Culture Matters

My culture did not involve raining down blows on people I disagreed with, and slamming their head repeatedly on the pavement like a Silverback.

Maybe that's just me, though.

My culture did not involve raining down blows on people I disagreed with, and slamming their head repeatedly on the pavement like a Silverback.

Maybe that's just me, though.
Did you notice how many of the other kids were provoked, restless, and chucking each other ? Looked like the rest of the troop after a baboon battle. Everybody getting adrenalized and ready in case they’re next. Animal survival. Or us dressed on the sidelines at a football game, waiting to get in

"Immigrants in the U.S. are, on average, the most assimilated in terms of language and educational attainment as they have been since at least the 1970s. By many measures, including English proficiency and wage growth, immigrants are assimilating faster and coming to the U.S. more “pre-assimilated” than in past decades.Oct 12, 2023"

Facts matter.

"Immigrants in the U.S. are, on average, the most assimilated in terms of language and educational attainment as they have been since at least the 1970s. By many measures, including English proficiency and wage growth, immigrants are assimilating faster and coming to the U.S. more “pre-assimilated” than in past decades.Oct 12, 2023"

Facts matter.
They do matter. You going to source that or is that you saying it? Then maybe read the article. LOL

They do matter. You going to source that or is that you saying it? Then maybe read the article. LOL

"Overall though, lessons from the Age of Mass Migration suggest that fears immigrants can’t fit into American society are misplaced. It would be a mistake to determine our nation’s immigration policy based on the belief that immigrants will remain foreigners, preserving their old ways of life and keeping themselves at arm’s length from the dominant culture. The evidence is clear that assimilation is real and measurable, that over time immigrant populations come to resemble natives, and that new generations form distinct identities as Americans."

"Overall though, lessons from the Age of Mass Migration suggest that fears immigrants can’t fit into American society are misplaced. It would be a mistake to determine our nation’s immigration policy based on the belief that immigrants will remain foreigners, preserving their old ways of life and keeping themselves at arm’s length from the dominant culture. The evidence is clear that assimilation is real and measurable, that over time immigrant populations come to resemble natives, and that new generations form distinct identities as Americans."

Those are all really nice. Off topic, but nice. Did you read the actually topic of the post? Wipe your tears away and maybe it will be clear to you.

Yes.
America WAS a melting pot. Meaning you came to this country and you adopted American principles and values.
This is o longer the case.
Those are all really nice. Off topic, but nice. Did you read the actually topic of the post? Wipe your tears away and maybe it will be clear to you.
I directly offered actual research and not just incorrect speculation like m14brian did. He is 100% wrong.

I was dead on topic in response to m14brian. Might want to ask m14brian what he was talking about.
Yet you're not on topic at all to the thread and didn't respond to m14brian directly. That's kind of how people know you're responding to them. Glad I could help.

Yet you're not on topic at all to the thread and didn't respond to m14brian directly. That's kind of how people know you're responding to them. Glad I could help.
You are no more on topic than me. I should have replied to his post, but missed it. Had you read his post, directly above mine, you would have figured it out. But you didn't. Thanks for the help though.

You are no more on topic than me. I should have replied to his post, but missed it. Had you read his post, directly above mine, you would have figured it out. But you didn't. Thanks for the help though.
Uhhh, I'm on topic as I started the thread sweetheart. I'm just trying to get you to stay on topic and not divert into one of your hissy fits. You're welcome for the assist as it's clear you need it. Kleenex?

I appreciate your maximum effort on this. You're not on topic, take the L. If you had responded to m14brian in the first place, this wouldn't be happening. But because you so urgently wanted to respond, you not only didn't quote him, but you forgot your sources. Slow down and breathe cupcake. LOL

Is he wrong? At least now you're on topic. LMAO
"I agree this is a problem, and the solution is to devote more of our resources to leveling the playing field as early as possible"
There are things I think are good points, starting with a very narrow scope that is not really a point of view represented by many at all and acting like it is the majority opinion flaws the entire discussion.

"Those who believe that racial equality requires proportional racial representation in all areas of life" Very few believe that it "requires proportional racial representation in all areas of life." Complete oversimplification and just wrong as an assumption.

Having a "common culture" is part of the definition of a nation state. Is destroying that commonality in pursuit of diversity and equity the beginning of the end of the American experiment?
This begins with a common language. English.

It’s fantastic if a person has social activities that keeps their native tongue, alive, or an accent, but people that seek to deal exclusively in the native language of immigrants are usually closer to the old Padrone system than real help.