CHL 2019-2020

The hate is REAL for DP. You just got some people on this site that hates everything about DP. Let me ask this question. Don't the league agree to push the basketball season back because Wyoming is always in the football playoffs. So you're telling me that their entire team plays football and they don't have enough people to start the season. Give me a break. If that's the case shouldn't they start the basketball season off like everyone else or should they get a break because one of there best players just happens to be a star football player? Its called PRIVILEGED.. From the outside looking in Wyoming thinks they run the league and they have for years. Is it because there AD is also the Vice President of OHSAA. Shouldn't that be a conflict of interest? What do yall think?
I really believe this is not a privilege problem in Wyoming scenarios. Deer park I do believe. The reasoning behind Wyoming is that it affects there whole program with numbers for football, in this situation it's deer park trying to adjust rules again in there favor

Austing is a good player. He's a sophomore shooting 55% and scoring 15 PPG. His 38% three point shooting is good too. He has dropped off a little since the first ten games of the season, but maybe that's expected for a sophomore.

He's not nearly the best player in the league, but Megowen is a good. He's not as efficient as some others, but any team will take a guy scoring 15 PPG at 46% shooting. He's also a good rebounder and passer.

In my opinion, Walker, Gentry, Prater and Holloway are the best players in the league, and then there's a drop off after those 4.

Sure Megowen takes a lot of Mariemont's shots - he's their best player and Mariemont plays so many guys there's not really a second guy to take 10 shots per game. Not sure I would put Thorton in the top tier of players in the CHL (or even above Megowen really). He's taking more shots per game than Megowen and makes a lower percentage of them. He's also not the rebounder or passer that Megowen is. Wachs is a better player for IH than Thorton in my opinion.

I’ve seen it all tonight. Wyoming AD on the floor floor yelling at referees when prater gets hurt. The referees in this game should never have another game. Wyoming is definitely the better team and has gotten every call in the game. Taylor shouldn’t have even bothered to come. She then has the nerve to come on the floor to act like she is checking on a player and then addresses the ref!! That is not right. Maybe you guys are right. I’m with 2 Wyoming fans and they are even shocked.

Another note from the game. Wyoming students booing Taylor cheerleaders. Not a good look. Somehow their AD didn’t address that with the students

I’ve seen it all tonight. Wyoming AD on the floor floor yelling at referees when prater gets hurt. The referees in this game should never have another game. Wyoming is definitely the better team and has gotten every call in the game. Taylor shouldn’t have even bothered to come. She then has the nerve to come on the floor to act like she is checking on a player and then addresses the ref!! That is not right. Maybe you guys are right. I’m with 2 Wyoming fans and they are even shocked.
Sorry a little confused by your post. Were the refs bad or was the AD over reacting? Was the Prater injury significant?

Referees were just awful but that has become pretty common in this league. AD way over reacted. Prater hit his head on the floor. It seemed like he will be ok. One thing for sure I have leaves watching this league is that Wyoming gets the calls. They have a really good team team. The transfer has really helped them in my opinion. He is a nice player.

We're you right there when she went to check on Prater? Did you hear what she said, because i did. I was right on the baseline 5 feet from where he hit the ground. She absolutely did not yell at the refs and you obviously did not hear what she said. I'll leave it at that and you should retract and apologize, because what you put out there is absolutely not true.

Or McGowans Dad..or sister lol...I can name a box full of better players...Praeter, Walker,Lopez, Wachs, Holloway, Thornton, Gentry, Munson...McGowan is a nice player...had 18 the other night on 18 shots..not that efficient...Walker takes 18 shots he gets you 30....not that impressed with Austing..his scoring fell off when teams started guarding him but he is young...
Am I the only one that thinks Clay belongs on this list? He leads the league in rebounding by a mile, he's been double-digits in scoring every game but two, and he's had his biggest games against the best opposition: 21 and 17 with 5 blocks at DP, 19 and 9 and then 19 and 14 in the Wyoming games.

Am I the only one that thinks Clay belongs on this list? He leads the league in rebounding by a mile, he's been double-digits in scoring every game but two, and he's had his biggest games against the best opposition: 21 and 17 with 5 blocks at DP, 19 and 9 and then 19 and 14 in the Wyoming games.
he's a monster.

