Biden Proposes 44.6% capital gains tax???

Still waiting for Biden and any other progressive to show where they voluntarily paid more taxes to the government than they were required by law.

Would be a great example to set for all those evil corporations and "rich people" that don't pay their "fair share", wouldn't it?

The back story:

I think this is a case of proposing something extreme when they are willing to accept something less to achieve their policy goals. That and its better than taxing unrealized capital gains.

Capital gains taxation is always open to high taxation threats under progressive class warfare tactics. The premise being those earnings come from the sweat of others.
Why are you sorta-kinda defending this criminal rate?

Not defending any rate, just offering some historical background on the rationale behind capital gains taxation being treated differently from ordinary income.
Huh... sounded like you weren't in favor of this economy-killing rate, but were ok with something slightly less. Like that's going to help investments, growth, etc.

Huh... sounded like you weren't in favor of this economy-killing rate, but were ok with something slightly less. Like that's going to help investments, growth, etc.
We're so tribal that introducing neutral context = being a cheerleader? Sheesh.

We're so tribal that introducing neutral context = being a cheerleader? Sheesh.
True conservatives are against any tax rate increases and should “cheerlead” rate reductions at all times.

Pseudo-defending an economy-damaging capital gains tax increase isn’t neutral. Nor is it part of his previously stated outlook.

so just heard a little about this? when did this thought process start with uncle Joe?
Yeah.....the next policy decision Goofy Joe makes during this administration will be the first policy decision Goofy Joe's been involved in during this administration. His Leftist puppet masters, however, are determined to drive our once proud little Republic completely off the cliff. They know every time they go after successful folks it plays well with their useful idiot base, but it always winds up hitting the middle class right between the horns. Mix in the 15 million illegals they've smuggled across the border with their now complete war on coal and fossil fuels, and it is almost as if they are determined to hamstring the most robust economy in world history. Gotta' be intentional, even the Lefty's could not be this stupid.

Yeah.....the next policy decision Goofy Joe makes during this administration will be the first policy decision Goofy Joe's been involved in during this administration. His Leftist puppet masters, however, are determined to drive our once proud little Republic completely off the cliff. They know every time they go after successful folks it plays well with their useful idiot base, but it always winds up hitting the middle class right between the horns. Mix in the 15 million illegals they've smuggled across the border with their now complete war on coal and fossil fuels, and it is almost as if they are determined to hamstring the most robust economy in world history. Gotta' be intentional, even the Lefty's could not be this stupid.
They have complete confidence in the fake news now, too. They are making policy changes that will take a fact right after the election that are horrible in plain sight, and they know that they are not going to be addressed in the news properly.

Joe’s turning off the energy tap already.

Democrats are in need of wholesale dismissal

I think this is a case of proposing something extreme when they are willing to accept something less to achieve their policy goals. That and its better than taxing unrealized capital gains.
If they genuinely want to close tax loopholes, great. But the policy without doing that would be a disaster for small businesses and an upward transfer of wealth. To almost all publicly held companies the capital gains are a rounding error.

8o6xfk.jpg

They have complete confidence in the fake news now, too. They are making policy changes that will take a fact right after the election that are horrible in plain sight, and they know that they are not going to be addressed in the news properly.

Joe’s turning off the energy tap already.

Democrats are in need of wholesale dismissal

Everybody realizes that we do not have a free press watchdog in this country. Everybody knows that the MSM is merely the Leftists propaganda spin machine. However, only the wilfully ignorant are unaware of the disaster that is our southern border, rampant inflation, sky high interest rates, the weaponization of our criminal justice system against political opponents, and last but certainly not least the attempt to normalize every deviant and perverse behavior as perfectly acceptable......Every four years for the last three decades we trot out the slogan "Most important election in our lifetime". Yeah, well this November that is absolutely the case. If the normal folks stay home, and the RINO's allow the Leftists to pull the same crap they pulled in 2020, then shame on us.

realize that America has a whole bunch of GRUBERS!!!!!
Makes one think that the radicals who control Team Biden are purposely pursuing policies to create a crashed economy. The old create a crisis that requires a government solution, keeping in mind said solutions increase dependence upon and power of the government.

Makes one think that the radicals who control Team Biden are purposely pursuing policies to create a crashed economy. The old create a crisis that requires a government solution, keeping in mind said solutions increase dependence upon and power of the government.
SO something what Biden..............( i really wonder if he has a idea that this is being looked into?)......... is trying to do is just wrong in my eyes.... but would love the democrats on here to come on here and explain why this is a good thing for America.... and this has NOTHING to do with TRUMP.

why would Americans be for this????

If they genuinely want to close tax loopholes, great. But the policy without doing that would be a disaster for small businesses and an upward transfer of wealth. To almost all publicly held companies the capital gains are a rounding error.
Corporations(C corps) do not get preferential capital gains rates ….. so I’m not following the rounding error comment?

Corporations(C corps) do not get preferential capital gains rates ….. so I’m not following the rounding error comment?
I mean it doesn't matter to them -- there's always more investment to be had. Not the same for a company with 50 employees usually dependent upon one owner. The thresholds are low.

I mean it doesn't matter to them -- there's always more investment to be had. Not the same for a company with 50 employees usually dependent upon one owner. The thresholds are low.
The rounding error threw me. It sounded like you didn’t under stand the basic tax law that applies to Corps from your comment

No actually large corps and IPOs depend on favorable capital gains rates and carried interest rules in the capital formation process much more than small corps

I am all in favor of low capital gains tax … if it goes both ways … people should not get to carry over net losses to the next year or next ten years to avoid paying taxes during that time … for example, let’s say a guy named Donny lost $700 million in 2009 … he should not get to carry that net loses over for the next ten years or so to avoid paying taxes for ten years … just my opinion.

I am all in favor of low capital gains tax … if it goes both ways … people should not get to carry over net losses to the next year or next ten years to avoid paying taxes during that time … for example, let’s say a guy named Donny lost $700 million in 2009 … he should not get to carry that net loses over for the next ten years or so to avoid paying taxes for ten years … just my opinion.
Well actually there is no limit on capital loss carryover. The period is indefinite
You may be referring operating losses. An entirely different topic
And Jeff Bezos and other entrepreneurs would disagree. The inability to deduct start up losses would stymie investment and investment in companies like say. Apple. Amazon.

Well actually there is no limit on capital loss carryover. The period is indefinite
You may be referring operating losses. An entirely different topic
And Jeff Bezos and other entrepreneurs would disagree. The inability to deduct start up losses would stymie investment and investment in companies like say. Apple. Amazon.
Amazon didn’t show a profit for years at the beginning