Bishop McCort to meet Graham in dual at Covelli

I did send him an email about SPG being D2 out of "7 divisions in ohsaa," explaining how that's football and there's only 3 divisions for wrestling. I don't know if he edited it or not, it's behind a pay wall for me now lol. It sounded so Georgia.

And technically should read " ... nationally ranked teams on Dec. 21 at the Ohio State University. " 😎
JJ will be there regardless,coaching dem St.P boys how to get up n out!

More recruiting genius from coach TR. If I'm not mistaken, NONE of the McCort studs have committed. Of course you can't recruit this time of year, however you can host a dual at your new facility! I'm sure to be a gracious host, they will have full access to all of The Jennings entities in case they need to shed a couple pounds. Oh, and I'm also sure Coach Bill Bassett and staff will be made nice and comfortable for their stay. Oh and make free so there's a big crowd to add to how cool the Covelli is... well done 👏👏👏

More recruiting genius from coach TR. If I'm not mistaken, NONE of the McCort studs have committed. Of course you can't recruit this time of year, however you can host a dual at your new facility! I'm sure to be a gracious host, they will have full access to all of The Jennings entities in case they need to shed a couple pounds. Oh, and I'm also sure Coach Bill Bassett and staff will be made nice and comfortable for their stay. Oh and make free so there's a big crowd to add to how cool the Covelli is... well done 👏👏👏
You have it all figured out!!!🤡

Possible lineups. Arrow shows Ironman placer.

Graham........................................................................McCort
Graham.png
Mccort.png

Last edited:
Does anyone know if this match will be streamed online and if so where? When this news was first released, I thought I read that it was going to be streamed, now I can't seem to find where? I'd like for our club wrestlers to watch the match in place of today's practice.

Does anyone know if this match will be streamed online and if so where? When this news was first released, I thought I read that it was going to be streamed, now I can't seem to find where? I'd like for our club wrestlers to watch the match in place of today's practice.
There is another thread that has the link. Yes its being streamed, by McCort.

There is another thread that has the link. So yes its being streamed.

You're my hero! Thank you!

Mccort is basically a couple dads coaching just happen to have 3 wrestlers who almost never lose. Not even sure they have a full team, which is why they likely won’t accept or seek to wrestle duals against national elite teams , they would get slapped around at most weights. They’ll be at ironman but are no threat to win it, but i am looking forward to the Forrrest / Blaze rematch which currently favors Forrest .
how did that dual look.....

Bishop McCort 40 - Graham 25

150-Melvin Miller, BM, forfeit.
157-Devon Magro, BM, maj. dec. Eli Jacks, 9-1.
165-Owen McMullen, BM, dec. Bryce Kohler, 10-5.
175-Gunner Cramblett, G, dec. Jackson Butler, 5-2.
190-Chett Mannier, G, medical forfeit over C.J. Pensiero.
215-Danny Hoke, G, maj. dec. Marquez Gordon, 10-2.
285-Jordan Butler, BM, maj. dec. Wyatt Kaemmerer, 14-4.
106-Jake Landis, G, forfeit.
113-Aeden Root, G, dec. Daelon Britt, 7-3.
120-Lincoln Sledzianowski, BM, pinned Elijah Rowe, no time reported.
126-Jax Forrest, BM, pinned Blaine Demarco, no time reported.
132-Mason Gibson, BM, tech. fall Micah Krieger, 22-7.
138-Bo Bassett, BM, pinned Hayden Hughes, no time reported.
144-Brogan Tucker, G, dec. Sam Herring, 6-5.

Graham defeated Bishop McCort 39-23 in junior high.

Bishop McCort 40 - Graham 25

150-Melvin Miller, BM, forfeit.
157-Devon Magro, BM, maj. dec. Eli Jacks, 9-1.
165-Owen McMullen, BM, dec. Bryce Kohler, 10-5.
175-Gunner Cramblett, G, dec. Jackson Butler, 5-2.
190-Chett Mannier, G, medical forfeit over C.J. Pensiero.
215-Danny Hoke, G, maj. dec. Marquez Gordon, 10-2.
285-Jordan Butler, BM, maj. dec. Wyatt Kaemmerer, 14-4.
106-Jake Landis, G, forfeit.
113-Aeden Root, G, dec. Daelon Britt, 7-3.
120-Lincoln Sledzianowski, BM, pinned Elijah Rowe, no time reported.
126-Jax Forrest, BM, pinned Blaine Demarco, no time reported.
132-Mason Gibson, BM, tech. fall Micah Krieger, 22-7.
138-Bo Bassett, BM, pinned Hayden Hughes, no time reported.
144-Brogan Tucker, G, dec. Sam Herring, 6-5.

Graham defeated Bishop McCort 39-23 in junior high.
Nice win by Tucker. Crazy that Graham gets 4 non forfeit wins and 2 of them were by Root at 113( he has to be able to make 106 pretty easily right?) and Hoke. Real nice wins by them.

Man, do you ever give it a rest? Why so angry all the time?

It was a good dual. Got to see some great wrestlers and some good matches from other kids. Glad i went.
I find the McCort kids very intriguing theater. It is a young team. They are all different styles from a technical standpoint. It can't be just "a couple Dads" teaching them. And there like 8-9 kids on that team that will probably wrestle D1 in college. but amongst the top guys--Bassett, Forrest, Gibson, Miller, Magro (all Ironman placers I think) they are distinct. Bassett is all pressure and pace. Gibson is all power and athleticism. Forrest is length, speed and flexibility. Miller is pure speed counter wrestler. Magro--pretty standard athlete, very gritty style. The only common thread I see is their volume of hard work--which has become legendary. How will that serve them long term? I hear Gibson is already pretty beat up. Will the kids hold up physically and mentally? Will their desire fade before they get to college?
This young team finished 5th at ironman. They have like 8-9 underclassmen and appear to be a force in the making. The high level Ohio teams should be thankful they are on the other side of the PA border....but I know I will be watching with interest.

I find the McCort kids very intriguing theater. It is a young team. They are all different styles from a technical standpoint. It can't be just "a couple Dads" teaching them. And there like 8-9 kids on that team that will probably wrestle D1 in college. but amongst the top guys--Bassett, Forrest, Gibson, Miller, Magro (all Ironman placers I think) they are distinct. Bassett is all pressure and pace. Gibson is all power and athleticism. Forrest is length, speed and flexibility. Miller is pure speed counter wrestler. Magro--pretty standard athlete, very gritty style. The only common thread I see is their volume of hard work--which has become legendary. How will that serve them long term? I hear Gibson is already pretty beat up. Will the kids hold up physically and mentally? Will their desire fade before they get to college?
This young team finished 5th at ironman. They have like 8-9 underclassmen and appear to be a force in the making. The high level Ohio teams should be thankful they are on the other side of the PA border....but I know I will be watching with interest.
Good post....and a lot of the chest thumpers wont call you out because you fed it to them like a banana cream pie. Exactly burn out is real when you work 17 year old sophomores like dogs.