Canfield 2024, Coach Pavlansky retires.

Reaching 500 level at Boardman is not asking for the world. A solid coach has to overcome bs no matter where they coach. He had enough talent but was not that good of a coach. He may win a state title at Canfield...much easier Ohio division and weak schedule. Just wonder why you take a coach who has failed once over one who was extremely successful and coached at the school once already.
I totally agree with your last statement about JI vs. Prologo. But again, no one knows the whole story.

To try to discredit what a great team with a phenomenal player did on the field in 22 isn’t what this conversation is all about. It’s actually about a snake ex head coach stabbing a loyal friend in the back and an administration allowing him to insert his minions on a committee so he could control the outcome to hire a lesser replacement head coach to protect his own legacy. All of his ex players must be correct that he doesn’t care about his players because if he did he would have sat on the sidelines and let the school hire the best replacement to give them the best shot at success. That would have shown he cared about the players he left behind. This conversation is about a selfish, self serving individual. Period
But we shouldn’t be surprise he’s the same guy who destroyed 2 family's with his deceitful lies a few years back
It’s his MO
You can spin it whatever way you like. IF he cared about his players, then why wouldn't he want a hand in who replaces him? If he can play a hand in who will be around his ex-players, I feel like THAT means he cares about his players. But I guess it's in the eyes of the beholder....

Now we see the real reason they didn't ball up and play Fitch
SR see above
The real reason Cochran left
The real reason principal and assistant principal left
He** the guy wasn't that good off a coach or he would have Played area teams and not ducked them with the talent they had
COWARD who wants people to think he was God
This is silly. The guy won a state title. Come up with a list of ALL Trumbull/Mahoning coaches since 2000 and tell me which ones won a state title.. Count on one hand?? Pav.. Yaegley.. Bayuk.. Reardon.. Fecko... ...... ???

Complaining that a peewee coach didn’t get an interview for one of the best jobs in the area isn’t having an opinion. It is having no common sense. It is being lost in your own reality. It is not being told no enough in your lifetime and probably use to getting what you want without having to work for it. What are we even talking about here? Canfield won a state title and we should be mad at them for not interviewing pee wee coaches. Maybe that person can coach. Join a staff and work your way up. No one is saying it can’t be done. Complaining or having people allegedly go on here to defend said person is a very bold strategy. I blame participation trophies for this nonsense.

Complaining that a peewee coach didn’t get an interview for one of the best jobs in the area isn’t having an opinion. It is having no common sense. It is being lost in your own reality. It is not being told no enough in your lifetime and probably use to getting what you want without having to work for it. What are we even talking about here? Canfield won a state title and we should be mad at them for not interviewing pee wee coaches. Maybe that person can coach. Join a staff and work your way up. No one is saying it can’t be done. Complaining or having people allegedly go on here to defend said person is a very bold strategy. I blame participation trophies for this nonsense.
I have no skin in this game, but I have watched all three coaches along with many others the last 15 years from afar. You seem to be defending Pav, Pro, and JI a lot here, which is just fine, other people have that right too! I am not a fan of participation trophies by the way, and you are right it is common sense that you should make sure that you are vetting coaches to get the best possible candidate at all levels. The point I was making was it that everyone has to start somewhere. Whether it is in Pee Wee Football, Middle School Football etc... Yes, you should work your way up through the ranks to earn an interview, and yes, the school and people interviewing should vet the applications to choose the BEST candidate for the job. I think this is what people the people in this forum are upset about and it is good to see people in Canfield have a heartbeat on a center piece of their community. Something just doesn't seem right here though, you are defending Pav, Pro, and JI like you know them personally which only leads me to believe that (1) either you have coached or are coaching with one or all of them, (2) you are related to one of them, or (3) you hang out with one or all of them quite a bit. To say, "Pro, Pav, and JI would be disappointed in some of the BS that some of us are spinning" or " Pro is a great coach and would probably slap some of the people running their mouth on here for what they are saying about Pav or the guy they hired. If you disagree, you probably don’t know Pro as well as you think you do", leads me to believe that you are close to one or all of them. So, I am just going to take a shot here and say the Canfield school district would be very upset if one of their coaches was on a forum making comments at others to speak on behalf of the program or defend the program, THAT MY FRIEND IS A BOLD STRATEGY, UNPROFESSIONAL, EMBARASSING TO THE PROGRAM AND THE COACHES YOU DEFEND. All of which I am sure if these coaches found out it was someone close to them they would be truly upset that one of their own got off track. If you truly want to honor these 3 gentlemen, then you would get off this forum and work your way up through the ranks by getting YOURSELF ready to work with Pro wherever he goes, or work with the new coaching staff in Canfield, so that they can continue to have great football in NE Ohio. YOU CAN HAVE THE LAST WORD BECASUE THAT IS YOUR M/O. STOP EMBARRASSING YOURSELF, THESE COACHES, AND THE PROGRAMS!! END OF RANT!!

