China: Competitor or Adversary šŸ¤” ??

Rather rich that Biden is pointing out Chinese state subsidies for EVā€™s when we ourselves are engaging in that with our own industrial at some level.

Perhaps our automakers should focus on making a better quality EV at a lower price to compete. Outside of Tesla our EVā€™s tend to be junk.

China is our biggest threat. It is becoming more obvious on a daily basis.

China is our biggest threat and itā€™s been clear for awhile now. I hate to say that because I love Chinese culture and philosophy but it is what it is.

No one is also benefitting more from the Ukraine war than China. Getting a birds eye view on how western equipment works while the west depletes its stocks.

I mean at one time some of the NATO countries may have been able to help Taiwan. Now theyā€™ve depleted their stocks to the point they are unable to offer assistance.

China is our biggest threat and itā€™s been clear for awhile now. I hate to say that because I love Chinese culture and philosophy but it is what it is.

No one is also benefitting more from the Ukraine war than China. Getting a birds eye view on how western equipment works while the west depletes its stocks.

I mean at one time some of the NATO countries may have been able to help Taiwan. Now theyā€™ve depleted their stocks to the point they are unable to offer assistance.
Very insightful. The Chinese culture if anything is one of patience. An example of their long game is their ever expanding diplomatic presence around the world.

Very insightful. The Chinese culture if anything is one of patience. An example of their long game is their ever expanding diplomatic presence around the world.

Christianity is nothing more than a pin outside of the Philippines. This means these countries have different values than we do. A priority on patience and familial piety stand in contrast to our impatience and increasing disregard for family structures.

We could stand to learn much from our eastern neighbors.

It's been painfully obvious to most of us since Trump called them out, bob.

https%3A%2F%2Fsubstack-post-media.s3.amazonaws.com%2Fpublic%2Fimages%2F7a020ec5-0942-4fac-bd9c-cd93147c603e_1200x800.jpeg

It doesnā€™t read like there was anything concrete agreed to here. Just the typical broad statement you get at the end of these ministerial level meetings.

Japanā€™s involvement in any future defense of Taiwan will be interesting. The current Japanese government might be down for it but the citizens are not. The last polling done in Japan showed that only eleven percent of the Japanese citizens were willing to fight for Taiwan. Only fifty six percent were even willing to provide limited logistical support for us to support Taiwan.

Pacifism dies hard.

Crooked China Joe paying the dividends to Chairman Xi for those off-shore deposits that Hunter secured. Chairman Xi's stock in Biden Inc looks a bigger winner than the Pelosis' NVidia

God damn the Democrat party

Last edited:
Yeah Putin threatens us with nukes and Chinese steal stuff (I am sure we don't) as do the russians.. Most people will survive the latter but not the former.

Europeans hate competition want to regulate everything and protectionism is the Euro way.
Pat Buchanan taught me 30 some years ago that you cannot compete with Chi-Com slave labor. You could exploit them, ā€œjustifiedā€ with myopic simple free market blather that doesnā€™t apply globally, but you canā€™t undercut them. You donā€™t know this ?

Pat Buchanan taught me 30 some years ago that you cannot compete with Chi-Com slave labor. You could exploit them, ā€œjustifiedā€ with myopic simple free market blather that doesnā€™t apply globally, but you canā€™t undercut them. You donā€™t know this ?
30 years ago, people were scared of Japanese cars and electronics flooding the USA, how did that turnout. I know you need protectionism to be able to find a job some of us don't.
The median salary in China is 26,800 Yuan (USD 3,855) per month: https://www.timedoctor.com/blog/average-salary-in-china/

As usual; you have no clue what you are talking about.

So you donā€™t find communist Chinaā€™s nukes threatening ? Or are you just hung up on what is said out loud in the media this week ?
Reading comprehension is not your forte but than again I doubt you have a strong point other than being a trump suck up. Is China a threat yes but putin is a bigger threat again one is threatening the USA with nukes the other with stealing info.

30 years ago, people were scared of Japanese cars and electronics flooding the USA, how did that turnout. I know you need protectionism to be able to find a job some of us don't.
The median salary in China is 26,800 Yuan (USD 3,855) per month: https://www.timedoctor.com/blog/average-salary-in-china/

As usual; you have no clue what you are talking about.
Competition with Japan is not analogous with China. Free trade with Japan and Europe and Scandinavia, thatā€™s fantastic, it keeps everybody honest competitively to a great extent and it makes everything better via a competition on a level playing field. That was Buchananā€™s point 30 years ago and itā€™s just as true today

And if I wanted a job, Iā€™d be working tomorrow. Iā€™ve done my time.

If you donā€™t see China is different youā€™re hopeless. Thatā€™s the whole point

Last edited:
Competition with Japan is not analogous with China. Free trade with Japan and Europe and Scandinavia, thatā€™s fantastic, it keeps everybody honest competitively to a great extent and it makes everything better via a competition on a level playing field. That was Buchananā€™s point 30 years ago and itā€™s just as true today

And if I wanted a job, Iā€™d be working tomorrow. Iā€™ve done my time.

If you donā€™t see China is different youā€™re hopeless. Thatā€™s the whole point
30 - 40 years ago protectionist were saying the same thing about cheap Japanese exports. Americans are not going to buy a car just because it is cheaper, it also has to be well built. Competition is great, protectionism is not.

30 - 40 years ago protectionist were saying the same thing about cheap Japanese exports. Americans are not going to buy a car just because it is cheaper, it also has to be well built. Competition is great, protectionism is not.
Cool story, but correlation of a common complaint is merely an observation, Sparky. To think or suggest that the same moan represents the same trade dynamic is beyond buffoonery.

Yet here we are. With you posting as a simpleton, stringing basic platitudes together. Again, cool story, I guess.

Personally, I think you should choose your battles more wisely, but keep coming at me šŸ˜˜

Last edited:

Special advisors for training.

Thoughts?
It is nice to have special training exercises with our fine Taiwanese friends, and many of our troops should have the opportunity to train with them. And become familiar with the environment there.

If the idiots in the Biden Administration had started doing this in Ukraine when Putin was at 35% of ā€œSpecial Military Operationā€ strength, and dumb Joe had not promised Putin on the news that he would never send American boys in there to fight, we sure would have a lot more ordinance available now to sling at China if we have to, amirite?! Less debt.

It is nice to have special training exercises with our fine Taiwanese friends, and many of our troops should have the opportunity to train with them. And become familiar with the environment there.

If the idiots in the Biden Administration had started doing this in Ukraine when Putin was at 35% of ā€œSpecial Military Operationā€ strength, and dumb Joe had not promised Putin on the news that he would never send American boys in there to fight, we sure would have a lot more ordinance available now to sling at China if we have to, amirite?! Less debt.
Triangulation by Xi? Ukraine, Mid East, and Taiwan.

Triangulation by Xi? Ukraine, Mid East, and Taiwan.
By XI!! lol Only if FJB is actually taking direct orders from the CPC.

The idiotic decisions of the Biden-istas in DC made both Ukraine and Iran-on-Israel happen. He invited Vlad to invade Ukraine, and he and Obama financed Iran/Hamas/Houthis Just because Xi can sit back and see the results of Joe's "decisions" coming down the road doesn't grant him control.