Can Drummond play defense?

He usually has a greater impact on the stat sheet than on the result of the game. Pretty average to slightly above average all-around defender playing out of the post.

He's fairly weak when drawn into pick and roll coverage, which is why I wouldn't expect to see him playing more than maybe 15 minutes a game on a legit contender.

I think this guy would have been a really good player in the 90s and early 2000s...he doesn't mesh with the modern game very well. There's a reason the Cavs were able to trade next to nothing for him, as well as why no one was willing to trade anything of value for him at the deadline. He is one of the best rebounders of this era, but that skill severely lags in value behind many other post skills (pick and roll offense and defense, rim protection, spot up three point shooting) at this point.

As for accolades, he's been on a lot of bad teams and has never won a playoff game. Even on bad teams somebody has to score. Not sure if he'll start or come off the bench for the Lakers, but I don't expect him to play more than 20-25 minutes a game and see him being heavily rotated with their other post depth.

I just read that he is a pretty good defensive player.He should help the Lakers

I wonder what kind of shape he is in? He hasn't played since mid February.

Drummond got injured in his first game back.He only played several minutes and only scored 4 points and had a couple rebounds.He injured his big toe and limped to the locker room.

Drummond has a big toe contusion.A Bucks player stepped on his foot.

He stepped on his foot in the 1st quarter.

For the Cavs ... his defense was good at the beginning of the year but as the season progressed his defense slipped quite a bit ... and for the last month it was like he wasn’t even on the floor ... oh, he wasn’t!

He won't be able to play defense tonight against the Heat.

He is coming back way to early and will reaggregate his toe contusion.

Last edited: