Cincinnati pre-season all-city team

Whats your honest take on Trent Donald??? I have heard mixed opinions. I have yet to see the kid in person I will probably make it out to watch him when Winton Woods hosts Wayne. You do a great job in giving information about the kids and there strengths and weaknesses.

Trent is way undersized to play the post but he has elite strength, quick feet, is super skilled, and a bulldog. He can play 3, 4, or 5. He causes so many matchup problems at the HS level and is also a great rebounder when he wants to be.

Sometimes he forced things too much and can let his anger get to him, but it's that edge on him that makes him good.

Hate to play the "what if" game, but, if he was 6'7 he's playing at whichever college he wants to.

These lists are hard to do, especially if you feel compelled to name a top 5 by position as opposed to the best 5 players. For example I would have Boykins on 1st team and would consider McCormick to be a point guard for these purposes. In addition, I would probably go with Cheatham on 1st team as well but I would have him replacing a shooting guard you have listed now. Overall a good analysis.

Hoops has supported kennard, so i am guessing since it is a Cincinnati raking he drew the line at Middletown and considered Franklin as part of Dayton.

Hoops has supported kennard, so i am guessing since it is a Cincinnati raking he drew the line at Middletown and considered Franklin as part of Dayton.

Last year I covered Franklin some, but this year I've decided not to. Luke definitely would've been on the Division II-IV First Team.

The reason I've dropped Franklin is that they play in a Dayton league.

Schools like Hamilton, Middletown, and Wilmington play in Cincinnati based leagues; so they are covered.

Franklin is in the same boat as Springboro in that sense.

Not a bad list,
I would start with Kevin Johnson at PG (I know he is on the Div II - IV), but this is MY list! LOL
Zach McCormick & Josh Davenport on the wings are as good as it gets!

** I think Vince Edwards is a wing also and was a toss-up between Davenport and Edwards as the 3 **

I am surprising myself that I am writing this name, but Kwam Cheetam could turn out to be a surprise at the 4, and my 5 is TBD.

My sleeper picks from the honorable mention lists are Bryan Porter, Myo Baxter and Cumberland from Wilmington

Not a bad list,
I would start with Kevin Johnson at PG (I know he is on the Div II - IV), but this is MY list! LOL
Zach McCormick & Josh Davenport on the wings are as good as it gets!

** I think Vince Edwards is a wing also and was a toss-up between Davenport and Edwards as the 3 **

I am surprising myself that I am writing this name, but Kwam Cheetam could turn out to be a surprise at the 4, and my 5 is TBD.

My sleeper picks from the honorable mention lists are Bryan Porter, Myo Baxter and Cumberland from Wilmington

Good list. I think your five man has to be Isaiah Johnson. Myo Baxter is a great sleeper pick, for the record he was the one kid that I wanted to squeeze on the all-city team instead of honorable mention b/c I think he'll have a huge year.

Even without going to an "all-class" team, I wouldn't have your 1st team PG on there for two reasons -- not really a point guard and just haven't seen him merit that kind of spot regardless. Still, overall, you have a good handle on southwest Ohio basketball and cover it more so than anyone else.

Trent is way undersized to play the post but he has elite strength, quick feet, is super skilled, and a bulldog. He can play 3, 4, or 5. He causes so many matchup problems at the HS level and is also a great rebounder when he wants to be.

Sometimes he forced things too much and can let his anger get to him, but it's that edge on him that makes him good.

Hate to play the "what if" game, but, if he was 6'7 he's playing at whichever college he wants to.

Thanks, I graduated from Wayne High School and live in the Cincinnati area, Im gonna go check them out when they play WW, should be a really good game Wayne has about 4 or 5 sophomores getting looked at by colleges already.

Thanks, I graduated from Wayne High School and live in the Cincinnati area, Im gonna go check them out when they play WW, should be a really good game Wayne has about 4 or 5 sophomores getting looked at by colleges already.

Wayne has five really good sophomores, plus some other talented players.

The top two, however, are sophomore PF's Xeyrius Williams and Ahmad Wagner.

Williams is a legit 6'8 while Wagner is over 6'7, and both are very good athletes.

The guard that is getting the hype is D'mitrik Trice, he's small but very skilled and has a mature feel for the game.