I have no skin in this game, but I have watched all three coaches along with many others the last 15 years from afar. You seem to be defending Pav, Pro, and JI a lot here, which is just fine, other people have that right too! I am not a fan of participation trophies by the way, and you are right it is common sense that you should make sure that you are vetting coaches to get the best possible candidate at all levels. The point I was making was it that everyone has to start somewhere. Whether it is in Pee Wee Football, Middle School Football etc... Yes, you should work your way up through the ranks to earn an interview, and yes, the school and people interviewing should vet the applications to choose the BEST candidate for the job. I think this is what people the people in this forum are upset about and it is good to see people in Canfield have a heartbeat on a center piece of their community. Something just doesn't seem right here though, you are defending Pav, Pro, and JI like you know them personally which only leads me to believe that (1) either you have coached or are coaching with one or all of them, (2) you are related to one of them, or (3) you hang out with one or all of them quite a bit. To say, "Pro, Pav, and JI would be disappointed in some of the BS that some of us are spinning" or " Pro is a great coach and would probably slap some of the people running their mouth on here for what they are saying about Pav or the guy they hired. If you disagree, you probably don’t know Pro as well as you think you do", leads me to believe that you are close to one or all of them. So, I am just going to take a shot here and say the Canfield school district would be very upset if one of their coaches was on a forum making comments at others to speak on behalf of the program or defend the program, THAT MY FRIEND IS A BOLD STRATEGY, UNPROFESSIONAL, EMBARASSING TO THE PROGRAM AND THE COACHES YOU DEFEND. All of which I am sure if these coaches found out it was someone close to them they would be truly upset that one of their own got off track. If you truly want to honor these 3 gentlemen, then you would get off this forum and work your way up through the ranks by getting YOURSELF ready to work with Pro wherever he goes, or work with the new coaching staff in Canfield, so that they can continue to have great football in NE Ohio. YOU CAN HAVE THE LAST WORD BECASUE THAT IS YOUR M/O. STOP EMBARRASSING YOURSELF, THESE COACHES, AND THE PROGRAMS!! END OF RANT!!
The Busch Light Bomber seems to have been bombing Busch Lights on this Thursday morning.

I’ve been reading the this thread since the beginning like this, all while wondering how many Canfield kids will end up in green and gold next year.

Attachments

• IMG_5188.jpeg
    IMG_5188.jpeg
    69.8 KB · Views: 11
Lets be honest, Im pretty happy I dont have to wear red and black.
And it has nothing to do with the kids in Canfield. Its well documented what is happening inside of the school district at the moment. From the baseball parents demanding change, from an athletic director saying I can't take this anymore, to his secretary pulling the pin, to principals leaving, to a community unwilling to pass a levy due to the many issues with administration which its quite apparent their apprehension is warranted. Leaving the JFK situation and all that happened, it was evident Canfield is experiencing the same nonsense. I voiced such opinion with my guy. Bigger issues other than winning football games now.

I respect the Canfield program for what they have accomplished especially in a closed enrollment high school environment. The Canfield I remember were the days of JFK competing along with Struthers, Poland, Campbell. Canfield had hard nosed physical kids who were coached well and competed. Anyone who had a love for high school football was on that same ride with the Canfield Community on their state run.
JFK, Canfield, and South Range were all on that same journey together that year. Its the Mahoning Valley if you can't root for others success for high school student athletes then thats a you problem. I know for 9 years we accomplished more than most at JFK and would hope the Valley was with us in our 3 State Championship appearances rooting for Warren JFK. Prologo always outwardly in interviews and the paper spoke highly of the Canfield program, its past and present players, and its HC Mike Pav. I was actually sick of hearing about the Cardinals from him.

Mike Pav won a state championship NOBODY can take that away from him. Their is no higher honor in the high school coaching profession to achieve. In 2016 when we won the state championship at JFK its FOREVER. Nobody deserved it more than Jeff Bayuk and Dominic Prologo. With all the aforementioned names love them, hate them, disagree with their football philosophies or them as individual persons won't change the fact they won the ultimate prize in high school. We held that trophy, we embraced that trophy.

What people can't touch is the way your present and past players speak about you. How they care about you, how they love on you, how they speak in high regard of you for changing their lives and making them better men. The memories created and shared with those student athletes which will be talked about the rest of their lives. For most coaches that is what matters because they will never hoist that trophy. Only Canfield players know how they feel about Mike Pav. Those are the only people who have the right to speak on such feelings and emotions because good or bad those were forged between them.

