Bishop Fenwick 2021 Football Thread (Road to Redemption)

BabeCupps

Moderated User
Fenwick Football Fans, Fenwick Football Players, Fenwick Football Dads, GCL Enthusiasts this thread is for you.

I don’t know WTF last year was but that isn’t in the DNA of our program. Lets talk about coaching. Lets talk about players returning. Lets talk about schedule. Lets talk about REDEMPTION.

I want the opportunity to wear my HS football letter jacket with pride at high school reunions.

Side Note- Every player in the program better be doubling down in the weight room and on training this off season unless you like embarrassing yourselves on Friday Nights.

Fenwicks freshman classes have been down for 5-6 years, multiple years where they didn't field a team. I think until that gets fixed there will be some lean years ahead.

That is very problematic! What is the reason for this you think? Is Fenwick not getting as many students enrolled? Do we have any playmakers returning?

I can't speak for last year, but the previous two years their JV squad was not competitive. It sounds like there is some optimism with the new coach and staff. Hopefully they are given time to build things back up.

I've heard nothing but good things about the new staff. HOWEVER, he's going to need some talent to right the ship. Hopefully they got a coach that will stay around for a few years get some continuity going again.

I've heard nothing but good things about the new staff. HOWEVER, he's going to need some talent to right the ship. Hopefully they got a coach that will stay around for a few years get some continuity going again.
Heard a rumor we may be seeing some Wing-T again?

Incoming Freshmen Katus (sp?) Little is who they are hoping is ready to be the QB. The JV QB was a soph and is very athletic, but it was only his 1st year ever playing the position. No QB in the current Fr or Jr classes. Returning transfer from Madison is another possibility

Incoming Freshmen Katus (sp?) Little is who they are hoping is ready to be the QB. The JV QB was a soph and is very athletic, but it was only his 1st year ever playing the position. No QB in the current Fr or Jr classes. Returning transfer from Madison is another possibility

Wait that sounds like some bright news...so we have a stud incoming freshman coming in? Whats his first and last name? What’s the first and last name of the Sophomore athletic QB. If we are going to be running the wing T QB athleticism is a plus. It will be interesting to see what some of the other boosters have to say in here

Didn't he hire a bunch of assistant coaches from Waynesville? They will know spread option much better than wing-t. Interesting to see which direction he goes.

Hooks concentrating on basketball. Bradshaw you would think would be workhouse if healthy. Little incoming Fr. Daley is Jr To be QB.

Wait so hooks is tapping on Football? Terrible decision someone needs to talk some sense into the kid. Developing the QBs into the system is going to be big

Fenwicks freshman classes have been down for 5-6 years, multiple years where they didn't field a team. I think until that gets fixed there will be some lean years ahead.
One of the main reasons for the decline in numbers for freshmen football was Middletown John XXIII dropping their entire football program 4-5 years ago. They have always supplied the most students to Fenwick. Not sure how they can solve that situation.

The last year of the John 23/Holy Family football team, they were very good. They beat Alter, CJ, LaSalle feeder teams. When Snively left, all the boys went to other schools. I believe those boys would have been seniors this year and I don't think but maybe one or two played for Fenwick. The school not supporting Snively led to this decline.

Wait so hooks is tapping on Football? Terrible decision someone needs to talk some sense into the kid. Developing the QBs into the system is going to be big
As a Soph received significant minutes on a senior laden basketball team. Most likely the go to person next year vs. playing Wr on a run oriented team without a Qb that can pass, where there is a significant void of talent and numbers in the lower 3 classes, while possessing average speed. Sounds like the kid made an extremely sensible decision.

As a Soph received significant minutes on a senior laden basketball team. Most likely the go to person next year vs. playing Wr on a run oriented team without a Qb that can pass, where there is a significant void of talent and numbers in the lower 3 classes, while possessing average speed. Sounds like the kid made an extremely sensible decision.

not so fast!

Attachments

• 7C75D807-4009-486A-A726-7A6EA0F174CE.png
    7C75D807-4009-486A-A726-7A6EA0F174CE.png
    690.4 KB · Views: 43