"Black Panther" Chadwick Boseman passes away

I have to think the people at Disney were in the know here. It gives a better explanation as to why we haven't gotten Black Panther 2....I wouldn't be surprised if with knowledge of the situation, they didn't secretly film some passing of the Black Panther title to a new actor or one of the existing Wakanda actors. I also can see Disney completely bungling this like they did with Star Wars but Feige has done such a stellar job managing the MCU, that I imagine that will they at least get something acceptable in the MCU.

That makes so much sense (now that i hear it) but if you're Disney, how do you even approach that conversation? It would almost have to be Boseman's suggestion and I hope he got a pretty nickle for family and any charities he wanted to support after his passing.

Can you name all the actors who have played Batman?

they got this thing called "google" now, kind of makes on-line movie trivia games a bit of a pip. I was surprised at how many. Den of Geek lists ten but they include the lego batman and the one not out yet.

Last edited:
I have to think the people at Disney were in the know here. It gives a better explanation as to why we haven't gotten Black Panther 2 yet and maybe will never get one. That first movie made way too much money and was too popular to have the character sit for so long without another solo movie.

Disney is going to have to be very creative or simply write the character out and pass on the title of Black Panther. The Black Panther is something that can be passed to a new person in the comics and I would think a recast is not possible with how synonymous Boseman is with the character. I wouldn't be surprised if with knowledge of the situation, they didn't secretly film some passing of the Black Panther title to a new actor or one of the existing Wakanda actors. I also can see Disney completely bungling this like they did with Star Wars but Feige has done such a stellar job managing the MCU, that I imagine that will they at least get something acceptable in the MCU.

I dunno, the Black Panther director, who he was close with, didn’t even know.

The purpose of the above question was not to name all the actors but to suggest that the Batman character was interchangeable and I wonder why they couldn't do the same with the Black Panther character.

Sorry, I missed your point. I guess they could go either way. The movies tend to just get another actor but the comics tend to pass the wand. Like Bond, I don't think any of the Batman/Superman actors got to the point of owning the role. I think feelings might be a bit different with Boseman, since he lost the role through death and there's been this outpouring. Reeves maybe too but he was TV and Reeve had long given up the role.

We'll see. I'm fine with either approach really.

Well, I just saw my first Chadwick Boseman picture, "21 Bridges", a fairly predictable corrupt cops movie. But Boseman was really good, and now I can see why so many people were upset by his death.

Can you name all the actors who have played Batman?
I'll give it a whirl:
Adam West
Michael Keaton
Val Kilmer
George Clooney
Christian Bale
Ben Affleck
Robert Pattinson (upcoming)
Kevin Conroy (voice acting)

Forgot Will Arnett for Lego Batman. These are all off the top of my head so I'm sure I could be missing more.

Almost 25 years after leading protest on campus over the merging of the School of Fine Arts into the school of Arts and Sciences, the recently re-announced Independent School of Fine Arts will be named after him!

1622052546458.png

Attachments

• 1622052313583.png
    1622052313583.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 11
Bozeman seemed like a good, humble guy who differed attention received to more worthy things. Not everyone does things "loud." He lived and died with dignity. And it's Hubman's alma mater so, respects. But geez, guy's gotta die to get his way? Seems extreme. Nice tribute and connection to Bozeman. Article poorly written, no photos of Rashad. Thanks Hubman!
Almost 25 years after leading protest on campus over the merging of the School of Fine Arts into the school of Arts and Sciences, the recently re-announced Independent School of Fine Arts will be named after him!

View attachment 17565

Bozeman seemed like a good, humble guy who differed attention received to more worthy things. Not everyone does things "loud." He lived and died with dignity. And it's Hubman's alma mater so, respects. But geez, guy's gotta die to get his way? Seems extreme. Nice tribute and connection to Bozeman. Article poorly written, no photos of Rashad. Thanks Hubman!
Not sure he had to die, but it may have helped the cause,,, and I agree we could always use more photos of Phylicia Rashad, to that point :

1622061419693.png

1622062677708.png

As for the article my strongest take away is a quote from a contemporary of Bozeman's at Howard, Ta-Nehisi Coates :

“The message that this really sends to me — especially for young people who think things are not going the way they think they should go at some point — is you just never know how it’s gonna come back, so, stick with it. Some fights are long and this was a near-25 year fight."

Last edited:

View attachment 17565

Dang...liked that guy...didn't realize he was a racist.

I just read the article. There is absolutely nothing racist in the article, nor was race brought up. Nothing Hubman posted had anything to do with race.

yeah but that wouldn't get Hubman's goat, which we found out in the girl's bb forum, is racist. That's a longer story.