CBC 2019. Who you got?

Alder gets it going in the 2nd half and advances to play Jackson. i’m looking for this game to be played at Miami Trace High School. thoughts?

Alder 35 Sheridan 13

Another 2nd half surge after trailing 7-13 at half. Pretty much this teams M.O. all year long. Sheridan had Alder on there heels in the first half. Alder D struggled in getting stops and putting pressure on Sheridan early on, but to there credit they stiffened up in the 2nd Half, generating some turnovers and shutting Sheridan offense down. Proxmire was pretty much kept in check most of the game. Saw Jackson put up 70pts on Centennial. Hoping they get to play at Teays Valley but could see Miami Trace as previously mentioned. Last time these two played it was in Logan. Alder won 28-7.

Watch out for Sheridan next year, they had a lot of very good juniors. #5 is probably a D1 LB IMO. Heard Michigan State & UC were interested and he played like a D1 player against Alder. Good looking player.

Hartley 14 London 8

Sounds like Hartley pretty much controlled the game but London kept it close as I expected

Last edited:
What’s the word on alders opponent this week Jackson? It says that they hung 70 on centennial which tells me that alder can’t afford to start slow like they did Friday but that’s about it.

What’s the word on alders opponent this week Jackson? It says that they hung 70 on centennial which tells me that alder can’t afford to start slow like they did Friday but that’s about it.

Jackson scored five TD’s off turnovers and very short fields. Remember, Centennial only had 23 players.

Jackson scored five TD’s off turnovers and very short fields. Remember, Centennial only had 23 players.
Holy hell I didn’t know that they only had 23 players. I’m hoping for a matchup between Hartley and alder for R11 I think alder could be the 2017 tri valley team where everyone downplays them and they end up shocking the state.

I would probably compare these guys to London on Offense. They run more I formation and 2 back sets. The o-line looks pretty athletic. The QB is a better runner/thrower than Gardner IMO. There #1 running back looks really good, runs hard and has break away speed. The have a couple of other guys that can run the ball as well but #5 is the man. They don't play a ton of guys both ways from what I can tell which is kind of surprising at this level. There defense isn't at London's level but still pretty solid overall, strength is in there secondary IMO. It's hard to get a gauge on how stout they are as a group, they score a lot of points and there defense has kept most of there opponents in check but there schedule has been average at best. Centennial made some plays in the passing/running game but you could tell by the 2nd Qtr they were gassed when it was 14-14. I thought they waved the white flag early on in the 2nd half. Centennial was the weakest team in region but to Jackson's credit they dismantled them and kept there foot on the gas the entire game. I know it was over 8 years ago, but you got to think there is some motivation to win the rematch. Kind of ironic its in the 2nd round again and both teams are undefeated again.

Last edited:
Does anyone see Urbana ever getting back to they’re 80’s days? I remember the Rogan days and would just sit there in disbelief of the things they could do on the field lol They were some bad dudes. Have the rogans had any kids come through that were stars like there fathers?

Does anyone see Urbana ever getting back to they’re 80’s days? I remember the Rogan days and would just sit there in disbelief of the things they could do on the field lol They were some bad dudes. Have the rogans had any kids come through that were stars like there fathers?
if i’m right they’ve had some solid players in the last couple years named Rogan, but not absolute studs. Urbana is not a growing town anymore.

if i’m right they’ve had some solid players in the last couple years named Rogan, but not absolute studs. Urbana is not a growing town anymore.
Did you ever get to witness any of the Rogan brothers play? If so would you agree with me that they’re probably the most feared kids to ever step on a field in Ohio?

Did you ever get to witness any of the Rogan brothers play? If so would you agree with me that they’re probably the most feared kids to ever step on a field in Ohio?
i did not get to see any of them back in the day (only lived here since the 90’s) but i’ve heard Urbana used to have some absolute DUDES!

Didnt see much at the JH level either, but they did have a very good kicker!

They could turn things around easier in the Mad River than the Kenton Trace, but they are pretty buried in a pretty good hole.

Alder looks to be well, well on their way to their third consecutive all-sports trophy.

They could turn things around easier in the Mad River than the Kenton Trace, but they are pretty buried in a pretty good hole.

Alder looks to be well, well on their way to their third consecutive all-sports trophy.
Hows the basketball team looking with the coach being fired last year?