CHL Football 2019

DP with some transfers huh......man how do you city folk deal with that.
Of course they have a bunch of transfers, that’s the only way they could win a state title in basketball.

Then what happens when their transfers transfer somewhere else, like Mark Wise?

Yappimember67 called it... 4 games, 4 blowouts. Another typical week in the good old CHL. Tip of the hat to Taylor for playing the closest game of the week. Mariemont was up 14-7 at halftime. We should have a contest. Everyone predict an average composite score for all 28 CHL games.

It might be a little early to call this but is this the year the CHL gets 5 teams in the play-offs?

Wyoming is a lock in R16. Indian Hill is probable in R16 as well with at least 8 wins. Madiera and Mariemont are currently teams #1 & 2 in R20 and Deer Park could likely qualify in R24 again with at least 6 wins.

Playoff Near Locks for CHL: Wyoming, IH, Madeira, Mariemont. Deer Park probably needs 7 wins to make it which would require beating either Mariemont or Madeira. They will be 5-1 heading into Wyoming needing to win one of the next three to make playoffs as week 10 vs Reading is a win for them.

Playoff Near Locks for CHL: Wyoming, IH, Madeira, Mariemont. Deer Park probably needs 7 wins to make it which would require beating either Mariemont or Madeira. They will be 5-1 heading into Wyoming needing to win one of the next three to make playoffs as week 10 vs Reading is a win for them.
Its interesting that IH who lost at Home to McNick is a lock in D16 but the Rockets might not win another game this year with the remaining schedule. Highlights the flaws in the Harbin system. Weak conferences have a definite advantage. Not a complaint but an observation.

Flaw in the system but no system is perfect. No value for "quality of losses". Not sure how it is fixed given how complicated Harbin already is.

There’s potential for some decent games this week.

Madeira has looked good so far, although against weaker completion. Interested to see how they do against IH.

Reading and Finneytown could be competitive, but that game will look much different.

Wyoming and Mariemont will be a blowout. Deer Park and Taylor is a closer blowout I think.

There’s potential for some decent games this week.

Madeira has looked good so far, although against weaker completion. Interested to see how they do against IH.

Reading and Finneytown could be competitive, but that game will look much different.

Wyoming and Mariemont will be a blowout. Deer Park and Taylor is a closer blowout I think.
I think Madeira/IH will be a good game with a slight edge going to IH -but Madeira could win it. Reading/Finneytown will be a pillow fight, not sure who wins that one. DP/Taylor will all be decent game but I think DP comes out on top. Wyoming will ruin Mariemont's perfect season in a big way.

If Finneytown doesn't beat Reading tonight, it means they will have gone exactly 5 years without beating a CHL opponent since their last CHL win was 10/3/14 against Deer Park.

Based on 4 weeks of results, it looks like this match-up will be this year's Toilet Bowl for the league. Reading has played a much tougher schedule which means they remain a little bit more of a mystery.

Deer Park 28 - Taylor 21

Taylor’s AD tweeted that Taylor finished the game with their 4th QB already this year. He threw for their last TD.

The most competitive week in the CHL in awhile.

Deer Park 28, Taylor 21
Wyoming 21, Mariemont 0
Reading 33, Finneytown 32. Reading blocked a FG kick at the end of the game to win.
Indian Hill 31, Madeira 24

I saw the Mariemont-Wyoming game. Wyoming (and Prater) did not look particularly good on offense. Prater completed less than 50% and threw an INT. Mariemont's defense was actually pretty good, but they were on the field for a long time because they have no offense.

I know criticizing refs is frowned upon these days, but that game also had maybe the worst back judge I've ever seen - he made a few horrendous calls. Luckily, it didn't affect the result.

Reading 33, Finneytown 32. Reading blocked a FG kick at the end of the game to win.

Finneytown scored with a little over five minutes to play to go up 32-19, but missed the extra point. Reading took about 90 seconds to score on their next possession, then recovered a Finneytown fumble and scored again. Finneytown then moved from their own 25 to the Reading 22 in 14 seconds only to have a field goal attempt blocked on the last play.

It was 12-12 after three; there were six touchdowns in the fourth quarter. (Unfortunately there were only five extra points.)

Yup - Madeira kept it closer than I thought. Good thing I don’t bet a lot because I would have bet the house on Wyoming beating Mariemont by 30+. Mariemont defense actually pretty good

Yup - Madeira kept it closer than I thought. Good thing I don’t bet a lot because I would have bet the house on Wyoming beating Mariemont by 30+. Mariemont defense actually pretty good
I would have bet the house on that one too. Apparently Mariemont is better than I though or Wyoming is worse...or both?

Interested to see how Madeira matches up with Wyoming this week. Madeira and Indian Hill both seem to be pretty good and Wyoming didn't look amazing against Mariemont. Still, that being said, I think Wyoming wins.

Sam Autry looking like a good QB this year. Already 1300+ yards with 10 TDs and 3 INTs. He has a couple of good receivers with Megois and Hamm as well. And I believe Autry is only a JR.

The league is much more even this year. Autry is a nice player and having a great year. Wyoming and Indian hill still are the best. Prater is obviously a great player and hasn’t played his best. Indian Hill QB has had a really good year. Taylor is super young and on their 3rd and 4th string QB. The surprise player in the league year has to be the hilvert kid. At 6’2 and 230 pounds he seems to be everywhere. The Transfer from Bacon is also really good. I am surprised that Madeira is playing like they are. Being retired and having so many friends in the business I get to see and talk to many of the coaches

I would have bet the house on that one too. Apparently Mariemont is better than I though or Wyoming is worse...or both?

From what I've seen...the wyoming QB, can't recall his name, is a mediocre thrower. Missed a LOT of open throws. BUT, wyoming receivers dropped just as many easy ones. Life is different without last years good receiver

From what I've seen...the wyoming QB, can't recall his name, is a mediocre thrower. Missed a LOT of open throws. BUT, wyoming receivers dropped just as many easy ones. Life is different without last years good receiver

I'm no scout, but Evan Prater (Wyoming's QB) has a strong arm, although he seems to be inaccurate sometimes. And you're correct, his job is a little harder with Joey Edmonds from last season.

The league is much more even this year. Autry is a nice player and having a great year. Wyoming and Indian hill still are the best. Prater is obviously a great player and hasn’t played his best. Indian Hill QB has had a really good year. Taylor is super young and on their 3rd and 4th string QB. The surprise player in the league year has to be the hilvert kid. At 6’2 and 230 pounds he seems to be everywhere. The Transfer from Bacon is also really good. I am surprised that Madeira is playing like they are. Being retired and having so many friends in the business I get to see and talk to many of the coaches

Thanks Mr. Hilvert. Surprise player in the league? Nobody’s knows who he is. If we are talking about surprise players in the league it should be Autry, Lopez, or Glassmeyer.

Little too old to have kids that young!! That was my point no one knew who he was. If you read my post I also mentioned the other 2 kids you said.:unsure: