CHL Baseball 2023

Have been seeing other cincy conferences with threads popping up for the season. What are we thinking for CHL ball this upcoming season?

I do a CHL preview every year. Wont do it until February though. Still active with boys/girls Basketball. I will also do a girls fast pitch.

But just for conversation Indian Hill is the favorite to win the League IMO.

The Junior class for IH is LOADED with baseball talent

Rinala last season was 7-0 on the mound w/1.1 ERA and 43 K's (really was 7-1 he lost to taylor but Carey must have had a brain fart entering stats lol)
He also hit .387 w/ 15 RBI (.507 OBP)
Copfer is another one. 3 wins last year (had 5 loses BUT he ERA is very respectable 1.6)
He hit .363 w/27 RBI

IMO Rinala is the favorite for POY as long as he is stays healthy.

Last edited:
Here are some of my Threads in the past

********2023 CHL Baseball Preview********

Last years results

Reading 11-3
Taylor 10-4
Madeira 10-4
IH 9-5
MM 8-6
Wyoming 5-8
DP 1-12
FT 0-12

COY - Hayes (reading)
POY - Benner (MM)

Key loses for each team

reading
Louie Hess- .429 BA , 18RBI, 17 SB
Casey Hinton - .395 , 7RBI , 19 SB (6-0 on mound w/ 1.556 ERA)

Taylor
Mark Snowden - .404 BA , 31 RBI , 2 HR **did not pitch due to injury**
Johnny Kearns - .330 BA , 8 RBI, 11 SB (7-2 on mound w/ 2.98 ERA)
Will Forbes - .322 BA 18 RBI

Madeira
Dylan Thatcher - .343 BA 17 RBI , 9 SB

IH
Abe Hayes - .296 BA , 17 RBI , 10 SB

mm
Quinn Benner **POY** - .418 BA , 27 RBI , 15 SB , 3 HR (3-1 on the mound)
Mike Napolitano - .442 BA , 18 RBI ,
Max Miller - .413 BA , 26 RBI , 12 SB , 3 HR

Wyoming
Luke Taylor - .387 BA , 17 RBI (3-2 on mound)
Conor Madden - .322 BA , 11 RBI

DP
Dom Wilson - .463 BA , 17 RBI , 1 HR (lead the CHL in AVG)

FT
Leonard Sayles - .308 BA
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Key Returning Players

Reading
Benny Hess - .353 BA , 16 RBI
Charlie Hess - .318 BA , 13 RBI

Taylor
Gage Hall - .350 BA , 19 RBI , 10 SB
Sean Taylor - .311 BA , 21 RBI
Jack Jump (3-2 on the mound)

Madeira
Nick Heisser - .368 BA , 21 RBI
Andre Solano - .321 BA , 12 RBI

IH
Nick Rinala - .387 BA , 15 RBI , 21 SB , 1 HR (7-0 on mound)
Ben Liebel - .371 BA , 11 RBI , 17 SB
John Copfer - .363 BA , 27 RBI , 10 SB (3-5 on mound)
Alex Hansen - .308 BA , 21 RBI (4-1 on mound)

MM
JD Long - .321 BA , 17 RBI (3-2 on mound)

Wyoming
Carson Stevens - .370 BA , 10 RBI
Aiden Melvin - .296 BA , 15 RBI

DP
Jayce Parsons - .386 BA , 20 RBI , 10 SB , 1 HR

FT
N/A

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

IH JR/Senior class is LEGIT at Baseball and are the clear cut favorite's to win the league IMO and honestly may Cruise to a CHL title if they stay healthy! Rinala is the early POY favorite as well IMO.

Reading , Taylor and MM lose ALOT of production and Innings/Wins on the mound.

DP and FT fight for the bottom spot once again

2023 predicitons
COY - carey daniels COY IH
Nick Rinala POY IH

1) IH
2) Madeira
3) Taylor
4) Reading
5) MM
6) Wyoming
7) DP
8) FT

Baseball season is right around the corner!

Last edited:
I am from the Cincinnati area and I will say this...

Indian Hill facilities are second to none. This includes their baseball field. Not sure there is a nicer high school field in Ohio. Obviously, I have not been to every high school field, but their's second to none.

I am from the Cincinnati area and I will say this...

Indian Hill facilities are second to none. This includes their baseball field. Not sure there is a nicer high school field in Ohio. Obviously, I have not been to every high school field, but their's second to none.
I like playing at the Reds Academy. Moeller's new field is really nice and has a gorgeous view along with it.

looking fwd to the chl season. the cowboys had a 6am practice today. as for fields, lots of interesting ones in the chl. mariemont is overlooked. i don't like taylor's RF, makes the field too small. DP is fun and interesting, but needs maintenance. good luck to everyone, keep the arms healthy.

looking fwd to the chl season. the cowboys had a 6am practice today. as for fields, lots of interesting ones in the chl. mariemont is overlooked. i don't like taylor's RF, makes the field too small. DP is fun and interesting, but needs maintenance. good luck to everyone, keep the arms healthy.
I agree with our RF. it shortens the game for sure and gives lefty's/oppo a true advantage! (BIG CF though!)
BUT (again call me biased being a taylor grad) our new park has the nicest offerings since its located in a Township owned facility we have the play ground , full (clean) restrooms and are pet friendly :)

I agree with our RF. it shortens the game for sure and gives lefty's/oppo a true advantage! (BIG CF though!)
BUT (again call me biased being a taylor grad) our new park has the nicest offerings since its located in a Township owned facility we have the play ground , full (clean) restrooms and are pet friendly :)
agree, overall taylor is a terrific space. and taylor has a great baseball heritage. is it me, or is it really windy there?

agree, overall taylor is a terrific space. and taylor has a great baseball heritage. is it me, or is it really windy there?
HAHA it is ALWAYS windy there. Being right next to the river and in the little valley between Harrison and Btown.

Good for hitters on the HS field as its usually always blowing out.
Bad for the little guys (11u-14U) on the field next to the HS field b/c its typically always blowing in

not alot of talk in Baseball thread!

I am surprised the IH faithful arent backing this year/team up. ON PAPER this is team blows the 06-07 team out of the water that won the CHL.

Indian Hill at Reading Monday. IH wins it's all over. Reading win's it's to IH on Wednesday. I think it's going to be really hard for Reading to win both.

Indian Hill at Reading Monday. IH wins it's all over. Reading win's it's to IH on Wednesday. I think it's going to be really hard for Reading to win both.