Can any Youngstown fans explain the transfer rule?

Lep2002

I am confused on how some kids can play immediately while others have to sit for 5 weeks. I know that Youngstown Liberty got a transfer from Ursuline in Ben Phillips and he was able to play right away. I know Hubbard's starting QB transferred from Liberty in what is his 3rd school in 3 years but he was able to play right away. However I know Liberty has a few very talented kids that had to sit out the first 5 games because they transferred. Can anyone explain that to me?

If you transfer schools without moving, you will have to sit out 5 games.

If you move from one public school district to another public school district, you are eligible right away in THAT public school district or ANY private school in the state.

What about someone moving from a private school to a public school? Do they need to sit out 5 games or can they just say the private school was too expensive and get away with it that way?

What about someone moving from a private school to a public school? Do they need to sit out 5 games or can they just say the private school was too expensive and get away with it that way?

That just means they weren't good enough to qualify for "financial assistance" or for sponsorship by an alum! ;)

If you are in a private school, you still need to move from one public school district to another public school district. If you are in a private school and move to another public school district, you are eligible immediately in the new public school district to which you moved or any private school in the state.

I am confused on how some kids can play immediately while others have to sit for 5 weeks. I know that Youngstown Liberty got a transfer from Ursuline in Ben Phillips and he was able to play right away. I know Hubbard's starting QB transferred from Liberty in what is his 3rd school in 3 years but he was able to play right away. However I know Liberty has a few very talented kids that had to sit out the first 5 games because they transferred. Can anyone explain that to me?

Looking forward to Jefferson playing Liberty this Friday. So Liberty has several kids that haven't played this year who transferred in and are eligible for this weekends game? Are they skill players, this will catch Jefferson off guard I'm sure.