Sunday Oct. 16, 2022
BA wrestling center, 5130 Crookshank Rd, Cincinnati, OH 45238
2pm start
Livestream-Cincinnati RTC youtube page

Attachments

• 9D2DAB31-2320-443C-80D8-E49EC121D9F7.jpeg
    9D2DAB31-2320-443C-80D8-E49EC121D9F7.jpeg
    99.1 KB · Views: 97

I hope they keep doing these, and it catches on more throughout the state. I am really excited to see some of these matches. Would love to see the Wisconsin kid, and how he stacks up to our best here in Ohio. Can't wait to see Attisano wrestle, he was great last year when I saw him at National Middle School Duals. Awesome to see the little guys represented, and you are not going to find much better than Sharples and Crawford at their age on both the state and National scene. Future of Ohio wrestling right there! Keep it up Cincinnati RTC!

I hope they keep doing these, and it catches on more throughout the state. I am really excited to see some of these matches. Would love to see the Wisconsin kid, and how he stacks up to our best here in Ohio. Can't wait to see Attisano wrestle, he was great last year when I saw him at National Middle School Duals. Awesome to see the little guys represented, and you are not going to find much better than Sharples and Crawford at their age on both the state and National scene. Future of Ohio wrestling right there! Keep it up Cincinnati RTC!
There’s a lot of young talent out there. Can you share about the two you mentioned? I’m not familiar? OAC champs?

There’s a lot of young talent out there. Can you share about the two you mentioned? I’m not familiar? OAC champs?
From what I know and was also able to dig up.

Crawford is a 2x OAC Champ, Tulsa National Champ (multiple time finalist?) Reno champ or finalist I can’t remember. He’s a stud, he’s beat Sharples at OAC before I believe in a close match. I saw the bracket, they teched and pinned everyone except the match they wrestled each other.

Sharples is a State Champ, USA Greco and Freestyle National Champ, Preseason Nationals Finalist and multiple time placer. Saw he just won the Grappler. I think he was top 10 in the National Youth Rankings last year at some point.

Both are well above their age in technique, they are those kids that you just know will translate well to high school.

From what I know and was also able to dig up.

Crawford is a 2x OAC Champ, Tulsa National Champ (multiple time finalist?) Reno champ or finalist I can’t remember. He’s a stud, he’s beat Sharples at OAC before I believe in a close match. I saw the bracket, they teched and pinned everyone except the match they wrestled each other.

Sharples is a State Champ, USA Greco and Freestyle National Champ, Preseason Nationals Finalist and multiple time placer. Saw he just won the Grappler. I think he was top 10 in the National Youth Rankings last year at some point.

Both are well above their age in technique, they are those kids that you just know will translate well to high school.
Got ya. Sounds like a good one.
Are you one of the kids dads? I can’t find a lot of that information. lol I need a crash course in how to find results, trackwrestling which I’m used to doesn’t reflect some of those results. What’s the best place to find youth results?

Got ya. Sounds like a good one.
Are you one of the kids dads? I can’t find a lot of that information. lol I need a crash course in how to find results, trackwrestling which I’m used to doesn’t reflect some of those results. What’s the best place to find youth results?
No I am not, but I am around Ohio youth wrestling a lot and have seen both wrestle. I could tell you a lot about most of the top youth wrestlers in Ohio as well. If you want to know about any particular kid, just ask me, and I might have the answer for you.

Trackwrestling profiles for both of them do reflect some of the results I stated above, floarena also has results, but you have to know what you are looking for with that. Sharples has 12 losses on his trackwrestling profile, and Crawford has 4. But what you have to understand, is Sharples has 2 Ohio losses in like 3 years, and one of those were to Crawford, and Crawford has 0 Ohio losses during that time. They only lose to the top of the top kids from across the country. I am willing to bet of those 12 losses, its probably to only like 3-4 different wrestlers, and they lost to the same stud from PA or wherever, multiple times during the year. I do know Sharples has A LOT of big wins to his credit over the past few years, and that is why he got ranked in the top 10 in the country at some point last year. He takes more losses than he maybe should, but he is also capable of beating anyone and is really fun to watch. Think a little mini Filipe Martinez, he is not afraid to go for broke. Which is also why he takes more losses, go figure. Crawford, think a little mini Jaime Clark, with a high motor and great technique. He is the favorite in this matchup, but not by much. I also get a lot of information off both parents facebook haha. I know Sharples just won Grappler, and also had a big win against a Tulsa and Reno Champ from PA in New Jersey a few weeks ago. I know this from Facebook, then looking at the brackets.

