Best Offense in the League?

Yes, Sycamore and Tally will be a great game to watch. Just from the heat of the conversations that have been going on this thread alone it will be an exciting game. But realitically who do you think will win? I would like to hear from Sycamore and Tally kids. But remember... REALISTICALLY!! :)

Talawanda vs. Sycamore series perdictions

Realistically I think both games will be decided by the play of the goalies, if Graves doesn't let in some of the bad goals that he has in the past like the dump-in from the red-line in the championship game last year, i think sycamore has a good chance of winning. If Yeakle can come up big like he has against moeller, beavercreek, and bethal park, i think we have a good chance of winning. Both teams have guys who can score and have solid defense as well, so whichever goalie is hot for that game could be the deciding factor. I think Talawanda will win one 3-2 and the other game will be a tie 3-3. Thats just my opinion though. I also believe that whoever wins this series will end up winning the league this year, these we be great games to be apart of.

I believe sycamore will take the cake this year they just have so much tallent back from last year plus the addition of another strong player with Simon Vincez. He fills the the second center spot for the sycamore offense which leaves sycamore with 2 power forwards for each line. Tally will be at a lose without either of the hoovers and dowler so they are going to struggle with sycamore who is basically a solid senior team with a lot of talent. so i give it to sycamore 5-2 and 4-1 Graves wont get a shutout but he has been working hard this off season and he is showing promise for success this season no red line fluff goals. The other reason i say sycamore wins this match-up when tally played in the summer games they were not able to put the puck past a 5'2 goalie that doesn't have near the talent Graves has. I understand you guys were missing players but watching that game it felt that i was watching a tally team that took a huge blow from last year to this year.

I would tend to have to agree with both of you guys. To Braves91, it could come down to goalies because if Graves has a good game he will let in anywhere from 0-2 goals which, from what it looks like, Sycamore's O can over come with at least 3 goals per game. BUT... if Graves has a bad game and lets in the weak shots then it could be difficult for Sycamore to bounce back because it must be such a momentum switch if he lets in weak goals like in the championship that you mentioned (if thats true). To HocGod, obviously Sycamore's is the favorite in the game. As long as Graves plays well sounds like Sycamore could win.

Yeah ohiohocgod, I can see why you would say that Talawanda isnt gonna be good this year the way we played in the summer scrimmage will state why, but the only guys that we had on the ice were Humfleet and Marks who could score, everyone else except three other guys were freshmen, and for the first half of the game we were up 4-1 when we had Yeakle in net and he has been working his butt of to this summer, he has been able to practice with some of Miami University's players while working there hockey camp and playing Pre/Post this year will really help him out once the season starts, he wont be as good as Dowler, but he will be able to keep the games close for us and once we have our full team back, the games will be closer than you think, these are all things to consider when we actually play, could help or could hurt, we wont know till we drop the puck.

Lets see that happen sychockey33. There is no way your winning both. I'm sorry but it's just not gonna happen I was just beingt nice when I said we would win one and tie one. but realistically Talawanda will win both games and beat you a third time in the league simifinals, and then we will win league for the forth year in a row. Even if you say we are gonna have a rough year, we have all the talent we need to win the league again, we will still be one of the top teams in the league and we will prove it again in the league tournament as our experience will come through as we have 10 guys who have won at least one championship, half that have won two, and two seniors have won three championships, so right there is all you need to know why you will not win both games i'm sorry its nothing against you, but sycamore will not win both games or three if we play in the league tournament.

I guess we will see lol. I can tell your straight forward that you are in for sad couple of games if thats what you think the outcome will be.

Ahhh.. time for another great hockey season once again. I will tell you all that I am so glad that I came on here and found that the arguing has already started! I'm surprised I didn't forget my Yappi password seeing that I took a 9 month break from this wonderful website. But back to buisness...

Word on the street is the only person in the Moeller program who was interested in joining the Columbus league was Reeder. Although the two leagues were not abel to be compared a while back, the similarities between the leagues has been getting closer and closer every to the point where they are virtually the same now a days. That being said, I don't understand why Reeder would put his kids through that torture of driving 2+ hours every weekend this coming year. I hope that one day, SWOHSHL will understand that Moeller made a huge mistake when they come back pleading on their knees.

SWOHSHL... Not really a toss up at all actually, Sycamore is obviously the team to beat. With the leadership of Ashton and the skill of Robinson and Nazek, and the potential of the Slovakian exchange student, I dont see them being stopped at all in SWOHSHL or even on to the Final Four. Talawanda, I had the privilege to watch one of your summer games and those were nothing to be proud about. TALAWANDA POSTERS BEWARE, before you boast about how you guys have more heart than anyone out there please explain to me how this was instilled. I played for Bulter County back in my hay-day and it was nothing different from the CAHA house organization if we are talking about heart. If you're from the Tri-State area, the players with real heart play at Northern Kentucky. The nostalgia of playing on a rink with slanted boards, indented corners, and so much fog that you couldn't see across the neutral zone brings me back!

