Best food in Ohio

Hamilton Ohio
Pizza: Chester’s, hands down, huge, real cheese, greasy as hell 😂
Burgers: Billy Yanks, I know it’s a chain but darn good. Their fried bologna is off the chain too. Bologna, cheese and crushed up Grippos bbq chips
BBQ: Neals, outstanding, all home made. Started in his backyard and a food truck
Chili dogs: Jollys, Hamilton original for 50 years
And of course Skyline
Almost forgot, Richard’s steak sanwhiches

Last edited:
Fries:
Ohio: Senate Restaurant, Blue Ash
While the Senate Restaurant is far from a hidden gem, due to the national attention it receives, sometimes places are famous because they really are that good. This restaurant is a case in point, as they serve by far the best fries in the Buckeye State. They come either fried in duck fat until rich and golden brown, or decadently drizzled in truffle oil. No matter which fries are ordered, they are almost guaranteed to be life-changing

I‘ve lived in Cincinnati over 20 years. My daughter lived in Blue Ash for awhile and I worked near there at one time. I don’t know where this place is and never heard anyone talk about it. I like to think I get out a bit. Guess I’ll have to try out their fries.🤔
I'm with you on this one! The only well known restaurant I know if in Blue Ash is Blue Ash Chili and they are known mainly for their Ham & Beef double decker.

As for french fries, I'm surprised Pleasant Ridge Chili didn't make the list for Gravy Fries. It's an odd delicacy of French Fries covered in gravy.

I'm with you on this one! The only well known restaurant I know if in Blue Ash is Blue Ash Chili and they are known mainly for their Ham & Beef double decker.

As for french fries, I'm surprised Pleasant Ridge Chili didn't make the list for Gravy Fries. It's an odd delicacy of French Fries covered in gravy.
Is it like a poutine? I'm surprised Ohio restaurants don't do poutine.

1703729296260.png

Is it like a poutine? I'm surprised Ohio restaurants don't do poutine.

View attachment 52044

some try. Not the same without the "sorry" and "eh." I cross over to Windsor. Now I can't scientifically say that the local trys are even a bit different other than measured in oz instead of grams, but sometimes it's the atmosphere.

Maybe it's the norm, I don't have a great sample size but the one I go to, you can pick meat, veggy to add like on a pizza. They grill it al so it's piping hot but the cheese not a melty mess. My favorite is a regular with grilled red peppers.

I know I'll get alot of heat for this but I tried the Swenson's hamburger for the first time about a month ago. I was absolutely shocked they put what tasted like brown sugar on the patties. At first I thought it was a really sweet ketchup that dominated the flavor but was told that this flavor was intentional. I am definitely not a fan.

The food was hot and quickly delivered. Everything else was good. I will still go to Swenson's but the burger won't be on my order from now on.
My spouse is not a fan of the burgers either and is not native to Ohio. They prefer Culvers!

The only Svenson's I've had that I liked was the one in Akron on Cuyahoga Falls Ave north of town. The one in Boardman just doesn't match it. But then, a lot of chains that start expanding everywhere don't live up to the original.

I loved Quaker Steak & Lube in Sharon. The original location. Went many many times. Every single QS&L I've been to that's opened since they spread out has failed to live up to the original, including the Warren, Austintown, and Boardman locations. The Original felt organic and natural. The style and design of every new location feels fake and strange. And the food quality is severely lacking. Though, the original has fallen as well. Getting rid of their lunch buffet really killed one of the big draws the original had for mid-day food. All you-can-eat wings for less than $10? Well worth the stop even when wings were far cheaper than they are today.