Chl Basketball 2014-2014

chlnewbie

I think our last thread was lost in the server crash! Whats new in the league? Time to talk offseason.

Anybody no anything about the new Deer Park Coach? Never heard of him, and never really saw a posting.

Where are we at CHL friends, so much to talk about but we are all silent:shrug: :shrug:

Just heard that Finneytown is open? With the early success of Griggs, im going to assume he stepped down, no way the would let him go or would they:dang: :dang:

How long until Rooks ends up at Lakota West?

Griggs definitely stepped aside on his own. Finneytown is an interesting place from a coaching perspective so they should get a couple good candidates.

Is Rooks going to leave Wyoming for Lakota West?

Yah it was announced a few weeks ago. Chad Corneilius i believe is his name. Dont know anything about him or where he is from.

Griggs definitely stepped aside on his own. Finneytown is an interesting place from a coaching perspective so they should get a couple good candidates.

Is Rooks going to leave Wyoming for Lakota West?

Sounds like Griggs is a smart man, I don't think Finneytown has much talent coming up.

Deer Park is definitely open, AD confirmed to guy I know who works there. In reality, does it matter? Lot of key players left from a lot of teams in the league, but I would think top 4 will remain the same in some order, right? New Finneytown guy will have work cut out for him whoever it is.

Deer Park is definitely open, AD confirmed to guy I know who works there. In reality, does it matter? Lot of key players left from a lot of teams in the league, but I would think top 4 will remain the same in some order, right? New Finneytown guy will have work cut out for him whoever it is.

So what happened to the guy Deer Park named a couple of weeks ago? Finneytown will be tough,but still have the athletes to do some damage..question is are they disciplined enough.

I am not really sure to be honest. I called the guy I know who works there this morning, he said he would ask around on Monday.

I heard that there was a disagreement about compensation at deer park. I also heard once the new coach saw the hand he was being dealt talent wise made the decision easier.

I heard that there was a disagreement about compensation at deer park. I also heard once the new coach saw the hand he was being dealt talent wise made the decision easier.

Talent Wise, Im sure he did run and hide:laugh: :laugh: However, I would be a little skeptical of this guy if he didnt atleast do a little research prior to applying for the job:Ohno: :Ohno:

So I heard back from my contact at Deer Park finally, it was definitely compensation that was the issue. I guess he was offered a teaching contract for a certain amount and then they came back and said oh by the way we can't give you that. He apparently felt mislead about the teaching situation and wasn't happy. This guy said he saw him there 3 or 4 times a week the last couple weeks and doubted it had to do anything on the coaching end. Did what he see make the decision to walk easier, maybe, but sounds like they didn't hold up their end of deal. Whatever the case they are starting over.

So I heard back from my contact at Deer Park finally, it was definitely compensation that was the issue. I guess he was offered a teaching contract for a certain amount and then they came back and said oh by the way we can't give you that. He apparently felt mislead about the teaching situation and wasn't happy. This guy said he saw him there 3 or 4 times a week the last couple weeks and doubted it had to do anything on the coaching end. Did what he see make the decision to walk easier, maybe, but sounds like they didn't hold up their end of deal. Whatever the case they are starting over.

Whatever the reason, this young man dodged a career ending bullet.

My guess is yes, I mean if he applied at Deer Park, why not Finneytown. He probably has applied at several schools now that he is not coaching anywhere.