Birds and other Animals

Bucket list trip starting next week - we're taking our boys on an African Safari. 8 days in Botswana on safari, a couple days at Victoria Falls and 4 nights at a beach resort in Mozambique. Longest trip I've ever taken - it's a graduation celebration for our oldest before he starts "real life" and begins working full time. :)

Bucket list trip starting next week - we're taking our boys on an African Safari. 8 days in Botswana on safari, a couple days at Victoria Falls and 4 nights at a beach resort in Mozambique. Longest trip I've ever taken - it's a graduation celebration for our oldest before he starts "real life" and begins working full time. :)
Have fun and see the World.

This bum never leaves his porch
IMG_7095.jpeg

Common Watersnakes "may inhabit just about any permanent body of water" and are found in about half of Ohio's counties.

Lake Erie Watersnakes, a subspecies, are found on 15 islands in the western basin and on Marblehead.

They are not poisonous but will bite "viciously."
I’m convinced I would never be able to spot a snake in a natural setting.

Last edited:
Walked out the Huron Pier today to see a Roseate Tern, an endangered species. The only other one I've seen was off Key West. This bird likely flew in from the northeast, somewhere between Long Island and Nova Scotia.

Walked out the Huron Pier today to see a Roseate Tern, an endangered species. The only other one I've seen was off Key West. This bird likely flew in from the northeast, somewhere between Long Island and Nova Scotia.
We have a Black Bird with a white head hanging around. :)

Last fall we had an open carport awning installed over our RV at our campsite. Didn't anticipate how attractive the inside of it is to sparrows. Spent two days this year stuffing pool noodles in their favorite spot (the inside of the gable).

Then they started aiming for the long ridge along the side where it meets the roof. Spent another two days last week installing these plastic spiked strips. Amazingly, one of them actually got up there and perched on top of the spikes, but he couldn't move for five minutes. Finally got himself out of there without disemboweling himself.

Now they're eyeing the same ridge across the end section. Saw two of them actually attempt the wild thing on the one-inch rail but they couldn't keep their balance. We're going to install the spikes there next week to see if they're into masochism.