Claymont v. Lake - 1/30/2020

I will be calling the Claymont v. Lake match on the radio tomorrow night, approximately 7:00 P.M. start. You can listen on 1540 WBTC AM, 101.9 WBTC FM or www. wbtclive.com. Hope you can listen!

106: Artman (L) p. Fawcett. 113: Cassetty (L) p. Birney. 120: Sponseller (L) p. Stewart. 126: Minick (L) p. Armstrong. 132: Futo (L) p. McMorrow. 138: Abdul (L) d. Peters 5-0. 145: Langdon (C) tech. fall Rosler 15-0. 152: Beard (L) d. Rhodes 7-0. 160: Jordan (L) p. Ferguson. 170: Schippert (L) p. White. 182: Slane (L) p. Hahn. 195: Shaw (C) p. Connors. 220: Clark (C) p. Davis. 285: Keeling (L) p. Aubiel.
Records: Lake 14-5.

It’s about time Claymont stops dragging their feet and gets a Warner on the staff.
Claymont hasn’t dragged their feet .. all three were offered a job and all three declined. When Coach Touk retired they graduated 13 seniors, didn’t matter who they brought in. Times were gonna be tough. In the two years coach Poland Has been coaching January 11 was the first time he’s had a full lineup. And they went 4-1 that day . They have lost one of the best freshman one of the best sophomores, and one of the best juniors on the team .. 2 of the three injuries are career ending ... They have a good 7, 8 and 9th grade class. Things will get better

Claymont hasn’t dragged their feet .. all three were offered a job and all three declined. When Coach Touk retired they graduated 13 seniors, didn’t matter who they brought in. Times were gonna be tough. In the two years coach Poland Has been coaching January 11 was the first time he’s had a full lineup. And they went 4-1 that day . They have lost one of the best freshman one of the best sophomores, and one of the best juniors on the team .. 2 of the three injuries are career ending ... They have a good 7, 8 and 9th grade class. Things will get better
Your right, I’ll be the first to tell you, Poland was dealt a bad set of cards. It was a tough job for anyone to take over. The injury luck has been crazy, fluke injuries. No ones fault. He might of offered 3 of them jobs directly after he was hired, but two of them had been promised the HC job from Touk himself on different occasions, so when that didn’t happen, it was a sore wound I’m sure. Time has passed, and I know after some direct knowledge, now is the time to re open that door. It’s pivotal for the future of Claymont Wrestling. JH group is very good, lot of forfeits though and still 3 very good JH kids who have left Via the transfer portal to next door Rivals IV. I can assure you that it won’t be the last either from the good JH Class that we got & the biddy as well. I want to see Claymont & Travis both succeed, but it starts with getting one of the best wrestling families in the state back involved in the program. Give the wrestlers the best chance to be successful and give them the best coaches around them.

There’s this thing called loyalty .. what do you do with the rum dums who didn’t tuck tail and run? And Touk had no control over hiring.

There’s this thing called loyalty .. what do you do with the rum dums who didn’t tuck tail and run? And Touk had no control over hiring.
If you think Touk didn’t have a hand in who His replacement was, then your naive. Wrestling is a developing sport, can’t have assistants stuck in the 80’s. The kids aren’t tucking tail, they want to be developed, that starts with getting the best assistants you can. What are they suppose to be afraid of?

If you think Touk didn’t have a hand in who His replacement was, then your naive. Wrestling is a developing sport, can’t have assistants stuck in the 80’s. The kids aren’t tucking tail, they want to be developed, that starts with getting the best assistants you can. What are they suppose to be afraid of?
I wasn’t talking about any kids tucking tail and running I would never run down a kid I was talking about what was posted earlier about claymont dragging their feet on getting a Warner in there to save claymont, sorry .. but I do know for a fact Touk didn’t have anything in on hiring Poland and Poland didn’t want any of the 80’s group 3 Warners. Kollin Clark. Jeremy Regula all decided to coach at least one of the worthless 80’s group is done after this year

I wasn’t talking about any kids tucking tail and running I would never run down a kid I was talking about what was posted earlier about claymont dragging their feet on getting a Warner in there to save claymont, sorry .. but I do know for a fact Touk didn’t have anything in on hiring Poland and Poland didn’t want any of the 80’s group 3 Warners. Kollin Clark. Jeremy Regula all decided to coach at least one of the worthless 80’s group is done after this year
That’s 100 percent not what you were talking about, but okay. I never said “ Worthless” either. Looks like there should be an open spot for a Warner then.

I love how Claymont people want to talk about kids leaving their program. Nevermind all the transfers you had through the years, Y'all considered those kids homegrown and accepted them with open arms

Maybe there is a reason a Warner is not on staff?

And maybe It’s non of them wanted it?

Last edited: