Bryce Andonian

There was one that ended a few years back. It was like 25 years straight. The only other programs to have such a streak were NCAA teams.

Going to have to start a new streak. (NOTE: A St. Edward wrestler may have AA'd last year. I do not recall. If not, this is the start. If so, this is year 2.)

He is so fun to watch.
I remember a few years ago after he won the state title as a freshman, someone on this board made the comment along the lines of - “yeah he won at 106, but he won‘t be able to roll around like that with bigger kids”, well a few years later and 50 lbs heavier and he‘s still letting it fly and doing crazy things on the biggest stage. He is sure is fun to watch.

Yanni or Sasso vs Andonian will be must see TV….

Last edited:
I remember a few years ago after he won the state title as a freshman, someone on this board made the comment along the lines of - “yeah he won at 106, but he won‘t be able to roll around like that with bigger kids”, well a few years later and 50 lbs heavier and he‘s still letting it fly and doing crazy things on the biggest stage. He is sure is fun to watch.

Yanni or Sasso vs Andonian will be must see TV….
Andonian has one more to go before Sasso/Yanni but Andonian is so wild he has the ability to beat anyone but can also lose by a lot due to his style. It’s fun to watch.

The only Ohio hs wrestler to pin his way through the sectional, districts and state tournaments.

I don’t think that is correct. I believe Lance Palmer became the second wrestler to do that back then, so I’m fairly certain Andonian isn’t the only one.
Not to change the thread... but I think Luke Fickle and Bo Jordan, possibly tencil as well?

It just shows the level change. I remember the jump from middle school to high school. it seemed huge. It's like a diaper change compared to the jump from from high school to DI NCAA. Some of our best ever have gotten swallowed up. I won't list any. But we all know and it is a long list.