Central Buckeye Conference (CBC) 2024

Rick Meeks has backed out of the Bellefontaine Principals job prior to signing a contract. He had verbally accepted only.

Rick Meeks has backed out of the Bellefontaine Principals job prior to signing a contract. He had verbally accepted only.
Wow ... wonder what happened there? Maybe Shawnee matched an Admin job that kept him there. Heard that is what happened at London with Cutler a few years ago. Best of luck to him and Bellefontaine.

Wow ... wonder what happened there? Maybe Shawnee matched an Admin job that kept him there. Heard that is what happened at London with Cutler a few years ago. Best of luck to him and Bellefontaine.
Or the ole ball and chain didn't want him to be on the road that much. Who knows. LOL!

I will take it no one has any info on the Tecumseh job? Did anyone even apply? lol. Any other news going on around the CBC? Football is not to far away!
:ROFLMAO:

It will be interesting to see who they hire, maybe a former player. I would have to believe the district has someone inked but just working out the details.

Roberts applied for the Bellefontaine HC job when open along with Carleton Cotner of Urbana. Not sure if Cotner applied at Tecumseh.
I wasn't trying to throw people out or under the bus, I actually know who the final 2 were for the Tecumseh job were. I was not referring to Bellefontaine which has no connection to Tecumseh. Sorry for any misunderstandings.

I wasn't trying to throw people out or under the bus, I actually know who the final 2 were for the Tecumseh job were. I was not referring to Bellefontaine which has no connection to Tecumseh. Sorry for any misunderstandings.
Not sure what you’re saying. You said “a Roberts guy from JA possibly, not sure”.

I’m telling you that the Roberts dude applied for the Bellefontaine job so it wouldnt be surprising that he applied to Tecumseh as well.

The applicants are public record so there’s no such thing as “putting them out there”. They do that when they apply.

Last edited:
Not sure what you’re saying. You said “a Roberts guy from JA possibly, not sure”.

I’m telling you that the Roberts dude applied for the Bellefontaine job so it would let be surprising that he applied to Tecumseh as well.

The applicants are public record so there’s no such thing as “putting them out there”. They do that when they apply.
Yes, they may be public record (although I am not sure how one would get the list of who applied and never got an interview out of it but you are smarter than I on this, and many, subjects). I like and respect you on here, much better than ...........but you seem like a good chap.

Buuut.......just because you can, doesnt mean you should.....

I always liked honoring whatever privacy I could when I was afforded the opp to know who has applied.
Still remember sitting in Coach Boeckman's basement (St Henry) when he and their coaches were going through all the applications to replace him back in the day. He was very adamant to keep the names to ourselves and since then I always decided I would never be the one

but I digress......

Tecumseh will be a tough ask that is for sure.....maybe a young pup wanting to cut his teeth with a job!

Yes, they may be public record (although I am not sure how one would get the list of who applied and never got an interview out of it but you are smarter than I on this, and many, subjects). I like and respect you on here, much better than ...........but you seem like a good chap.

Buuut.......just because you can, doesnt mean you should.....

I always liked honoring whatever privacy I could when I was afforded the opp to know who has applied.
Still remember sitting in Coach Boeckman's basement (St Henry) when he and their coaches were going through all the applications to replace him back in the day. He was very adamant to keep the names to ourselves and since then I always decided I would never be the one

but I digress......

Tecumseh will be a tough ask that is for sure.....maybe a young pup wanting to cut his teeth with a job!
Tecumseh would be smart to look for someone from the Tipp City or Troy staff. seem to be a model for consistency and have a good track record.

Not sure anyone from those places would want Tecumseh job. Program has been abandoned in bad shape. Total Rebuild from ground up.
I have thought the same. Then I wonder how many of those guys just want a HC job? Taking Tecumseh HC job and turning it around would be a huge mark on a resume.
I think everyone around the CBC realizes Tecumseh is in the dumpster right now and it will take a lot of thick-skinned coaches and patience on the community to get the Arrows back to where they were.

Haven't heard any talk of 2024 Seniors going on to play college football. Curious as to what league guys are pursuing.

Bellefontaine has a big group

WR: Riley Neer - Ohio University
OL: Jack Varner - Wittenberg
WR: CJ Wilson - Ashland
RB: Chris Fogan - Ohio Dominican
DL: Haiden Manns - Duquesne
LB: Harper Scott - Marietta

I have thought the same. Then I wonder how many of those guys just want a HC job? Taking Tecumseh HC job and turning it around would be a huge mark on a resume.
I think everyone around the CBC realizes Tecumseh is in the dumpster right now and it will take a lot of thick-skinned coaches and patience on the community to get the Arrows back to where they were.
it will certainly take patience in the community. Tecumseh has things that may turn a coach away (such as high enrollment numbers when a number of those are seasonal and don’t play sports). however, they typically have tough kids and play in a division where anybody can win it any given year.

People who have applied are not public record. A public record request does not include this.
You're wrong.

I could link to you the dozens of times that newspapers have run a list of applicants, but you have google too. It used to be pretty common practice. It happens less as papers are dying everywhere.

I agree with thavoice and I have and will use discretion with 99% of what I know.

I would never apply for a job without being comfortable with the knowledge of that being public.

Keeping the list of applicants public is actually an important transparency tool to ensure that our school leaders are properly handling openings. If Coach Boeckmans existed at every school in Ohio, we wouldn't have to worry about that, but alas, they don't .

What is the word on KR and Graham? KR seems to play worse than the talent they have suggest, Graham looked young in this past years scrimmage against Burg but had a few good athletes

You're wrong.

I could link to you the dozens of times that newspapers have run a list of applicants, but you have google too. It used to be pretty common practice. It happens less as papers are dying everywhere.

I agree with thavoice and I have and will use discretion with 99% of what I know.

I would never apply for a job without being comfortable with the knowledge of that being public.

Keeping the list of applicants public is actually an important transparency tool to ensure that our school leaders are properly handling openings. If Coach Boeckmans existed at every school in Ohio, we wouldn't have to worry about that, but alas, they don't .
I agree I have also seen several newspapers list applicants when its narrowed down to a select few or at least 5. I have never read an article about a job listing with all 62 applicants for a coaching job. If they do or you find a google link with a list that long please forward it to me. I as well know the process.

You're wrong.

I have searched for applicants for many openings, and I could not find please link...so stating the other poster being wrong is a bit harsh.

As far as thaVoice and his discretion, I am on board with that but yours...you seem to be a bit a laxed considering the Meeks post. Just say'n. If you are posting as a member so be it but if you are posting as a coach with insight then maybe that is not where you need to be...Again, just say'n and you don't care what I say...as you have stated.

What is the word on KR and Graham? KR seems to play worse than the talent they have suggest, Graham looked young in this past years scrimmage against Burg but had a few good athletes
I will say that KR is a mystery. They seem to have a solid core moving up from middle school but history dictates they fail in HS. There is a wealth of talent in that district but transfering into HS has yet to come to fruition...even under Maratta. Graham is a wrestling school and I think there is no argument but when they were at their best, those wrestling kids played football. Yes, Graham was young but with their current coach that went through this with Greenon, as an assistant, that squad is looking good.

Meeks was announced as the new Principal in an all district email and had begun the beginning stages of working with the football staff. Nowhere close to “inside info”