Buchtel @ Ellet 12/17.......

THE GRIFFS ARE COMING! THE GRIFFS ARE COMING! There was a time when just the name " Buchtel" struck fear in the hearts of city teams! Well those days are over!! The juicemen are ready, I like the juicemen by 8!!! Coach White has been seen lurking in the stands of 4 Ellet games, he's looking over his shoulder cause he knows ellet is the real deal!!!

Wish we had more info on the Griffs besides just one game against the worst team in the City Series.

I would guess it'll be a tight game either way. Some of the Ellet faithful close to the basketball scene seem pretty optimistic.

From an Ellet perspective, I love the way this team defends and applies pressure. They play the passing lanes as well as any Ellet team I've seen (back thru the 80's). In a lot of ways they use the same blueprint Buchtel has used forever, 8-10 athletes that create havoc and score lots of points off turnovers.
Could be a good night for Brady, Gareri and Williams to shine if Buchtel is lacking in height.
Should be a fun game to watch.

Not ready to make any predictions. Ellet, Firestone and Buchtel in a dogfight for the City.

THE GRIFFS ARE COMING! THE GRIFFS ARE COMING! There was a time when just the name " Buchtel" struck fear in the hearts of city teams! Well those days are over!! The juicemen are ready, I like the juicemen by 8!!! Coach White has been seen lurking in the stands of 4 Ellet games, he's looking over his shoulder cause he knows ellet is the real deal!!!

Weeeeelll I was way off on that one! The juicemen looked nervous, shell shocked!! Crazy thing is both teams played bad!! A lot of turnovers on both sides, buchtel just capitalized on ellets turnovers! A real eye opener for the juicemen!!! Let's see how they rebound from this one!

Ummmm, I guess I was wrong. Can I have a re-do? I will take Buchtel by 14. Looking at box score, not even a close game throughout. We will see how things play out. An injury here or there could make things interesting.

Based on the box scores, I have been surprised by Ellet so far this year. Fisher deserves credit for switching to a more uptempo style of play that his team seems to be better suited for than what you typically think of an Ellet basketball team. After Buchtel, the City Series is wide open this year and the Orangemen could be playing for a City title.

Does anybody know what the deal with Brady was last year? He only scored in 2 games mid-year and I don't remember seeing him on the JV team either time I saw them play (based on BJ photo online).

Based on the box scores, I have been surprised by Ellet so far this year. Fisher deserves credit for switching to a more uptempo style of play that his team seems to be better suited for than what you typically think of an Ellet basketball team. After Buchtel, the City Series is wide open this year and the Orangemen could be playing for a City title.

Does anybody know what the deal with Brady was last year? He only scored in 2 games mid-year and I don't remember seeing him on the JV team either time I saw them play (based on BJ photo online).

Ineligible along with Dionte Williams who happens to be their leading scorer this year.

Ummmm, I guess I was wrong. Can I have a re-do? I will take Buchtel by 14. Looking at box score, not even a close game throughout. We will see how things play out. An injury here or there could make things interesting.

They pretty much played even after that dreadful first quarter. Can't ever, ever do that against Buchtel. If you can weather that first qtr. storm, then it's game on.

Fisher is finally able to work on building that winning culture, next step is losing that "deer in headlights" look in big games. Hopefully by tournament time they'll be ready.

Good things happening at Ellet. The season is young, a tough loss to a pretty good team is not the end of the world. To quote the coach, “We are just not there yet. We are going to be, I think, but we are not there yet."

Played JV except for 2 or 3 games

We looked a lot better after the slow start, and that's what really cost us. Our non-league schedule was supposed to get us ready for the city, but Btown and Roosevelt aren't nearly as good as they were supposed to be this yr (for diff reasons). Copley isn't that great either. I'm glad that we have some wins under our belt, but it'll prob take a few games to adjust to city teams. It looked like the two teams were pretty comparable from a talent perspective. It's gonna be interesting to see how Ellet, Buchtel, sand Firestone play out.

What do you think about East Go0arange?

If I may add my two cents...

This year's East team reminds me of Kenmore teams of the last few years in that they have one very talented player who makes them a dangerous team every night, but a lack of coaching will prevent them from being consistent enough to contend for a City title spot.

What do you think about East Go0arange?

Sorry for the delay... I took my orange butt south and tanned it :). HS Sports Fan sounds about right. I haven't seen them this year yet, but with what they had coming back, they should have one really good guy and some decent athletes/players around him. They are probably good enough to give teams trouble when hot, but probably not consistently good enough to be in any type of league hunt.