Without speculating too much... I don't think it was 100% on his own accord. I believe there was some politics involved with nuance in how educators are able to capitalize on pension eligibility while also being 'rehired'. He very quickly was back on the sideline in AZ (albeit closer to his kids). So I'll just leave it there :)

I'll say that most in the community held him in high regard and regardless of who the replacement was, it was going to be challenging to fill those shoes.

Well, from what I was told Reynolds was basically pushed. Politics ensued...politics (I.e. current AD and Current Coach, etc) won. True, Reynolds was very well respected, however in order to fill his shoes an interview process should have occurred. Anyone could fill those shoes better than what is there now. And just saw Madiera lost to Reading Friday night. That alone should be grounds for replacement. Man Madiera parents...come on. Grow a pair and complain. You are nothing like Mariemont parents. Lol.

Well, from what I was told Reynolds was basically pushed. Politics ensued...politics (I.e. current AD and Current Coach, etc) won. True, Reynolds was very well respected, however in order to fill his shoes an interview process should have occurred. Anyone could fill those shoes better than what is there now. And just saw Madiera lost to Reading Friday night. That alone should be grounds for replacement. Man Madiera parents...come on. Grow a pair and complain. You are nothing like Mariemont parents. Lol.

Whoever "pushed" Reynolds out (if true) is now getting what they deserve. Jim Reynolds was one hell of a coach!

I really believe this is not a privilege problem in Wyoming scenarios. Deer park I do believe. The reasoning behind Wyoming is that it affects there whole program with numbers for football, in this situation it's deer park trying to adjust rules again in there favor
Adjust the rules... Didn't they play at Taylor the week before and didn't the school shut down due to mass kids and teachers sick. So what your saying is that none of the kids were affected by the epidemic that took place at Taylor. Let's make some sense. Again if I knew some kids were sick with flu-like symptoms I know I wouldn't want them to come to my school and infect my kids. What's more important here playing a game or kid's safety. Adjust the rules, are we talking about the league that pushes back basketball every year because of another team is in the football playoffs. That's not a rule that you have to do that. That's something the other teams adjust for them since there making a state-run. That's what you call ADJUST!!!!

Congratulations to Mariemont on taking DP to the wire. They have really improved from the beginning of the season
Congratulations on taking a team with two key contributors starters out the line-up to the wire. Shouldn't we be saying congratulation DP Elite for beating a good team with two starters not playing? This is the problem with people everybody shouldn't get a trophy for participating on a team. Wonder why these kids are so soft nowadays. What you should have said was congrats on taking a team with two starters missing to the wire and loosing.

Adjust the rules... Didn't they play at Taylor the week before and didn't the school shut down due to mass kids and teachers sick. So what your saying is that none of the kids were affected by the epidemic that took place at Taylor. Let's make some sense. Again if I knew some kids were sick with flu-like symptoms I know I wouldn't want them to come to my school and infect my kids. What's more important here playing a game or kid's safety. Adjust the rules, are we talking about the league that pushes back basketball every year because of another team is in the football playoffs. That's not a rule that you have to do that. That's something the other teams adjust for them since there making a state-run. That's what you call ADJUST!!!!

But isn't it amazing that Taylor was still able to play against Madeira that same night??

Congratulations on taking a team with two key contributors starters out the line-up to the wire. Shouldn't we be saying congratulation DP Elite for beating a good team with two starters not playing? This is the problem with people everybody shouldn't get a trophy for participating on a team. Wonder why these kids are so soft nowadays. What you should have said was congrats on taking a team with two starters missing to the wire and loosing.

Congratulations to Deer Park for recruiting players from Greater Cincinnati to beat the 9 - 11 Mariemont Warriors who have been missing arguably their best player from last season.

