COVID and private schools

especially never built enough endowment to support the elementaries and I imagine more than one endowment took a hit in their investments. Blessed be the ones God told to invest in on-line streaming.

One interesting thing I learned in talking to some folks over this weekend was my school was still assigning percentages to assignments and tests and giving out final letter grades for this fourth quarter. Supposedly the nearby public schools went to pass/incomplete/fail grading. The other anecdote was the workload that teachers in our system’s elementary levels were assigning kids was more than what other districts were assigning.

Does this ultimately mean much? Possibly not. Still, it was curious to hear this. Perhaps one “leg up” private schools may have compared to their public counterparts amidst the morass of online learning is the difference in workload as well as the appearance of higher expectations?

Do you think enrollment at private schools will decline since COVID may be forcing schools to have more online vs in-class instruction? Would you play more to send your kid to an online school vs a free public school education? Considering most people send their kids to a private school for the in-class experience.
Just moved back to KY last year and we enrolled him in the public school system, Scott County. We were debating switching to the local Catholic school next year but likely wont for different reasons. However we are looking at an online school if they decide it will be online this year and no in person educating. Was disappointed in how they handled the curriculum but i understand that isnt necessarily what they were trained to do and the difficulties of it.