Chip Kelly to the Philadelphia Eagles

uh oh --da Ducks are bout to get hammered by big brother NCAA ---- Chipper flew the coop ala Petey @USC

He'll try to do what New England does and run as many plays as possible, but what people don't realize is that the Pats are a rare team that pretty much plays everyone at some point during the game, whereas most teams can't afford to do that.

I know New England set a record this year for most first downs in a season, which likely means that they were at least nearing a record number of plays run, if they didn't break it. Chip will probably try to do something like that, and he'll quickly learn that Philly doesn't have the personnel.

He'll try to do what New England does and run as many plays as possible, but what people don't realize is that the Pats are a rare team that pretty much plays everyone at some point during the game, whereas most teams can't afford to do that.

I know New England set a record this year for most first downs in a season, which likely means that they were at least nearing a record number of plays run, if they didn't break it. Chip will probably try to do something like that, and he'll quickly learn that Philly doesn't have the personnel.

They don't try to run as many plays as possible, they try to run all their plays as quickly as possible. Obviously that will result in running more plays. But they set or approached records in most team offensive categories. They run a relatively simple offense, where there are usually five players running predetermined routes depending on what position of the field they are on i.e. far outside left, far outside, right, middle, and the two positions inbetween. If that makes sense. One of the reasons that they are so effective is because all their offensive players can line up in any of those spots, and the route is determined by that spot rather than who the player is. That's why you see things like Aaron Hernandez in the backfield and Shane Vereen out wide.

They do these things so quickly because they have short terminology that lets Brady easiliy communicate to everyone else where to be, and it's basically on him to read the defense and check down into a run if necessary.

I don't know what exact offense Chip Kelly will run in Philadelphia or even what personnel (QB specifically) he will attempt to run it with. I do know that the Eagles did not hire him and give him some influence over personnel decision because his offense scored a bunch of points at Oregon. The hired him because he is a football genius capable of building a successful program. To say "that offense won't work in the NFL" is again like saying ":banana: :banana: " so Chip sux

I just read that I said "simple offense." That's not what I meant really, I just meant the concept isn't super complicated. New England's offense is far from simple. But what makes it so effective is simple, easy communication at the line (hence faster play calls).

No probably not. Too much money.

If I was the Eagles, I would definitely restructure his contract. Somewhere I read he was not willing to take a pay cut. The nerve of that guy. I'd tell Vick, you either take half of what we agreed or you can go else where and try to get half that much.