Cincinnati Job Openings

The Seton parent fan base was pretty active on here a week and a half ago and now nothing but crickets...
Those Seton parents that were supposedly on here last week will lose their minds if an Assistant gets the job. Seton and Elder give Parents to much of a voice imo. There is a huge difference between being involved in their kids Sports and turning that into a total 💩💩show!

Those Seton parents that were supposedly on here last week will lose their minds if an Assistant gets the job. Seton and Elder give Parents to much of a voice imo. There is a huge difference between being involved in their kids Sports and turning that into a total 💩💩show!
You would think that they would of have learned from all the other previous bad hires but....

You would think that they would have have learned from all the other previous bad hires but....
Well one could think maybe it’s an AD problem? Everyone in the west side knows Seton really just focuses on soccer, dance, and volleyball.

The most recent HC was just handed the job two years ago in the middle of May. The coach before that was some JV coach at Oak Hills, and the coaches before that got ousted as well. At least from what I’ve heard, the current assistant is in the building, has great rapport with the players, and has been a part of lot of success and probably well mentored coming from Alter and other places.

I am not sure what influence Elder parents have had… their football, basketball, and baseball coaches have been there for 25+ years. They may complain a lot, but there has not been a regime change. 😂

Any word about candidates for West or Mason? Any other jobs opening up? I’m sure places like Talawanda, Hamilton, or Fenwick are undesirable

Any word about candidates for West or Mason? Any other jobs opening up? I’m sure places like Talawanda, Hamilton, or Fenwick are undesirable
I'm not sure about West or Mason candidates that are for sure gunning for it. We all know people are going to flock to West just because of it being West and being open for the first time in 33 years. IMO Mason will either be wide open or very tight with the assistant supposedly in waiting.

Talawanda, Hamilton, Fenwick arent undesirable. Each school needs a coach that can help lead and let players run their culture( if possible). All of those schools have really nice facilities. I would even throw Edgewood in that mix on facilities also. Big ol high school coaching carousel happening in SW OH

Well one could think maybe it’s an AD problem? Everyone in the west side knows Seton really just focuses on soccer, dance, and volleyball.

The most recent HC was just handed the job two years ago in the middle of May. The coach before that was some JV coach at Oak Hills, and the coaches before that got ousted as well. At least from what I’ve heard, the current assistant is in the building, has great rapport with the players, and has been a part of lot of success and probably well mentored coming from Alter and other places.

I am not sure what influence Elder parents have had… their football, basketball, and baseball coaches have been there for 25+ years. They may complain a lot, but there has not been a regime change. 😂
Not going to comment on the past coaches. I personally would not be mad if they hired Coach Morrison. Hardest working dude I've seen. Not many JV coaches out there scouting and calling out other teams sets. Has a lot of passion for coaching and really cares about the success of the program. His downside is he's young and inexperienced; he acknowledges that he's a student of the game but will work hard for the girls to help build a strong program. Not much more you can ask for, IMO.

From what I hear, the AD department is doing a good job of getting some great basketball minds on the hiring committee that have ties to the school. I'm happy to see them take their time and make a good, educated decision.

It might still be early for some of these but anyone know is going where or a front runner?
Schools with openings:
Withrow
Hamilton
Lakota West
Mason
Seton
Roger Bacon
Edgewood
Talawanda
Fenwick
Turpin
Middletown- Madison?

Hearing Seton is wrapping up interviews today and tomorrow... Finalists/interviewees include Caldwell, Smith, Morrison, and Chadwell (ties to Brown County area, lives up north somewhere). Seton may try to have this decision completed before Easter break.

I know Caldwell is a Westsider, and has a daughter (not sure of her age currently) could he be setting up an opportunity to coach his daughter?

Even though I have asked about position rumors and possible candidates before, I would say new coaches will be announced by tomorrow end of the day at the earliest or next few weeks once schools are back from their spring breaks at the latest. Some schools have been open for 3-4 weeks.

Just some questions/opinions about what may be going on with a few of these jobs:

Mason - Are they going to post the position? Do they already know who they want? Very surprised they have not posted it on the OHsaa website. Have they started accepting applications?

Lakota West - To me, this is a very tough job. Extremely high expectations with not as much talent. In the job listing, the AD listed all of Fishman’s accomplishments and that they had won the league 6 of the last 10 years. This is not 2010. East has their first legit coach in a long time, Mason is great, Princeton is the place to be now and MND is still excellent. West will not win the gmc 6 of the next 10 years. The new coach may find expectations are very unrealistic.

Seton - If they wrapped up interviews on Tuesday, I would have thought they would have made an announcement today. Maybe tomorrow, but someone said something about an Easter break. I would think they at least offered one of them and gave them the weekend to get back to them. Very awkward to do second interviews and then say we will get back to you in a week. Not usually how things are done.

