Campbell out as High School principal

American Dream

Word is spreading like wild fire through out Jackson that Rick Campbell is out as high school principal. Apparently, Cheryl Haschak told him they would rehire him (like many other district employees) when he turned in his retirement. Campbell apparently turned in his retirement and Haschak then pulled the rug out from him.

Another classy move by Haschak. Way to treat a guy who did so much for that school district over the years. He won the schools first Federal League football championship in the mid 80's and served the district well as principal.

He's been hired as the South AD, if that means anything.

http://www.the-press-news.com/news/article/4808610

CANTON TWP. -- Quite a few personnel decisions were made during the Canton Local Board of Education meeting-- including hiring a new athletic director, as well as reducing staff due to financial restraints.

Rick Campbell, principal of Jackson High School, was hired to replace Rocky Bourquin as athletic director in the district. Bourquin recently stepped down from that position. According to a letter, written by Bourquin and read at Monday night's meeting, he said he would like to spend more time with his family. Bourquin also thanked the board for giving him the opportunity to serve as AD, a position he held for 18 years.

A Great Man

I would like to thank Mr. Campbell for what he has done for JHS. He has been the role model for what a principal is and should be. Not only did he support the Boys but he did the same for the Girls programs and I would just like to say THANK YOU for being a caring and principled individual.

Good Luck in the future and know that the success the Polar Bears had was under your watch.

What is the real story with Rick Campbell? I agree with other posters on here, that Rick was great for the the school and students. There must be more to this story.

^^^^^
Very simply...it is common knowledge that Campbell and Haschak never got along with each other. Campbell expected to be the next super after Haschak, but she promoted DiLoretto (Sp?) instead.