Bishop McCort to meet Graham in dual at Covelli

He’s just some scrub, that is a 2xSC, S32 placer, IM placer, has over 20 top 20 nationally ranked wins in his 2 years in high school, is committed to NC State on a full ride. You know just some bum you cant in a bracket, nothing to see there.
Oh I see him now at 8th place. Sounds like you follow him pretty good.

Far from elite... 😒
I mean if I had a $1 for every Ohio "Elite" wrestler in the past that actually won Ironman or at least top 3, or were MULTIPLE top 3 placers I could head over to Flemings for a Surf and Turf dinner including a nice Cabernet and 25% tip 🤷‍♂️ . Those other 7 guys musta been monsters!

You've never tipped over 15% in your life...:sneaky:
You're good at an occasional Zinger I'll hand it to you. ;) Actually Holidays always 25%, then minimum round up the the next dollar amount the rest of the year higher than 20%. Tradesman usually tip very well. Also slip a $50.00 to a couple of my favorites at one of the several restaurants my Buddies own. They've got some serious talent bartending.

I mean if I had a $1 for every Ohio "Elite" wrestler in the past that actually won Ironman or at least top 3, or were MULTIPLE top 3 placers I could head over to Flemings for a Surf and Turf dinner including a nice Cabernet and 25% tip 🤷‍♂️ . Those other 7 guys musta been
You've never tipped over 15% in your life...:sneaky:
I’m fairly certain he’s the guy that would eat 95% of his dinner, put his own hair in the remaining and call for the manager!

I mean if I had a $1 for every Ohio "Elite" wrestler in the past that actually won Ironman or at least top 3, or were MULTIPLE top 3 placers I could head over to Flemings for a Surf and Turf dinner including a nice Cabernet and 25% tip 🤷‍♂️ . Those other 7 guys musta been monsters!
A grown man talking had about a kid who’s ranked top ten in the country is insane. Grow up and stay in your place.

I find the McCort kids very intriguing theater. It is a young team. They are all different styles from a technical standpoint. It can't be just "a couple Dads" teaching them. And there like 8-9 kids on that team that will probably wrestle D1 in college. but amongst the top guys--Bassett, Forrest, Gibson, Miller, Magro (all Ironman placers I think) they are distinct. Bassett is all pressure and pace. Gibson is all power and athleticism. Forrest is length, speed and flexibility. Miller is pure speed counter wrestler. Magro--pretty standard athlete, very gritty style. The only common thread I see is their volume of hard work--which has become legendary. How will that serve them long term? I hear Gibson is already pretty beat up. Will the kids hold up physically and mentally? Will their desire fade before they get to college?
This young team finished 5th at ironman. They have like 8-9 underclassmen and appear to be a force in the making. The high level Ohio teams should be thankful they are on the other side of the PA border....but I know I will be watching with interest.
It's club wrestling that has made it's way into HS wrestling. They all train with Young Guns Wrestling Club (or at least did). If you have a problem with them competing in PIAA that's fair, if you have a problem with them working as hard as they do at this age you have a problem with Stellar, Askren, M2, and hundreds of other clubs out there. (I don't think it's you that has the problem with them)

It's club wrestling that has made it's way into HS wrestling. They all train with Young Guns Wrestling Club (or at least did). If you have a problem with them competing in PIAA that's fair, if you have a problem with them working as hard as they do at this age you have a problem with Stellar, Askren, M2, and hundreds of other clubs out there. (I don't think it's you that has the problem with them)
correct I don’t have a problem with it—I don’t judge. I just am curious how it will work out in the long run. But I am familiar with the McCort kids and I know Young Guns and M2 quite well. As dedicated as those clubs are—the McCort kids go WELL beyond what the club kids are doing. You don’t have to look hard to see how hard and often they work—it is fairly well documented. I wish them the best—Bo and Mason in particular both seem like very good kids.

correct I don’t have a problem with it—I don’t judge. I just am curious how it will work out in the long run. But I am familiar with the McCort kids and I know Young Guns and M2 quite well. As dedicated as those clubs are—the McCort kids go WELL beyond what the club kids are doing. You don’t have to look hard to see how hard and often they work—it is fairly well documented. I wish them the best—Bo and Mason in particular both seem like very good kids.
From what I can tell it seems like a lot of the top kids are doing the same thing the McCort guys are just more organized about it and like you mentioned it's well documented. Knox, Rath, Davino, Mirasola's, etc. don't stop with club/HS practice.

It's an interesting thought especially with what we've seen from the covid year and 7 year college careers. I've heard plenty of guys who say college wrestling is easier than HS was, which is probably not a good thing. You also have to debate on redshirting a kid because now their true freshman year might be better than their RS senior year if burnout is an issue. I'm rooting for the McCort guys (unless they go to Iowa) because they do seem like good kids and good ambassadors for the sport.

