Cross Country and two or three sport athletes

cvctrackfan

At Gilmour I no longer coach cross country. So I take no credit for the versatility of these athletes. But I thought they are a unique group of girls. Of the 9 athletes who ran either the district or regional here is their bios.

Freshmen
1. Amy Weybrecht Track,XC, basketball. Her brother is the varsity kicker for University School

2. Anna Lisac prep hockey player cross country. She is currently also playing hockey.

3. Giovanna Rosko. Varsity swimmer XC . has never ran cross country or track in her life until this season.

4. Anna Grossner XC, track

Sophmore

5. Katlin Rulison XC, track came off a leg fracture to race at regional meet. She has six sisters. 4 who ran foe Gilmour or Beaumont.

juniors

6. Mary Lombardo Track,XC,basketball. Her father is the Head Football Coach at St Edwards High.

7. Ava Moe Tennis,XC, Lacrosse. Gilmour’s top tennis player. Had a fracture this season playing tennis. Missed the tennis playoffs. Came back to run the district meet.

8. Mia Polisena XC,Track,basketball has had several shoulder injuries Causing her to miss many basketball and track seasons. primarily a BB player. She now just runs.

Senior

9. Caitrina Barton XC and Track. Her sister ran for Gilmour.

Now let’s just hope I can continue their improvements this spring.

Taylor’ 2004 state champ team had 5 girls that played soccer and 1 that played volleyball at the same time they were running cross. The only one of the 7 that didn’t play two sports in the same season was their number 7 runner.

In the late 90's and early 2000, a Ross athlete kicked for the football team, played soccer, and ran cross country all in the same season. He was a state qualifier in cross country one year and won the DI 800 at the state meet in 2002. I heard that he played hockey in the winter.
I was always glad to have multi-sport athletes when I coached, but I felt that anybody who ran cross country had enough to do in season, so we didn't allow them to participate in another sport during the CC season.

Waynesville has a runner, Samantha Erbach who's a freshman that lead them to 2nd at Troy right behind Oakwood Saturday afternoon left the race and started in the District Soccer final that evening and scored the winning goal. She's the top scoring freshman in Ohio on the State ranked #1 soccer team. Good chance she goes to state for 2 sports as the top athlete in both as a freshman. Last week she broke the school XC record at Districts left the race and scored a goal and 2 assists in the Spartans win, also does Track.

Their #4 Runner on the girls side Harvey, also a freshman plays JV soccer, and Track

Their #5 or #6 runner depending on the day, Greely is also a freshman and is the starting Centerback for Varsity Soccer and plays Varsity Basketball and track.

This one is unbelievable but true. In 2006 Jr. Yann Schoenhagen of Gilmour Academy won the district championship at Edgewater Park. His mother then rushed him to the sectional Soccer championship. He won the match with a header in overtime. That night he was then crowned Gilmour’s homecoming king.

I'm curious as to what happens when the state soccer championship game conflicts with the state cross country meet. This happened to our school, but it only had an impact on the fans because none of the athletes did both sports.

We had it where you have to declare from day one which is your primary sport. Any conflict and you must do your primary sport as chosen.

I'm curious as to what happens when the state soccer championship game conflicts with the state cross country meet. This happened to our school, but it only had an impact on the fans because none of the athletes did both sports.

The State Cross Country meet Saturday conflicts with the Soccer Regional Finals, (Initially it did not but they moved the game time from 7pm to Noon to accommodate watching Ohio State Football?!?!?!? Title IX anyone...) State Soccer Finals are on the following Friday afternoon. They will move the soccer game time per OHSAA if the Waynesville Girls advance in Soccer tonight.

There have been a few years when we lost one or two athletes to soccer. And that would be on the girl’s side. But, it was more the State XC vs the soccer regionals.