Fenwick - I am hearing they are going hard after Ally McCarthey. She was an assistant at Springboro this year and her husband is the boys coach at Fenwick and is an alum. Would make sense for her if she wants to be a head coach to coach at Fenwick. Maybe she could convince her high school coach, John Rossi, to come back to his alma mater and be her assistant. If not her, I have not heard any names.

Roger Bacon - I would think they would hire Nick Baltimore. He was on staff last year and had some great success at Mercy McAuley when they merged. Some have questioned if he would be able to get a job, but Roger Bacon already had him on staff this year. He could either be great at Roger Bacon or it could blow up quickly. Might be worth a chance to try and compete with what is going on at Purcell.

Look forward to reading others opinions or inside information.

I know Caldwell is a Westsider, and has a daughter (not sure of her age currently) could he be setting up an opportunity to coach his daughter?
:unsure: Dave Caldwell a Westsider, I did not know that. The guy will do a fantastic job, if he's the choice. Will be interesting to see how the girls respond to his style of coaching.

Just some questions/opinions about what may be going on with a few of these jobs:

Mason - Are they going to post the position? Do they already know who they want? Very surprised they have not posted it on the OHsaa website. Have they started accepting applications?

Lakota West - To me, this is a very tough job. Extremely high expectations with not as much talent. In the job listing, the AD listed all of Fishman’s accomplishments and that they had won the league 6 of the last 10 years. This is not 2010. East has their first legit coach in a long time, Mason is great, Princeton is the place to be now and MND is still excellent. West will not win the gmc 6 of the next 10 years. The new coach may find expectations are very unrealistic.

Seton - If they wrapped up interviews on Tuesday, I would have thought they would have made an announcement today. Maybe tomorrow, but someone said something about an Easter break. I would think they at least offered one of them and gave them the weekend to get back to them. Very awkward to do second interviews and then say we will get back to you in a week. Not usually how things are done.

Fenwick - I am hearing they are going hard after Ally McCarthey. She was an assistant at Springboro this year and her husband is the boys coach at Fenwick and is an alum. Would make sense for her if she wants to be a head coach to coach at Fenwick. Maybe she could convince her high school coach, John Rossi, to come back to his alma mater and be her assistant. If not her, I have not heard any names.

Roger Bacon - I would think they would hire Nick Baltimore. He was on staff last year and had some great success at Mercy McAuley when they merged. Some have questioned if he would be able to get a job, but Roger Bacon already had him on staff this year. He could either be great at Roger Bacon or it could blow up quickly. Might be worth a chance to try and compete with what is going on at Purcell.

Look forward to reading others opinions or inside information.
Mason might post the job but its Gideon. I believe thats why they arent in a rush at this point.

Lakota West- It will be a tough job but the foundation is in place. I believe a fresh face could be huge to jump start that program again. This has to be Amber Gray if she wants it.

Seton has made their hire with Caldwell. should be announced at any point today.

Fenwick is going to struggle regardless. The name Ally Malott may help get some kids.

Roger Bacon-It doesnt matter who they get. This program has fallen off so bad in the last few years. (Not sure why Nick Baltimore wouldnt be able to get another job)

Mason might post the job but its Gideon. I believe thats why they arent in a rush at this point.

Lakota West- It will be a tough job but the foundation is in place. I believe a fresh face could be huge to jump start that program again. This has to be Amber Gray if she wants it.

Seton has made their hire with Caldwell. should be announced at any point today.

Fenwick is going to struggle regardless. The name Ally Malott may help get some kids.

Roger Bacon-It doesnt matter who they get. This program has fallen off so bad in the last few years. (Not sure why Nick Baltimore wouldnt be able to get another job)
Dave Caldwell leaving Mariemont, going to 7 divisions next year, for Seton is one of the most curious moves I can remember. Warriors must have NOTHING in the pipeline.

:unsure: Dave Caldwell a Westsider, I did not know that. The guy will do a fantastic job, if he's the choice. Will be interesting to see how the girls respond to his style of coaching.
Definitely an interesting hire if it’s true… I am sure Seton is waiting to announce when they get back next week from Easter break.

Caldwell is not a westsider though; I believe he lives in the Milford area and his daughters attend Ursuline.

Definitely an interesting hire if it’s true… I am sure Seton is waiting to announce when they get back next week from Easter break.

Caldwell is not a westsider though; I believe he lives in the Milford area and his daughters attend Ursuline.
Guy lives in Milford area and daughters attend Ursuline what is his connection and or attraction to Seton?

Guy lives in Milford area and daughters attend Ursuline what is his connection and or attraction to Seton?
I heard he's looking for a job in the building to go along with the coaching. His name is popping up across the area for other coaching and job opportunities. If Seton has a job in the building available for him, then he's probably the guy. I would be surprised if he's offered or accepts the coaching job without a position for him. That is a lot of commuting across the city to live in one area, work somewhere else, and coach at Seton, a place not very easy to get to.