pretty cool.. im gonna have to figure out how to watch it to support this event.
I think these type of events are great for growing the future of the sport.
Flo has already been huge with this stuff

No I am not, but I am around Ohio youth wrestling a lot and have seen both wrestle. I could tell you a lot about most of the top youth wrestlers in Ohio as well. If you want to know about any particular kid, just ask me, and I might have the answer for you.

Trackwrestling profiles for both of them do reflect some of the results I stated above, floarena also has results, but you have to know what you are looking for with that. Sharples has 12 losses on his trackwrestling profile, and Crawford has 4. But what you have to understand, is Sharples has 2 Ohio losses in like 3 years, and one of those were to Crawford, and Crawford has 0 Ohio losses during that time. They only lose to the top of the top kids from across the country. I am willing to bet of those 12 losses, its probably to only like 3-4 different wrestlers, and they lost to the same stud from PA or wherever, multiple times during the year. I do know Sharples has A LOT of big wins to his credit over the past few years, and that is why he got ranked in the top 10 in the country at some point last year. He takes more losses than he maybe should, but he is also capable of beating anyone and is really fun to watch. Think a little mini Filipe Martinez, he is not afraid to go for broke. Which is also why he takes more losses, go figure. Crawford, think a little mini Jaime Clark, with a high motor and great technique. He is the favorite in this matchup, but not by much. I also get a lot of information off both parents facebook haha. I know Sharples just won Grappler, and also had a big win against a Tulsa and Reno Champ from PA in New Jersey a few weeks ago. I know this from Facebook, then looking at the brackets.
I got it. I started looking at the track record for both kids and not just the record at the top. pretty interesting that the record on the top does reflect the matches in the track record area for either. Is there a way to delete results from showing on your record? Also, I wish that the flo merger with trackwrestilng would have improved flo arena. I can not navigate that for the life of me.

Cool card and idea. Hope these continue to encourage some matches from higher competition.

I got it. I started looking at the track record for both kids and not just the record at the top. pretty interesting that the record on the top does reflect the matches in the track record area for either. Is there a way to delete results from showing on your record? Also, I wish that the flo merger with trackwrestilng would have improved flo arena. I can not navigate that for the life of me.

Cool card and idea. Hope these continue to encourage some matches from higher competition.
its pretty funny you would ask. here is how many parents navigate their track profile. They will create an account and register their kid for a tournament. If the kid doesnt do well, they will delete that track profile and it wont show up on their track record. If they have a good tournament, you can link the 2 accounts. I find it hilarious myself, but hey to each their own.

Trackwrestling record at the top is only for the past 12 months. Stuff automatically falls off the record at the top after a year. So say you are 15-4 and today is OCT 5th, and you had a tournament last year on OCT 6th and you went 3-2, then tomorrow those results will no longer be reflected on your record at the top anymore. Your record will automatically change to 12-2. But you can always find the results at the bottom if you want to look.

its pretty funny you would ask. here is how many parents navigate their track profile. They will create an account and register their kid for a tournament. If the kid doesnt do well, they will delete that track profile and it wont show up on their track record. If they have a good tournament, you can link the 2 accounts. I find it hilarious myself, but hey to each their own.
I do know that happens. I do not believe that’s the case here with what he’s asking, because the results are still there, but the record is different. Which just means the results are older than 12 months.

i dont know crawford, but im sure sharples wouldnt chase the track profile scene.. lol.. not saying crawford would at all either, just that there are people out there that do it regularly. I have even seen an Ohio parent register their same kid under 2 different names at 2 different tournaments the same weekend to pick the easier one to go to.. .haha... crazy what some parents will do...anyways,
I think this is great and kudos for these type of events

Wow, I can't imagine caring so much about something so inconsequential.