Curse of Massillon?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you kidding? Coldwater never punted in that game! They put up >60 ccc and literally scored on every possession. That was one of the most lopsided state championship games in OHSAA history.
Nope not kidding. The game spiraled out of control and took Central out of their game. You’re a canton guy, but I’m guessing never saw CCC play in 2014?

I don’t even know where to begin to unpack this jumbled nonsense lol. I’ve read a lot of dumb on this site, but this has to be near the top. I think you need to drop the 3rd S from your username to start.

let’s try though…

I was in college when Justin transferred to Massillon. Hence why would I recruit him to a school I didn’t go to or never went too as y2k suggested. Hence my reply to him.

I went to CCC. I’m from Massillon. Parents went to Massillon. Most of extended family did too. So…hence… I’m a fan of CCC but will support Massillon. They’ve only played each other once .. not usually a problem eh lol?

I stated I’m mostly on Massillon threads bc there’s only one other CCC poster here frequently so there’s not a lot of CCC talk. Much more Massillon talk. I’m sure you MAY have noticed.

How exactly do you make it thru the day when you can’t understand a thing you read? God that’s gotta be miserable.
No one cares buddy. Cool story though.

Got it. So you deduced from watching Coldwater once that a team they beat by 41 would turn around and beat them 9 of 10 times. That’s quite the take.
Yet you seem to think since you saw Central once that you know all there it about them too. Equally a great take.

As I said before even Otten admitted that was coldwaters best game of the year and Central worst and mentioned how they handled two great teams previously to playing coldwater. But whatever right?

I don’t even know where to begin to unpack this jumbled nonsense lol. I’ve read a lot of dumb on this site, but this has to be near the top. I think you need to drop the 3rd S from your username to start.

let’s try though…

I was in college when Justin transferred to Massillon. Hence why would I recruit him to a school I didn’t go to or never went too as y2k suggested. Hence my reply to him.

I went to CCC. I’m from Massillon. Parents went to Massillon. Most of extended family did too. So…hence… I’m a fan of CCC but will support Massillon. They’ve only played each other once .. not usually a problem eh lol?

I stated I’m mostly on Massillon threads bc there’s only one other CCC poster here frequently so there’s not a lot of CCC talk. Much more Massillon talk. I’m sure you MAY have noticed.

How exactly do you make it thru the day when you can’t understand a thing you read? God that’s gotta be miserable.

Many Massillon fans on here think that football below Division 1, sorry Division 2 now, is "little league" football. Do you not agree with that?

Many Massillon fans on here think that football below Division 1, sorry Division 2 now, is "little league" football. Do you not agree with that?
Nah. I’ve gotten into it with a couple of them on that. For the most part, there’s a point. The best small division teams couldn’t beat good D1 teams. But to think Coldwaters and Kirtlands couldn’t handle a lot of D1 and D2 schools is silly.

Yet you seem to think since you saw Central once that you know all there it about them too. Equally a great take.
I know very little about CCC that year. I don’t have a take. I’m merely asking questions about your claim. I figured maybe half of CCC’s team was out in that title game for you to be so confident in their ability to turn around and beat Coldwater 9 straight times.

I know very little about CCC that year. I don’t have a take. I’m merely asking questions about your claim. I figured maybe half of CCC’s team was out in that title game for you to be so confident in their ability to turn around and beat Coldwater 9 straight times.
Moreso just the personnel they had. It was a rare CCC team to have that size and speed. Especially on both lines. And just how they beat very good teams that year and handled them. If I could get 1 game back and 1 game only it’d be the 2014 Coldwater game.

Nah. I’ve gotten into it with a couple of them on that. For the most part, there’s a point. The best small division teams couldn’t beat good D1 teams. But to think Coldwaters and Kirtlands couldn’t handle a lot of D1 and D2 schools is silly.
I would think most would agree Coldwater and Kirtland would beat 95% to 99% of all schools in Ohio

I have friends from Massillon that say even at their best CCC couldn't beat Massillon. And like I said, for the most part it’s true. All I know is there’s been years, like ‘14, CCC beat people Massillon lost to. I know that doesn’t mean they’d win… but .. I digress.

It seems like Massillon has a great team almost every year. I read somewhere that they are0-50 in the playoff age. Is there some curse like the old curse of the Bambino in Boston? Am I missing something? Nobody can be that unlucky for so long. Anyone know a good exorcist?
It is not a lack of luck. Mass. is just not as good as the other boys and girls out there.

Talk about thread drift. The idea of curse was to stimulate some humor about the situation. I really expected someone to come up with a creative story about a possible curse. Instead we get deranged supporters and haters of Massillon going on about everything and anything having to do with Massillon program. To borrow a quote from Stripes -“lighten up Francis”

Talk about thread drift. The idea of curse was to stimulate some humor about the situation. I really expected someone to come up with a creative story about a possible curse. Instead we get deranged supporters and haters of Massillon going on about everything and anything having to do with Massillon program. To borrow a quote from Stripes -“lighten up Francis”
For a while, the idea of a curse concerning the live mascot was possible. But I think they ended that a couple years ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.