Big 10 Cancel Football

runohio

The Big 10 conference became the first in the Power 5 to cancel its 2020 football season on Monday, the Detroit Free Press reported. Facing concerns over the COVID-19 pandemic, the league’s presidents voted 12-2 to not play fall sports, according to the report — with only Nebraska and Iowa voting to play, Dan Patrick reported on his radio show.

There are new reports to the contrary. Pete Thamel and others are reporting no official vote has been taken as yet.

The Big Ten Conference has decided to cancel fall sports...

More likely a postponement to spring, at least for the ball sports.

So to review - college sports deemed too hazardous, fall season shut down(you can bet the remainder of the major conferences will follow Big 10 lead). Meanwhile, at least in Ohio, the same sports are full speed ahead for children.

Makes sense...

More likely a postponement to spring, at least for the ball sports.

So to review - college sports deemed too hazardous, fall season shut down(you can bet the remainder of the major conferences will follow Big 10 lead). Meanwhile, at least in Ohio, the same sports are full speed ahead for children.

Makes sense...
Boo! Did I scare you?

If you don't see that disconnect I can't help you. If it's safe enough for high school kids it's safe enough for college age adults.

Dewine and Husted are only thinking about private schools right now and letting this go on for a few more weeks. Let these parents that send their kids to a private to play a sport pay their tuition for the fist quarter and then cancel in early September. More than 1/2 the students that attend private schools mostly for sports/band thinking they get the upper edge (or to be around good influences). If no sports and remote learning you negate both those privileges.

I am hoping I'm speculating but it seems obvious. Husted: Alter/UD grad. Dewine: privatization as a major talking point since the mid 90.