Here is what I know to be a fact when everyone in the coaching profession in the Valley spoke ill will on Mike Pav, Dominic Prologo was the one who spoke up the loudest on his behalf. In his speech at his daughters wedding two individuals were spoken about and those two men were Mike Pav and Jeff Bayuk. For an occasion as big as that to be mention within is a honor and it showed what those two men meant to him. For how this all played out at Canfield is truly a shame. Dominic Prologo now knows the truth. This is now not about football any longer. This is about someone who you protected and cared for and called a close friend to stab you in the back. 11 years at Canfield coaching together meant nothing in loyalty. Prologo deserved better but ultimately he knows now where he stands with Mike Pav. Tough pill to swallow for Prologo for a man of integrity, honor, service to young men, and a true caring for student athletes wellbeing.

For the sake of those Canfield young men I wish you the best. I hope Canfield doesn't crumble as we have witnessed JFKs quick demise.

Last edited:
I find it rather hilarious that some posters here continue to insist on using the initials "JI" to refer to the new Canfield coach-in-waiting. Is there some type of secret code that we're not privy to ? Is it that hard to spell (type) Ignazio ? Or am I missing something ?

And...has the hire been formally approved yet ? If so, I haven't seen it reported anywhere; other than the WFMJ story I posted 3 days ago that said he was going to be recommended for board approval.

Last edited:
I find it rather hilarious that some posters here continue to insist on using the initials "JI" to refer to the new Canfield coach-in-waiting ? Is there some type of secret code that we're not privy to ? Is it that hard to spell (type) Ignazio ? Or am I missing something ?

And...has the hire been formally approved yet ? If so, I haven't seen it reported anywhere; other than the WFMJ story I posted 3 days ago that said he was going to be recommended for board approval.

...Pav, Pro, and Joe

You apparently lack comprehension skills. I said in my first post that the gentleman I'm referring to did go to another program, an elite one at that, when he didn't get the middle school position. He's already had a great impact at the new school. It just would've been nice for him to get an interview at the school he attended his whole life and was instrumental in developing many of Canfield's great athletes, even if you do discount the impact that he had. We can agree to disagree. I 100% do not believe in participation tropheys as they're diametrically opposed to my worldview lol. I just thought the guy deserved a chance to be heard. Carry on with your prescient posts.

Yinz should have hired the Kenston OC although I’m glad you didn’t wouldn’t want him to get away from us.

In the last year I have been accused of coaching at Western Reserve, Newton Falls, Warren JFK, and now Canfield. It just goes to show no matter how little or big a place is, the same thing happens. I am someone who defends coaches. I have actually never met Pro, but respect the hell out of him from afar. I have met Pav in passing, seems like a good dude. I have never met Ignazio in my life, but know people who have. There are a lot of new members on here, some may be Canfield staffers, some are clearly people with a vendetta. I been going strong since 2010s post JJ Huddle. I don’t stand for coach bashing. I would say I openly defend most coaches because I think it’s a hard profession and a thankless job. I choose to be positive instead of so negative as we often see on here. So my advice would be to take some of your own advice and RELAX.

Also whether it’s the peewee guy who applied, his TWIN brother, or his friends, be better. That is all. Shocker that I know who the applicant is? Not really. Figured it out in about 3 minutes of social media. If I’m the Twin applicant and I’m not involved, I would strongly encourage him to tell his cronies to choose another path. Not a great look

In the last year I have been accused of coaching at Western Reserve, Newton Falls, Warren JFK, and now Canfield. It just goes to show no matter how little or big a place is, the same thing happens. I am someone who defends coaches. I have actually never met Pro, but respect the hell out of him from afar. I have met Pav in passing, seems like a good dude. I have never met Ignazio in my life, but know people who have. There are a lot of new members on here, some may be Canfield staffers, some are clearly people with a vendetta. I been going strong since 2010s post JJ Huddle. I don’t stand for coach bashing. I would say I openly defend most coaches because I think it’s a hard profession and a thankless job. I choose to be positive instead of so negative as we often see on here. So my advice would be to take some of your own advice and RELAX.

Also whether it’s the peewee guy who applied, his TWIN brother, or his friends, be better. That is all. Shocker that I know who the applicant is? Not really. Figured it out in about 3 minutes of social media. If I’m the Twin applicant and I’m not involved, I would strongly encourage him to tell his cronies to choose another path. Not a great look
I know the applicant personally and he has told everyone he has talked to not to post anything at all. He has no idea who anyone on here is. He also isn’t a pee wee coach. He’s a high school coach working under the best coach in the area. He’s probably gonna get mad at me for posting this but I’m tired of you bashing him when he wants no part in this.

Please don't lump me in with all the coach bashers. I've never done that. I respect the heck out of all these guys. People who haven't coached have little or no idea how much time these guys spend in the film room, in preparing game plans, in seminars, and of course all the time spent actually coaching from weight lifting, summer conditioning, and then the season. And when a great program like Canfield makes deep runs every year, it's even more time. I've been around since the JJ Huddle days as well, just wasn't aware that this effectively replaced it. I wish the best for Canfield and all the local schools.

