Cincinnati Area Owns 45% of Big School State Titles

MoeDude

LIVE FREE OR DIE!
Just for something to do during quarantining I decided to count how many Baseball State Titles were won by Cincinnati Area Teams. Since 1928 they have won 41 of the 91 big school state titles. Add to that another 16 titles from small schools in the Cincinnati area. Along with these details there is the tremendous record by Elder baseball of winning at least one state title in 7 straight decades from 1943 through 2005. Moeller is challenging that record with a state title in 5 straight decades beginning in 1972. Interestingly Western Hills had a run from 1948 through 1986 of having a state title per decade.

On the small school level Reading has 6 state titles from 1943 through 1980. Here is the breakdown per school:

Attachments

• HighSchStateTitles.pdf
    121.1 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:

FWIW. Hamilton Badin only won in 91 and 96. Runner up in 75, 84, 05, 09, 16.
Impressive list no doubt. Moeller and Elder are fantastic baseball programs.

Badin runs a true baseball program with work for those not in other sports all year around. Assistant coaches stay involved in the summer. There is a reason why it is consistently one of the most competitive teams in SWO although it should be a D2 program in terms of enrollment size. I was looking forward to watching some of their games this year.

Which assistant coaches from Badin stay involved all summer?
The cancellation of the season hit them hard as they were “loaded” this year.

Elder and Moeller come from one of the best leagues in the state of Ohio. Great programs.

Will any of those other schools listed besides Elder and Moeller win a title anytime soon? Regardless of the division?

Badin runs a true baseball program with work for those not in other sports all year around. Assistant coaches stay involved in the summer. There is a reason why it is consistently one of the most competitive teams in SWO although it should be a D2 program in terms of enrollment size. I was looking forward to watching some of their games this year.
Not throwing any shade at Badin, because I know they have one of the best programs in SWO. In 2015 Badin was in D3, and my high school (Twin Valley South) got the short end of the straw and got in #1 seeded Badin's bracket. We had to travel there to play them for their opening tournament game. We rolled down with our 12 varsity players and came away with a 2-1 victory. We play them 100 times and they beat us 99 times, but that day was the 1. It may be the biggest upset win in our school history. The following year Badin made it to the state championship in D2. Pretty crazy.

Which assistant coaches from Badin stay involved all summer?
The cancellation of the season hit them hard as they were “loaded” this year.
A couple of them are involved in the ACES program and run some clinics out of the indoor facility in Ross. A couple of years ago, one coached an 18u XBA team. If by loaded, you mean several D1 commits, I do think Badin was poised to have a good if not great season. They had a real nice shortstop, center fielder, right handed and left handed pitcher. I think their catching was going to be solid but I am friends with the senior catcher, so I am bias there.