Cauliflower ear

Two of my three sons had cauliflower ear, and we've tried several treatments and providers. Most effective was by Dr. Seth Isaacs, and ENT doc here in Cincinnati. He drained the ear and stitched in a temporary bolster on both sides of the ear. This provided pressure to keep the skin connected to the ear tissue, reducing the opportunity for fluid buildup.

My son has had his drained and bolstered twice. He now wears his head gear during warm ups. Doesn't look too bad but you can tell he's a wrestler.

In the good old days, people sometimes got cauliflower ear, but now it seems that a lot of wrestlers at the college and international level, and coaches, have it to a pretty extreme level. I may be wrong but my guess is that some feel like it's a badge of honor or something.

In the good old days, people sometimes got cauliflower ear, but now it seems that a lot of wrestlers at the college and international level, and coaches, have it to a pretty extreme level. I may be wrong but my guess is that some feel like it's a badge of honor or something.
..... yeah i agree ..thats crazy they look like aliens or martens or something...my theory is bad coaching.. teaching head in the v and ear to ear tie -ups,,,,look at the old maple hts wrestlersfrom 60s and 70s ...no cauli ears....