CU Announces Merger with Thunder United

Thunder's better days are long behind them. I think they've got less than 20 teams, and none of them play at an elite level. Calling this a merger is generous. More than likely, the club was about to go under. This gives the players and families on current Thunder teams a chance to stay together and it gives CU access to more practice and game space

Thunder's better days are long behind them. I think they've got less than 20 teams, and none of them play at an elite level. Calling this a merger is generous. More than likely, the club was about to go under. This gives the players and families on current Thunder teams a chance to stay together and it gives CU access to more practice and game space
Yea, it a not so much a merger as it is CU gobbling them up. But I guess it does allow CU to expand with giving them access to another large complex for training. I'm sure it's a win for all involved. Hopefully the prices can remain similar for the TU familes moving over. I'd hate to see them get priced out of this deal.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Someone should write a business school case on this, classic of an organization losing their way by not doing an honest market analysis. They had a quite successful formula - parent coached teams, strong training support, low if hardly any overhead, cater to families, low cost, next step up from SAY/Rec. Then comes DOC's, Executive Directors, Administrators blah blah with the foolhardy notion that suddenly you are not what you are but instead we are CU/KHA/OE. I assume that WC will be next? Not sure. Makes me wonder what club, if any, will place their roots at the new facility being built on 741 near Otterbein.

Yea, it a not so much a merger as it is CU gobbling them up. But I guess it does allow CU to expand with giving them access to another large complex for training. I'm sure it's a win for all involved. Hopefully the prices can remain similar for the TU familes moving over. I'd hate to see them get priced out of this deal.

The cost between TU and CU were very comparable to be honest.

Someone should write a business school case on this, classic of an organization losing their way by not doing an honest market analysis. They had a quite successful formula - parent coached teams, strong training support, low if hardly any overhead, cater to families, low cost, next step up from SAY/Rec. Then comes DOC's, Executive Directors, Administrators blah blah with the foolhardy notion that suddenly you are not what you are but instead we are CU/KHA/OE. I assume that WC will be next? Not sure. Makes me wonder what club, if any, will place their roots at the new facility being built on 741 near Otterbein.

There board/president is what ruined them. they had found their niche and were exploding with numbers just a few years ago. the president blind-sided the director at the time and fired him because of "differing of philosophies", and replaced him with a puppet that he could completely control. They got what they deserved honestly.

Yet again, people with power ruining club soccer, who would have ever guessed! :rolleyes:

There board/president is what ruined them. they had found their niche and were exploding with numbers just a few years ago. the president blind-sided the director at the time and fired him because of "differing of philosophies", and replaced him with a puppet that he could completely control. They got what they deserved honestly.

Yet again, people with power ruining club soccer, who would have ever guessed! :rolleyes:
Are CU's numbers down?

A club President needs to take care of the business side of the club and not tell coaches / DOC's what they need to do and how to coach. Unfortunately TU learned this way to late. I agree he got more involved than he should have though he meant well in the long run it sunk them.

To be honest who really cares ?

Both these clubs are garbage !
This is the classic when two garbage trucks collide you get one big pile of crap !

CU is a Red headed step child of CUP and the only reason they are around is to fund CUP.
No players from CU ever advance and the majority parent coaches are on major ego Trips.

Thunder was worse , who knows what was really going on there, but someone walked away with the Money ?

You can rest assure that both these clubs were and are nothing more than a money grab !

If you are involved with either of these two clubs , SAY soccer is a much better option for you !

My granddaughter played for Thunder two years ago, even this old ran down coach knew something was wrong with the club. The lack of coaching, the poorly ran Party on the Pitch tournament, and not knowing what anyone else was doing drove this club into the ground. My daughter did not do her homework on the club, and followed a bunch of my granddaughter's friend to the club. They soon learned their mistake. I had never seen so many disappointed little girls after each match. The team was not prepared in anyway to play. They actually regressed each match, to a point where the ref would have to instruct them to throw the ball in. After the fall session my daughter attempted to leave the club, and was threaten by the club president he would prevent my granddaughter from playing for another club, and would hold her player card if it came down to it. My daughter pulled her anyways, and now she plays for CU. CU has been a wonderful experience, and with it many different programs there is room for growth. I do however wish CU would have let Thunder, and its horrible president and board of directors fold the club before taking over, but CU has its reasons.

To be honest who really cares ?

Both these clubs are garbage !
This is the classic when two garbage trucks collide you get one big pile of crap !

CU is a Red headed step child of CUP and the only reason they are around is to fund CUP.
No players from CU ever advance and the majority parent coaches are on major ego Trips.

Thunder was worse , who knows what was really going on there, but someone walked away with the Money ?

You can rest assure that both these clubs were and are nothing more than a money grab !

If you are involved with either of these two clubs , SAY soccer is a much better option for you !

You are an idiot that apparently has no clue about CU I know at least 20 girls in the last 3 years that have moved from CU to CUP and on to CDA.

Parent coaches are few and far between now versus 8 to 10 years ago and all have a professional trainer running their training sessions. There are a few professional coaches in the club and some do coach their kids but they have been coaching since before their kids played.

