Bracket Draws for Districts and State

bearcatrunner

Is it already noted how the brackets will align for districts? Like which district gets the top spot on the brakcets or is that determined after sectionals? Just figured they had to have some sort of rotation or something year after year.

Thanks,

WGTJ

Is it already noted how the brackets will align for districts? Like which district gets the top spot on the brakcets or is that determined after sectionals? Just figured they had to have some sort of rotation or something year after year.

Thanks,
I thought it was randomized after sectionals are complete. One bracket may be very different from the next as far as matchups go. Same with state, except they have separation criteria. Not sure if districts has separation criteria.

jmog

It’s randomized where the 4 1s get placed (in the normal 1/2/3/4 seed spots) but then where the 2/3/4 from each sectional/district is directly based off where that sectionals/districts champ goes.

the 2 and 3 will automatically be on the opposite side of the bracket as the 1 and each 4 will be on the same side as the 1 but in the other quarter of the bracket.

So the champs are random, everything after that is systematic based on where the 1s landed.

like said above, the champs can be separated based on previous years state placement. So if I got that right no separations will happen this year as no state tournament happened last year.

cruiser_96

I once went through multiple years of the Darby District and tried to find a "sequence" or "rotation" or "pattern". I'm going to save you some time - there isn't one. I cannot recall how many weight class layouts I charted without a repitition, but I remember thinking it was A LOT!

For example, let's say...
106 (in 2021)
MA-1
WM-4
UA-3
NE-2
UA-2
NE-3
MA-4
WM-1
UA-1
NE-4
MA-3
WM-2
MA-2
WM-3
UA-4
NE-1
...might not get used exactly the same until like 152 in 2023!

MADNESS!!!!!!!!

I need a math major to tell me how many combinations can be given without a repeat.

Last edited:
I once went through multiple years of the Darby District and tried to find a "sequence" or "rotation" or "pattern". I'm going to save you some time - there isn't one. I cannot recall how many weight class layouts I charted without a repitition, but I remember thinking it was A LOT!

106 (in 2021)
MA-1
WM-4
UA-3
NE-2
UA-2
NE-3
MA-4
WM-1
UA-1
NE-4
MA-3
WM-2
MA-2
WM-3
UA-4
NE-1

MADNESS!!!!!!!!

I need a math major to tell me how many combinations can be given without a repeat.
Maybe you just don’t know the right formula! Did you notice the pattern when comparing the odd decade, with the even year and odd date of the week the district falls on? Of course you know to adjust those pairing for leap year as well, right? So, if the 2nd decade of the century and the year a even number and the day the districts starts on is an odd date and it not being a leap year, pretty easy to figure out now. Yes, I did stay at a Holiday Inn recently as well. ;-)

darthmalice

106 (in 2021)
MA-1
WM-4
UA-3
NE-2
UA-2
NE-3
MA-4
WM-1
UA-1
NE-4
MA-3
WM-2
MA-2
WM-3
UA-4
NE-1

MADNESS!!!!!!!!

Madness... This is OHIO

darthmalice

Maybe you just don’t know the right formula! Did you notice the pattern when comparing the odd decade, with the even year and odd date of the week the district falls on? Of course you know to adjust those pairing for leap year as well, right? So, if the 2nd decade of the century and the year a even number and the day the districts starts on is an odd date and it not being a leap year, pretty easy to figure out now. Yes, I did stay at a Holiday Inn recently as well. ;-)
I seen that A- Team episode when Tamable took a grenades and planned to blow the team up.