Call Your Shot

1. What's your final four?

2. Double digit seed making the sweet 16?

3. National champ?

1. Kansas Kentucky Michigan St Texas A&M

2. Gonzaga

3. Kentucky

Signed,
Kentucky Homer

I think it will be interesting because everyone says it is a down year and wide open field but yet I do not see a ton of upsets. To me, there may not be a huge difference between the 1 and 5 seeds, but there is a huge difference between the 5 and 12's.

I definitely know less about the mid-majors this year than probably any year since I started following the tournament. I still think we'll see a decent amount of upsets because a lot of these teams just aren't that good

UNC has a shooting problem. Have a hard time believing they're going to be able to string together 5 straight games where their offense is clicking.

That may or may not be the case (I really don't know), but they lead the country in scoring among contenders.

I'm not commenting on their offense, which is #4 according to KenPom's AdjO, but their ability to shoot the ball. Come March, there's going to be close games. It's inevitable as there are a number of good teams. It's who makes shots down the stretch that will win, and UNC has a shot making problem.

Marcus Paige is probably who they'd turn to in crunch time to take a shot in the last minute. He's shooting under 40%, under 33% behind the arc. That's a problem that will come back to haunt them. Too easy to pack the paint in CBB and force outside jumpers. Just calling my shot though (UNC is first 1 seed to fall).

UNC has a shooting problem. Have a hard time believing they're going to be able to string together 5 straight games where their offense is clicking.

90% of their points come from inside the paint. If they get hot they're dangerous. As is they can get to the Final Four with defense and their 4 bigs. And between Berry, Paige and Jackson they shot just fine in the ACC Tournament.

Kansas, West Virginia, Michigan State, Oklahoma

I don't have any double digit seeds in the Sweet 16. My best bets would be Wichita State or Gonzaga

Michigan State winning it all

I can't stand my bracket this year on the whole. Much more interested in betting individual games

Kansas, A&M, Mich St, Xavier

Wichita St Michigan NC Wilmington SF Austin

Mich St over A&M

The east region was hardest for me to decided on both with upsets as well as who will come to the elite 8 out of the top half. Whoever comes out of that half is likely to be way more worn down than I think Xavier will be coming out of the bottom half. It's March though so Im not banking on anything being right.

Last edited:
Finally filled out my bracket.

1. Kansas, A&M, Kentucky, Michigan St

2. VCU beating Oklahoma, think Wichita State will beat Miami but I didn't write that down.

3. Kentucky

1.Kansas, Duke, Xavier, Mich St---I agree that unc or Uk will be worn-out heading into the X game.

2. My bracket does not have one, but I would bet Stephen F Austin

3. Kansas