Bucky I suggest you actually know facts and stop trying to bash CU with falsehoods because it just makes you look more ignorant than you are.

My granddaughter played for Thunder two years ago, even this old ran down coach knew something was wrong with the club. The lack of coaching, the poorly ran Party on the Pitch tournament, and not knowing what anyone else was doing drove this club into the ground. My daughter did not do her homework on the club, and followed a bunch of my granddaughter's friend to the club. They soon learned their mistake. I had never seen so many disappointed little girls after each match. The team was not prepared in anyway to play. They actually regressed each match, to a point where the ref would have to instruct them to throw the ball in. After the fall session my daughter attempted to leave the club, and was threaten by the club president he would prevent my granddaughter from playing for another club, and would hold her player card if it came down to it. My daughter pulled her anyways, and now she plays for CU. CU has been a wonderful experience, and with it many different programs there is room for growth. I do however wish CU would have let Thunder, and its horrible president and board of directors fold the club before taking over, but CU has its reasons.

By merging I bet they get to have better access to fields at McClure. I also bet that there is no way CU allows CU Lebanon to be ran the way the Thunder leadership ran it.

CoachG
Dude I understand your frustration with CU.

But Dude your the one coaching at CU with the Big CoachG on the back of your shirt ?

Don't you think it is time to finally give it up to these up and coming younger coaches and retire before you break a hip ?

CoachG
Dude I understand your frustration with CU.

But Dude your the one coaching at CU with the Big CoachG on the back of your shirt ?

Don't you think it is time to finally give it up to these up and coming younger coaches and retire before you break a hip ?

LOL I dont have that name on any shirt. I appreciate your concern about my health. FYI I am still younger than many coaches and only about 2 years older than DB and close to TL's age. I guess you want them to retire also or you didn't think about that. Maybe you just really don't know who I am.

My teams on track and doing very nice things. Playing some very good soccer, learning and developing more and more each week. I do like my club but more importantly love youth soccer. Just all the chest thumping OE fans that have to lie, dont know club history, or feel like they need to tear other clubs down isn't right. I congratulate all the youth teams in this ara. I have even defended DB when he was attacked on here and I know it was not true. You and many on here never have anything good to say about any other local club so I help defend other clubs against the lies spewed in here. I also find this site to be comic relief many times as many pretend to know that they are talking about and when proven wrong you all just disappear for a week or two and continue on like you know all things soccer.

Bucktoothed- keep it up you atleast make me laugh. :laugh::laugh::laugh:

CoachG I know exactly who you are make no mistake.

I will always make you laugh.

I always know exactly what is going on in the soccer world here in this area.

SO if CU is that great they should break off from being the Red headed step child to CUP and form your own club, now that you have added Thunder?

Just because you enjoy going through the motions with these young kids doesn't mean what you are doing is right or even good for the kids or is just good for you ?

Keep thinking that way :thumb:

I was involved with my 2 girls in club soccer in the Cinn. area for about 14 years all told. I never heard of Thunder. Where were they based out of?

CoachG I know exactly who you are make no mistake.

I will always make you laugh.

I always know exactly what is going on in the soccer world here in this area.

SO if CU is that great they should break off from being the Red headed step child to CUP and form your own club, now that you have added Thunder?

Just because you enjoy going through the motions with these young kids doesn't mean what you are doing is right or even good for the kids or is just good for you ?

Keep thinking that way :thumb:
Nothing you said here makes any sense except to rant because you like ranting.

I was involved with my 2 girls in club soccer in the Cinn. area for about 14 years all told. I never heard of Thunder. Where were they based out of?

They pretty much just had one above average team Maybe U12 or U13, a few years ago that would be maybe U15's or U16's now, that left with the age group change. They went as a complete team to Impact and became irrelevant. Most Thunder teams were/are low level CUSL or whatever it's called now or Buckeye. With your daughter having been on KHA Red it's unlikely you would have ever played them. Basically they are a rec + kinda program they will be a good fit for CU.

They pretty much just had one above average team Maybe U12 or U13, a few years ago that would be maybe U15's or U16's now, that left with the age group change. They went as a complete team to Impact and became irrelevant. Most Thunder teams were/are low level CUSL or whatever it's called now or Buckeye. With your daughter having been on KHA Red it's unlikely you would have ever played them. Basically they are a rec + kinda program they will be a good fit for CU.

That team I think might have won state cup that year surprisingly. They are now U16 and play OSSL and NPL.

Thunder used to have a ton of kids because the pricing structure was attractive but not really a lot of quality. No way any of their teams played at KHA Red level, you may have played a game at McClure (their fields) at some point if you were in Buckeye though any years with your kids.

By merging I bet they get to have better access to fields at McClure. I also bet that there is no way CU allows CU Lebanon to be ran the way the Thunder leadership ran it.

I would believe that CU will phase out all things Thunder including its joke of a leadership. CU now has access to McClure with its ample amount of fields for practices, games, and tournaments. Hopefully CU Lebanon will grow, and be a proud member of the CU brand.