Carroll 73 - Xenia 25

Carroll could have named the score in this one. Coach Berry began subbing about 2 minutes in and played the bottom of the bench the last quarter and half. It could be a very long season for the Lady Bucs. Anyone know where Kelsey Schulz was for Xenia? I am assuming that she is no longer with the team based on the program cover?

Question for anyone who attended this game...

Was there an ad for a liquor store on the back of the game program?

Carroll v Xenia

Xenia is not a good team YET. When Xenia hired Coach Greene there were a few experienced players left from the successful teams that preceeded this one. When Coach Greene was hired he told the players and parents how he is going to run his program. Like many parents, they decided they didn't like Coach Greene and took their daughters and went home. Like many good coaches, Coach Greene did not cry about how those parents felt, he took those players he was given and is starting to develop his team. I know how parents run alot of teams because coaches are afraid to lose their daughters. Coach Greene is a very good basketball coach and if those young ladies do what he tells them, they will be winners in the near future. As for the parent who didn't like seeing a liquor store being a booster on the back of the program, you should have become a booster instead of a basher.

Xenia is not a good team YET. When Xenia hired Coach Greene there were a few experienced players left from the successful teams that preceeded this one. When Coach Greene was hired he told the players and parents how he is going to run his program. Like many parents, they decided they didn't like Coach Greene and took their daughters and went home. Like many good coaches, Coach Greene did not cry about how those parents felt, he took those players he was given and is starting to develop his team. I know how parents run alot of teams because coaches are afraid to lose their daughters. Coach Greene is a very good basketball coach and if those young ladies do what he tells them, they will be winners in the near future. As for the parent who didn't like seeing a liquor store being a booster on the back of the program, you should have become a booster instead of a basher.

EDIT: You know what... forget what I just said... anything you do or say can and will be used against you in a court of law.

Last edited:
Carroll v Xenia

EDIT: You know what... forget what I just said... anything you do or say can and will be used against you in a court of law.

I was not at the game and no I didn't see the back of the program. I should have written that part of the statement like this, if there was an ad from a liquor store they paid for that ad being a booster. If that ad was offensive or bad in your eyes you should by an ad to replace that one and become a booster instead of a basher. The other part of the statement is clear about taking your daughter and going home because you don't like the new coach. That's a life lesson that seems to be fashionable. When the going gets tough quit. I wouldn't teach my children lessons like that. Nor am I going to bash a team and new coach who are down do to inexperienced players. I saw them at the Mason scrimmage. They are young but like I said Coach Greene will get them together soon. If I said something that hit a nerve good, learn from it, it's never to late.

I was not at the game and no I didn't see the back of the program. I should have written that part of the statement like this, if there was an ad from a liquor store they paid for that ad being a booster. If that ad was offensive or bad in your eyes you should by an ad to replace that one and become a booster instead of a basher. The other part of the statement is clear about taking your daughter and going home because you don't like the new coach. That's a life lesson that seems to be fashionable. When the going gets tough quit. I wouldn't teach my children lessons like that. Nor am I going to bash a team and new coach who are down do to inexperienced players. I saw them at the Mason scrimmage. They are young but like I said Coach Greene will get them together soon. If I said something that hit a nerve good, learn from it, it's never to late.

If you are defending a liquor ad on a high school sports program then I don't know what to say. The OHSAA doesn't look too kindly on that kind of thing.

Greene is the least of Xenia's problems.

There are other reasons for athletes to change schools other than athletic reasons.

Be careful.

Does Xenia Liquor only sell liquor????? It sounds like an add for a corner store that many people probably frequent. I am sure that speedway and other stores of that nature have sponsored school related items and they sell BEER and Cigarettes!!!!

Does Xenia Liquor only sell liquor????? It sounds like an add for a corner store that many people probably frequent. I am sure that speedway and other stores of that nature have sponsored school related items and they sell BEER and Cigarettes!!!!

That's actually a good point, I hadn't thought of. Honestly, I don't know the answer to your question.

But still, I just think it's a bad look, and I know quite a few people that didn't like it much at all.

Caroll v Xenia

If you are defending a liquor ad on a high school sports program then I don't know what to say. The OHSAA doesn't look too kindly on that kind of thing.

Greene is the least of Xenia's problems.

There are other reasons for athletes to change schools other than athletic reasons.

Be careful.

You seem to be missing the point. Why isn't your name on the back of the program as a booster instead of the liquor store ad, that's the point. In such a small town you and everyone should support all teams and the coaches. There are many reasons students change schools. The last time I looked Xenia has one high school and when athletes are guiting and attending the same school they, have been allowed to quit. What ever the reason it just looks like sour grapes because things are not going their way. Xenia is a small town the reasons are always known, don't kid yourself Xenia. I just want to say that if you are positive any situation will correct itself. Coach Greene, someone who grew-up there, played football and basketball there, and learned how to coach from a legendary coach who lived there will be that positive coach there. Be a booster not a basher.

You seem to be missing the point. Why isn't your name on the back of the program as a booster instead of the liquor store ad, that's the point. In such a small town you and everyone should support all teams and the coaches. There are many reasons students change schools. The last time I looked Xenia has one high school and when athletes are guiting and attending the same school they, have been allowed to quit. What ever the reason it just looks like sour grapes because things are not going their way. Xenia is a small town the reasons are always known, don't kid yourself Xenia. I just want to say that if you are positive any situation will correct itself. Coach Greene, someone who grew-up there, played football and basketball there, and learned how to coach from a legendary coach who lived there will be that positive coach there. Be a booster not a basher.

Let's meet and I will explain it all to you in about 2 minutes. I'm not bashing Greene... you are bashing parents and high school girls that, (I'm assuming), you don't even know.

The reason my name isn't on the back of that program will become crystal clear.

Carroll v Xenia

Let's support our ladies who participate in playing basketball. Let's also support the coaches who lead these young ladies in playing ball. We would be better off if we supported our teams instead of discussing reasons for quiting a team. Who knows maybe we will meet and I'll get to see you supporting your home town team soon. Go LadyBucs