I've heard plenty of guys who say college wrestling is easier than HS was, which is probably not a good thing.
I heard Nolf say similar things in an interview, but then he went on to explain that it was easier because he was more mature, smarter, focused on things in college that he wasn't in HS, like time management, nutrition, scheduling etc. There isn't a HS stud out there who believes that the competition is easier (not that I think you were saying that).
A sixteen year old kid no matter how focused and tuned in, is still a sixteen year old kid (save for Gable and Kemp of course). 😶

Graham isn't what they used to be, still good, just not the big powerhouse.

As for Dads, lot of high schools have MULTIPLE Dads on the staff still coaching their kids. Amazing. Turn your kids over to the coaches and get in the bleachers.

As for Dads, lot of high schools have MULTIPLE Dads on the staff still coaching their kids. Amazing. Turn your kids over to the coaches and get in the bleachers.
Graham wasn't even top 30 at Ironman, of course they're not even close to their top seasons. "Good" ? There is a plethora of "Good teams" . Some of the Graham cheerleaders just aren't willing to face that reality. Situations like David Taylors and the domino effect of good transfers heading to Graham likely will never happen again in the same way, there are club teams as mentioned above and more and more training facilities for wrestlers these days negating the necessity of moving across country to attend a camp with the ambition of then transferring to that school. All the stars were aligned for Graham in their heyday, some of the other top teams were down some from their stellar years also.

I heard Nolf say similar things in an interview, but then he went on to explain that it was easier because he was more mature, smarter, focused on things in college that he wasn't in HS, like time management, nutrition, scheduling etc. There isn't a HS stud out there who believes that the competition is easier (not that I think you were saying that).
A sixteen year old kid no matter how focused and tuned in, is still a sixteen year old kid (save for Gable and Kemp of course). 😶
As I've said before the ELITE High schoolers ( Multi state champs, Ironman champs Multi x finalists, Fargo Champs or top 3 ) are the SAME guys winning NCAA Championships or becoming multiple AA'S in college MOST of the time. It really becomes which of those ELITE decides to continue to put wrestling as #1 and improve and continue to be elite. Sure some of you KH's will say ..." this guy took 6th and 7th in West Virginia states and won NCAA'S!..and he never placed at Fargo!" but the truth is that is less than 5% of the college elite, and basically happens because some of the better High Schoolers just don't have the desire anymore, not that hard to understand those of us that know the commitment it takes to compete at this sport and succeed. What "burn out" really translates to those elite high schoolers that don't reach the top of that next level is lack of desire and commitment, whether it's a girlfriend, not being able to juggle academics and training, partying more and having fun..........or just moving on with life putting education first and a job and a family.

Looks like they have around 10 on the roster. Should probably win even if they forfeit a few.
They had 11 at Ironman and they were missing 113, 215 and 285. They finished 5th with 11 guys. Only .5 points behind St Ed's who had 13.

106 DNP
120 DNP
126 2nd
132 7th
138 1st
144 3rd
150 DNP
157 7th Beat Eugene Harney for 7th 3-1
165 DNP
175 DNP
190 DNP

Every circumstance is different--I try not to judge from afar. One story years ago that stands out to me was I overheard a conversation matside once. A spectator Dad from one team asked a kid on another team he must have known from youth or something--"do you really like having your Dad still in your corner?" Kid looks at the guy angrily and says "yeah--he has cancer and I want him behind me as long as he can." That guy slinked away quietly.
Lot of high schools need the help and can't attract assistants with enough money. Certainly there some menace Dad coaches around...but there are also many others that are a positive influence and are needed help--especially on tournament day. There are a few coach Dads that can be a negative influence. But absent that, like I said, I DON'T JUDGE.

Graham has beaten St Eds many times in the last 5 -10 years..
For many of years Graham’s Jordan wouldn’t touch a dual with St Eds with a 10 foot pole. Then when some of his campers travelled across the country or state and open enrollment bestowed him with David Taylor etc etc. he wouldn’t end up with egg on his face. But after the 58-9 beat down and this year wont be much different i dont see Graham as being a national contender anytime soon.

For many of years Graham’s Jordan wouldn’t touch a dual with St Eds with a 10 foot pole. Then when some of his campers travelled across the country or state and open enrollment bestowed him with David Taylor etc etc. he wouldn’t end up with egg on his face. But after the 58-9 beat down and this year wont be much different i dont see Graham as being a national contender anytime soon.
A 10ft pole? They started the dual in what 03?

Sounds like someone has some SPG distain! Acts like no one moves into Eds😂
Not at all just calling a spade a spade, I personally know Jordan refused dual meet invites late 90's. Well it's a private school so it's kind of supposed to have people from other areas🤷‍♂️ Very few wrestlers have come out of state to compete for St Ed's.