1. Sycamore

2. Centerville
3. Talawanda

Make good choices,
TheNet:)

Northern Kentucky for shore has the most heart! They even had to get the players to come in on Saturday mornings and help fix up the boards. God only knows how many blades I've broken trying to dig the puck out of the corner!

you have a crappy rink so that means you have more heart? that doesnt mean a thing. just bc butler county/talawanda has the best rink in ohio doesnt mean were soft. were harder working that any team ive seen

Bahahah! Hawkman takes things so literally!Obviously what that Net means by his post is that all you guys talk about is how you have the most heart in the state so therefore you will win in the end.

Hawkman you are ridiculous. Those were just the memories that I have from that place. I have actually played for CAHA, Butler County (The last good team out of there) and NKY and based on experience, there was a lot of heart in all of those teams. But the only players that I ever remember having any kind of heart were Humpfleet and and Yeakle. But regardless of who went where and all of that drama, I think that we can all agree that there is a certain equilibrium of heart in each program. You can't really sit on your computer and say that you and your team has more heart than another team because you don't really know where these other players are coming from and what they truly think and believe.

And hockeygod, please watch your spelling- you spelled talent with two "l's," like it didn't even occur to me that people would do that until i read your post

God is Good,
Rev Run
AKA TheNet

moeller is making a "lateral" move. the columbus district isn't any better than the "swoshl", they've got a few good teams(coffman,jerome,arlington) and many bad teams(worthington,st.charles......)

i hope the powers at be, never let them back into the "swoshl", it will only be a matter of time before they ask to re-join "swoshl". they will soon get tired of traveling 2+ hours for every away game.

Remind me of the last "SWOSHL" regular season or tournament title that they won. (hmm)

A lateral move? it was a easy choice to leave swoshl its not about the talent or skill level of any team there is plenty of talent in sycamore and other swoshl teams. its the fact that there is no growth in hockey in south west ohio hockey the growth in columbus is the reason we changed.

Judging by this weekends Nugs Tourney the exchange student from Slovakia will be the best player for Sycamore.

Congrats to Cincy Pre post for winning the tournament.!

Team Penn Station beat both Dayton midget teams, the nugs and the pre post team form Columbus.

NUGS was and is by far the better team out of all the teams this weekend. cinci prepost is a good team but still not as good as NUGS. When NUGS has their full bench Cinci is nothing

What a Whack Job!

I'll buy the first two and last two as difference makers, but that McClure kid is a total whack job, especially on the bench:party:

Give the Kid a break

C'mon CreekFan give the kid a break! Nut job maybe, but not a TOTAL WHACK job, he is a seasoned keeper - Love to watch him beat the man at the top of the crease in the back of the legs!

Word on the street is the only person in the Moeller program who was interested in joining the Columbus league was Reeder. Although the two leagues were not abel to be compared a while back, the similarities between the leagues has been getting closer and closer every to the point where they are virtually the same now a days. That being said, I don't understand why Reeder would put his kids through that torture of driving 2+ hours every weekend this coming year. I hope that one day, SWOHSHL will understand that Moeller made a huge mistake when they come back pleading on their knees.

That is completly false THE NET- Moeller made the switch because hockey is better in columbus.. Thier is more intrest in hockey up their than there is here in cinci. Why would we be on our knees begging to get back into the league??? SWOSHL isn't a good league.. A league is as good as the top and bottom of the league.. not just the tallys and Sycamores and X's... The other teams in the league are jokes.. This Columbus league has its share of sub par team but i can tell you that they are leaps and bounds better than the teams at the bottom of SWOSHL.. Plues they have a JV league which equals important games for those JV guys.. They need meaningful games to..

so the only reason moeller left is for the jv team? because if your calling the swoshl a sub par league thats stupid, because idk when the last time moeller even won a league championship. and they can make any non-league schedule they want so the only bad games theyd have to play all year is the springboros and alters. so they just moved out of the league so there jv team could pick up a few more games.

Basically, I agree with hawkman. Dublin Scioto was one of the biggest jokes in the area, while Coffman was good. Clearly, there are good teams and bad teams in each league, as with any league. Case in point: the Titans are even considered an NFL team.

sychockey33 just wait til the season starts and you find yourself regretting that statement. Just because we lost six seniors doesnt mean we are gonna have a rough year, we are still gonna have enough talent to win the SWOHSHL again for the fourth year in a row.

I don't think he's regretting his statement...

Lets see that happen sychockey33. There is no way your winning both. I'm sorry but it's just not gonna happen I was just beingt nice when I said we would win one and tie one. but realistically Talawanda will win both games and beat you a third time in the league simifinals, and then we will win league for the forth year in a row. Even if you say we are gonna have a rough year, we have all the talent we need to win the league again, we will still be one of the top teams in the league and we will prove it again in the league tournament as our experience will come through as we have 10 guys who have won at least one championship, half that have won two, and two seniors have won three championships, so right there is all you need to know why you will not win both games i'm sorry its nothing against you, but sycamore will not win both games or three if we play in the league tournament.

I'm practically in tears from my previous comments lol

to sycamore 33 you are curtis robertson quit posting things about yourself to make yourself look good. Sycamore and tally will both be good you make good points but you defend yourself wayy to much which makes your points not even matter. Tally is a good team their goalie coming in is weak but they still have solid players, sycamore is good too but nothing too special wait till the season to start saying s*** about each other cause over the internet doesnt mean anything.

Is now an ok time to say something?