Boys VB Not On OHSAA Radar

radiodaveagain

When it comes to certain other emerging sports, Dan Ross said, the outlook is not as bright. Surprisingly, boys volleyball is not gaining much momentum, according to Ross.

"The numbers have probably gone down," he said. "It's been status quo for several years and USA Volleyball hasn't made a big push. It probably isn't going anywhere."

Above was in the Cleveland paper today ---we have a link on our Ohio site ---

Not a bad thing, schools in Ohio that have Boys VB doing ok...OHSAA not "god's gift" to HS sports/

There is clear growth in the game.. It just shows Ross is not informed about the current state of the game.

I believe the growth is good, but in Ohio we aren't ready to be OHSAA yet. East region is in a fantastic position, and other areas are showing growth!!

In my opinion, it'll take A few more years at least! The growth is undoubtable which is good, but the D2 in Ohio has to grow to 45 teams with the current number in D1.. Then I think it'll be ready

East Region needs SW Columbus to grow into a good area, also New Albany and Hartley could be good additions
In general D2 Need's to grow in just about every region

Maybe try to get a presence in Toledo again? There was in the past, but they would need a few schools to get in at one time to help them with games and such

Here in Illinois...only 1 division for all Boys teams -
http://ihsa.org/SportsActivities/Bo...rmationResults.aspx?url=/data/vbb/1assign.htm

Most schools are from Chicago and Suburbs, the schools I cover in Rockford have extended the area. 10 schools in the last three years.

Illinois also allow coop teams for sports...

As for the OHSAA, from what I've seen you folks don't really need them. It allows you to grow the sport the way you want to see it take place.

Was glad to see Illinois-Ohio schools competing against each other.

As for the OHSAA, from what I've seen you folks don't really need them. It allows you to grow the sport the way you want to see it take place.

Was glad to see Illinois-Ohio schools competing against each other.

^^^^^This.

OHSAA is a terrible organization. Does not have the kids best interests at heart.
Boys volleyball in Ohio will do just fine without them.

The East is the biggest region in both DI and DII.

If everyone caught up to the East, we could join OHSAA if we wanted to.

The East is the biggest region in both DI and DII.

If everyone caught up to the East, we could join OHSAA if we wanted to.

The south would be just as big if it were combined with the dayton area "west" teams like it is in other sports. The regions are set up based on 4 major cities: Cleveland - North, Columbus - East, Dayton - West, Cincinnati - South.