Car Shield

I generally don't get extended warranties, especially third party warranties, which is what this essentially is. They wouldn't be in business if they didn't generally take I more in premiums from their customers than they pay out in repairs. Get a dependable car and save the money.

Many years ago I made the decision to never take extended warranties on anything. I have only lost one time over 30 years for around $300 on a computer tower that went bad at two years.
Vehicle wise, you can generally get the shop to do it free of charge if it is a problem area they have been seeing in the model. The original warranty offers pretty good protection against defects.
Buying a used vehicle would be slightly different, but most places cover the drive train for several thousand miles.
I recall reading once (Clark Howard I think) that you should either always purchase warranties or never purchase them. You save much more in life to never purchase in my opinion.

I would get one if purchasing a used truck with a diesel engine. My son had a repair that cost $7000 and was covered by such a warranty. Diesel repairs can be extremely high.

Usually not a fan, but we got a repair warranty on my son's used truck when he was away at college. It more than paid for itself. The truck was very well maintained, but we had to replace a water pump and alternator when he was 3.5 hours away. Was worth it in this case.

The salesman talked me into a similary policy when I bought a well-appointed Delta 88 with 60K. That was almost 30 years ago, think I paid $300 for a 2-year warranty. After six months the car died on the freeway, probably needed $1000 in repairs that were covered.

Unfortunately, the warranty had already expired when the timing chain broke and ruined the engine. Still owed another year on it. But for the short time I had it, was the nicest car I ever owned.

I guess a relevant question is what kind of car would you put it on, Licking County Fan?