Best Player From X since 2000

St.X is awesome

im just wondering what you guys think has been the player since the start of the 2000 season.......mine im not sure but im just gonna say that it is Darius

How do you judge "best player"? Greatest athlete? Largest effect on the team? Most personal success on the field?

There are different answers for all of these.

Well, I was thinking of him, actually. He had a huge effect on the team, had a lot of success on the field, and was a good athlete... but he was only good HS athlete. There are other athletes, like Ashley or Schoenhoft or Albright, who are having/will have more success on the next level.

Well, I was thinking of him, actually. He had a huge effect on the team, had a lot of success on the field, and was a good athlete... but he was only good HS athlete. There are other athletes, like Ashley or Schoenhoft or Albright, who are having/will have more success on the next level.

He will have 0 success on the college level, unless you're counting riding the bench. My vote goes to Sherrer

He will have 0 success on the college level, unless you're counting riding the bench. My vote goes to Sherrer

haha, brutal. You never know though. I would never wish injury on anyone (especially the starting QB of my beloved Buckeyes) but as the 2nd string QB, he is one awkward tackle at the knees away from being the starter. Remember, when Troy Smith came to Ohio State, he was a back up too. (I'm obviously not trying to draw skill or playing style parallels between Robby and Troy, but just that both were/are back ups.)

Objectively speaking, being the #2 QB at OSU is a pretty high level of success in itself. I mean, neither Fred Craig nor Darius Ashley have an OSU offer.

(But really I was just trying to list some athletes who got attention at the next level)

Hmm..if this is just football, there's definitely been some absolutely dominant players.

From '01 - Mooney and Kyle Ralph are up there as dominant players, then some others that come to mind the next few years are Nick Larkin at DE/LB, Brad Scheidt at LB, Brandon Bryant at LB, Albright at DE, and then Darius and Fred this year. Brad Scherer exemplifies the perfect high school quarterback (smart, unselfish, leader, cold as ice under pressure), but I wouldn't say he was the best player of the last 7 years. Don't get me wrong though, I have ridiculous respect for what he did in '05

Brandon Bryant used to be disgusting. He would break through the line so easily. Both him and Albright always had that ability to put maximum pressure on teams offenses. Both of them are faring pretty well in college too.

Brad should get some credit though. His play was at a very high caliber during the 2006 season and he was the x-factor that our offense was desperately needing to win state. We were much less one dimensional with his play.

its gotta be Scherer, he led X to their first state championship. thats gotta give him something.

Also, i understand that this isnt a duo or players thing, but the combo of fred craig and lou miller during the 05 season was one of the best showings of atheletic and fast rovers/linebackers ive ever seen. they did more for that team on D i think people know.

I have to go with Brandon Bryant....best pure athlete X has had in pads since Rocky Boiman in my opinion. Simply a freak....I think he ended up with something like 19.5 sacks his senior year. You could hear his hits from the cheering section over the cheering.

I'd say either Mooney or Darius.

...with the way Milligan has been playing these first 3 weeks he could very well end up being the best player. He's been the go to guy on special teams since his sophomore year and can also play WR and return punts like no other.

I'd say either Mooney or Darius.

...with the way Milligan has been playing these first 3 weeks he could very well end up being the best player. He's been the go to guy on special teams since his sophomore year and can also play WR and return punts like no other.

Milligan is the Cincy POY thru the first 3 weeks.... IMO. He shortens the field for X with his kicking/ punting like nobody in HS that I've seen. Every team starts from the 20 v X after a score..... that is a given. But if you guys are on your own 35 on 4th down, he can put it inside the other teams 20. 3 plays later they are punting and the kid punts for 35 yards, but Milligan returns it 20 yards. So now you are at their 35. 4 plays and you gain 30 yards............... makes a lot easier to score with a short field. Not to mention that he's playing WR like Fred Biletnikoff...... without the stickum, of course.

Was going retro with until I re-read the first post. This is from an outsider looking in from Colerain but I hope you guys don't mind.

Mike Marshall
Dana Bible
Greg Jones
Mark Schmerge
Lemar Marshall

etc.

Since 2000 the best true player if not a D1 prospect was Scherer.

In my opinion he was the MVP in 2005. He never panicked. He made key plays and above all protected the football.

He reminds me of Elder's Flories. Both made their teams better.

Milligan is the Cincy POY thru the first 3 weeks.... IMO. He shortens the field for X with his kicking/ punting like nobody in HS that I've seen. Every team starts from the 20 v X after a score..... that is a given. But if you guys are on your own 35 on 4th down, he can put it inside the other teams 20. 3 plays later they are punting and the kid punts for 35 yards, but Milligan returns it 20 yards. So now you are at their 35. 4 plays and you gain 30 yards............... makes a lot easier to score with a short field. Not to mention that he's playing WR like Fred Biletnikoff...... without the stickum, of course.

Milligan lacks discipline! If he were really that good of an athlete he would be playing a defensive position too. Perhaps corner or safety where he might actually keep a team (or two, or three, or maybe every team we face this year) from throwing up 90 yard touchdown bombs against us. The Good Lord Himself would have trouble helping out our secondary. If Danny Milligan had a team attitude or a real passion for the game, he wouldn't waddle off to the sidelines to take his beauty rest while the defense goes out there and plays their -----e$ off. Start bringing your "A" game Mr. Milligan. And if you really cared, you would get some extra sleep during the evenings to add some extra inches in height. How selfish can you get...

Milligan lacks discipline! If he were really that good of an athlete he would be playing a defensive position too. Perhaps corner or safety where he might actually keep a team (or two, or three, or maybe every team we face this year) from throwing up 90 yard touchdown bombs against us. The Good Lord Himself would have trouble helping out our secondary. If Danny Milligan had a team attitude or a real passion for the game, he wouldn't waddle off to the sidelines to take his beauty rest while the defense goes out there and plays their -----e$ off. Start bringing your "A" game Mr. Milligan. And if you really cared, you would get some extra sleep during the evenings to add some extra inches in height. How selfish can you get...

Death to JVMII !!!!! Who's with me?!?!?!