I know the applicant personally and he has told everyone he has talked to not to post anything at all. He has no idea who anyone on here is. He also isn’t a pee wee coach. He’s a high school coach working under the best coach in the area. He’s probably gonna get mad at me for posting this but I’m tired of you bashing him when he wants no part in this.
Is he on Ursuline's staff?

Good for him then, but being mad he didn’t get an interview when he hadn’t done anything to earn one yet is an egregious take by you. If he’s good, he will get one some day. Being mad now is insane though. This isn’t the Sebring job…no offense to Trojan lovers

Good for him then, but being mad he didn’t get an interview when he hadn’t done anything to earn one yet is an egregious take by you. If he’s good, he will get one some day. Being mad now is insane though. This isn’t the Sebring job…no offense to Trojan lovers
He’s not mad he didn’t get an interview. I think other people are. He’s very well respected by both Canfield football players and parents. He also wasn’t going to leave where he is at now. He knows he’s not ready to be a head coach, especially on the administrative side of things, and has a lot more to learn from the coach he’s working under. If he did get an interview, he was just going to use it as experience for when he is ready.

Last edited:
He’s not mad he didn’t get an interview. I think other people are. He’s very well respected by both Canfield football players and parents. He also wasn’t going to leave where he is at now. He knows he’s not ready to be a head coach, especially on the administrative side of things, and has a lot more to learn from the coach he’s working under. If he did get an interview, he was just going to use it as experience for when he is ready.
The old, how dare they not interview him and he was only going to use them for interview experience because he didn’t really want the job excuse. It’s been a while since I have heard that one. Whatever twin is posting on here, stop, you are not helping. That is all

The old, how dare they not interview him and he was only going to use them for interview experience because he didn’t really want the job excuse. It’s been a while since I have heard that one. Whatever twin is posting on here, stop, you are not helping. That is all
You can believe what you want but he was saying that before anything was ever announced. You say you defend coaches yet here you are bashing one. A little contradictory isn’t it? I’ve also talked to some parents of current Canfield players who believe Ignazio should offer him the OC position to get him back at Canfield.

Last edited:
You can believe what you want but he was saying that before anything was ever announced. You say you defend coaches yet here you are bashing one. A little contradictory isn’t it? I’ve also talked to some parents of current Canfield players who believe Ignazio should offer him the OC position to get him back at Canfield.
He's not bashing the coach himself, he's bashing the new members that are coming on here crying that he didn't get an interview with the resume he's put together.

He's not bashing the coach himself, he's bashing the new members that are coming on here crying that he didn't get an interview with the resume he's put together.
Continuing to call him a peewee coach when it was already established that he’s a high school coach seems like bashing. Also trying to put personal info out about who he assumes people are to discredit them seems a little insecure on his part. If he wants to know who I am then he can message me privately and I will gladly tell him.

I think Ignazio should 100% do this. They should change everything they have been doing at Canfield. No one believes they should do that except you. GTFOH

Continuing to call him a peewee coach when it was already established that he’s a high school coach seems like bashing. Also trying to put personal info out about who he assumes people are to discredit them seems a little insecure on his part. If he wants to know who I am then he can message me privately and I will gladly tell him.
There are people all over the country that bash others, mostly for worse. My father tells old tales of parents bashing my coaches at my high school games, and that was over 30 years ago. I slowly distanced myself when my sons were coming up through high school.

In regards to this “peewee coach who is clearly a high school coach”, that is just like the other posters who use the initials like JI, when we all understand that it refers to Joe Ignazio. Who is said peewee coach? Does he have children that attend Canfield? Is that answer is yes, and he is a quality coach and person, then Ignazio should look to hire him in some capacity. As an offensive coordinator without any high school coaching, that is a bold move.

There are people all over the country that bash others, mostly for worse. My father tells old tales of parents bashing my coaches at my high school games, and that was over 30 years ago. I slowly distanced myself when my sons were coming up through high school.

In regards to this “peewee coach who is clearly a high school coach”, that is just like the other posters who use the initials like JI, when we all understand that it refers to Joe Ignazio. Who is said peewee coach? Does he have children that attend Canfield? Is that answer is yes, and he is a quality coach and person, then Ignazio should look to hire him in some capacity. As an offensive coordinator without any high school coaching, that is a bold move.
He has been coaching high school football for 2 years now at another school. He coached for Canfield Little Cardinals for I believe 14 seasons before that. He has no children yet but does have a nephew who is currently in 8th grade at Canfield. He and his brother have coached that 8th grade class from the time they were 6 years old until they hit 7th grade. He then wanted to become a middle school coach at Canfield but wasn’t offered a position so he found a job coaching high school elsewhere.