CHL baseball

93 red ls

Its that time of the year! I follow the CHL league very well and have since the early 2000's

The past few seasons have been kept in check with the Taylor yellow Jackets running the show!
New coach (former varsity asst HC Helfer is now HC)

Going to be a battle up at the top this year. For the last few years Wyoming/Madeira/IH have been right there with the jackets and some good baseball coming from the league.

Even though I am a Taylor supporter and graduate I have to give the edge this year to Wyoming.
Taylor loses Hughes (2x CHL player of the year) Hannum (playing D1 @ Winthrop and actually has started in the OF as a true freshmen!!) fries (who is playing college ball @ Earlham!) and Riga's arm as well.
So to add it up Hughes was a .450 hitter and 6 game winner on the mound, Riga a 6 game winner and Hannum in the lead off spot who hit .430 w/a .570 OBP. That is A LOT of production at the plate and on the mound they will need to make up for.
I see Conner Sauerwein having a big season on the mound to help fill the void (he ate up alot of innings last year when needed) Seth Keith is another big name who will help on the mount and possibly in the lead off spot for hannum.

Wyoming returns IMO the pre season favorite for POY Thomas Stickney (.481 avg and 5 wins last years)
Also Pagan in the OF and he is only a sophmore (.477 avg , 22SB)

Madeira returns Lee Megois (.444 avg , 28 RBI) and Dylan Thatcher ( 5HR , .330 avg as a freshmen!)
losing Tyler Sullivan will be a big void for the Mustangs.

Indian Hill returns teddy taylor (27 RBI , .388 avg) Luke Hammond (.375avg)
Max Ruschau will be a bog bat to replace in the order.

I could see the top 4 teams in the CHL being anyone of these 4 teams listed above. I give the edge to the Cowboys though!