Its humorous that you actually believe that we think you are really a Reading fan and not a Mariemont student.
Really??? How immature. All CHL baseball 2011

Don't forget that their AAU team branched out more this year, got one from Springfield, Ohio as well.
I think I'm going to have to do an investigation on why and how do all these kids keep wanting to play for such a bad coach. And does he really coach AAU and get kids from off his team to come to play for his school team. If so why aren't other coaches doing that? Is that legal. Can anyone tell me what team he coaches for in AAU because I'm looking and can't find his name under any AAU program staff?

I think I'm going to have to do an investigation on why and how do all these kids keep wanting to play for such a bad coach. And does he really coach AAU and get kids from off his team to come to play for his school team. If so why aren't other coaches doing that? Is that legal. Can anyone tell me what team he coaches for in AAU because I'm looking and can't find his name under any AAU program staff?
I think you’re missing the point. I believe he’s saying that Deer Park treats their public school team like an AAU team because they are pulling kids from other schools and teams. Whether Gentry is a good coach or not, coaches aren’t allowed to go to other schools and recruit their players. No, Deer Park is not the only team doing this, but they have basically built all of their success off non-Deer Park kids ( including their state title). It’s not a coincidence that all of these kids have shown up at Deer Park since Gentry has started.

I think you’re missing the point. I believe he’s saying that Deer Park treats their public school team like an AAU team because they are pulling kids from other schools and teams. Whether Gentry is a good coach or not, coaches aren’t allowed to go to other schools and recruit their players. No, Deer Park is not the only team doing this, but they have basically built all of their success off non-Deer Park kids ( including their state title). It’s not a coincidence that all of these kids have shown up at Deer Park since Gentry has started.
Been following these threads for going on 3 years now everyone keeps mentioning let the true deer park kids play and this and that well back when mark wise was a freshman and Jalen rose was a junior I believe I actually went to the tournament game out at western brown and they dressed 7 kids so don’t keep saying let the deer park kids play because they weren’t there then. So the following year yes kids just appeared there do I like it no and I went to dp in the 90’s the argument is old. No one had a problem beating up on that team that year the following year some of those kids got better an assortment of others came in and all the sudden they r cheating winning changes everything. I have no dog in this fight but the argument again is old and tired wish a lot of u were around when CAPE was in the league

Been following these threads for going on 3 years now everyone keeps mentioning let the true deer park kids play and this and that well back when mark wise was a freshman and Jalen rose was a junior I believe I actually went to the tournament game out at western brown and they dressed 7 kids so don’t keep saying let the deer park kids play because they weren’t there then. So the following year yes kids just appeared there do I like it no and I went to dp in the 90’s the argument is old. No one had a problem beating up on that team that year the following year some of those kids got better an assortment of others came in and all the sudden they r cheating winning changes everything. I have no dog in this fight but the argument again is old and tired wish a lot of u were around when CAPE was in the league
There is no comparison between CAPE and what Deer Park basketball is doing now.

I get your point. For awhile Deer Park was struggling to even put together a whole team. Deer Park kids weren't exactly rushing to be on the basketball team. But imagine you or your child is a player in Deer Park who doesn't get to play because the new coach went out and recruited players from other schools. I'm all for competition and every player should have to earn their playing time, but in my opinion, that's not right. Even if the argument is tired and old, I think it's a legitimate argument.

Back in 2007-08 Deer Park had a great team and won a CHL title with guys like Harrison, Rascona, Carey, etc. To my knowledge, no one was complaining.

Has anyone heard anything about Deer Park vs Wyoming, or is that not happening? I read at one point on Deer Park's Twitter account that a reschedule was coming.

I get your point. For awhile Deer Park was struggling to even put together a whole team. Deer Park kids weren't exactly rushing to be on the basketball team. But imagine you or your child is a player in Deer Park who doesn't get to play because the new coach went out and recruited players from other schools. I'm all for competition and every player should have to earn their playing time, but in my opinion, that's not right. Even if the argument is tired and old, I think it's a legitimate argument.

Back in 2007-08 Deer Park had a great team and won a CHL title with guys like Harrison, Rascona, Carey, etc. To my knowledge, no one was complaining.

Deer Park has junior high teams. But they cannot field freshman teams. I wonder why? They know in the current format that they will never play varsity.

Wyoming-Deer Park is a no contest. Just wont be played.