Canadian Football League

Thavoice

I like it. I wish they would have 4 downs like the NFL and I wish the NFL would adopt the motion rules. XFL did years ago but those coaches were like Omar with a naked lady.....try had no idea what to do with it.

irish_buffalo

I like it. I wish they would have 4 downs like the NFL and I wish the NFL would adopt the motion rules. XFL did years ago but those coaches were like Omar with a naked lady.....try had no idea what to do with it.
:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

There is talk of them going to 4 downs. Was voted on as rules changes this past off season.

Thavoice

:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

There is talk of them going to 4 downs. Was voted on as rules changes this past off season.

Good. The three dwons just handcuffs the offense and I think it would energize the league.

Sykotyk

Not sure where else to put this, but Steubenville alum Zach Collaros is going for his third straight Grey Cup win tomorrow. Winnipeg is playing Toronto in Regina. Winnipeg would be the 6th time a team had won three in a row. And first to do it in almost 50 years. Collaros was also named Most Outstanding Player (MVP basically) for the second straight year.

irish_buffalo

Not sure where else to put this, but Steubenville alum Zach Collaros is going for his third straight Grey Cup win tomorrow. Winnipeg is playing Toronto in Regina. Winnipeg would be the 6th time a team had won three in a row. And first to do it in almost 50 years. Collaros was also named Most Outstanding Player (MVP basically) for the second straight year.
Game time weather will be mild and 22 degrees. Not bad eh?

oxat622

That's former Covington Buc and Ohio Bobcat AJ Ouellette scoring tuddies and dropping f bombs in the postgame.

Auggie

Love the motion rules in the CFL but probably my favorite rule is the 20 yard deep end zones. I understand that it would be tough to implement this in he US as many stadiums don't have the extra space needed but how many drives fizzle out in the red zone due to the back line acting as an extra defender? Unlike the CFL I would also keep the goal posts on the back line to discourage all these extra long FGs and make more teams go for it on 4th down instead of trying a 60+ yard FG when the ball is outside the 35 yard line.

Zunardo

Good. The three downs just handcuffs the offense and I think it would energize the league.
This. My father told me about the CFL when I was a kid, and the little bit I saw never held my interest. Back then it was hard enough to get a first down in the NFL on four downs, let alone three.

Some years ago I went to a co-worker's funeral, he started work a year after me but was much older - I assumed he just got out of the military like many did back then. Turned out he had retired from the B.C. Lions, spent 9 seasons as a DB, and had been a CFL All-Star. Wow. He certainly didn't wear it on his sleeve.