Benjamin Logan had to cancel game because of the travel ban

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ben Logan was going to play Jay County, who's so close to Ohio that Fort Recovery is the closest school to them.
It's not like they were going all the way to Terre Haute or Evansville.

Ben Logan was going to play Jay County, who's so close to Ohio that Fort Recovery is the closest school to them.
I think it's the other way around. Fort Recovery is so close to Indiana. ??

Honestly, Ben Logan was going to wipe the field with them. Jay County is just awful. I know Jay County is known as poor, but they have a 4A enrollment (probably puts them D3/D4 enrollment in Ohio). They've been getting whipped by 1A & 2A schools in their own conference (D6/D7 & D5/D6 equivalents).

As for the travel ban/alert, DeWine and Holcomb will personally have to confine me. I've lived on & around the state line my whole life. I will cross the border as I please and when I please to make my livelihood, see my family, and keep livestock flourishing.

I think it's the other way around. Fort Recovery is so close to Indiana. ??

giphy-downsized.gif

Tooo funny.
Our whole work unit in Ohio is still traveling to Indiana, around 75 of us. DeWine is an absolute dee-eye-see-kay.

I thought this was a football forum. Not a whiner forum. Go to some other place and speak your garbage. I am tired of going into of threads and gets highjacked by a bunch of people who disagrees with everything someone does because some orange faced fool feels this way. F'ing Jokes!!

I thought this was a football forum. Not a whiner forum. Go to some other place and speak your garbage. I am tired of going into of threads and gets highjacked by a bunch of people who disagrees with everything someone does because some orange faced fool feels this way. F'ing Jokes!!
Typically I'm with ya, friend. But this thread naturally has the mix of football and Covid in its root topic, unlike normal threads that get shanghaied by someone who wants to rile everyone up.

Holy misinformation, Batman!

There is no ban. It is a travel advisory and a recommendation, not an order. Indiana is 1 of 7 states currently on Ohio's travel advisory list. What it means is that if you travel into Indiana, then you are asked to self-quarantine for 14 days upon returning to Ohio. People who live in Ohio and work in Indiana are exempt.

Hope this helps.

Holy misinformation, Batman!

There is no ban. It is a travel advisory and a recommendation, not an order. Indiana is 1 of 7 states currently on Ohio's travel advisory list. What it means is that if you travel into Indiana, then you are asked to self-quarantine for 14 days upon returning to Ohio. People who live in Ohio and work in Indiana are exempt.

Hope this helps.

Don't confuse them with facts.

Don't confuse them with facts.

I'm tired of it all. I'm tired of people calling other people sheep when they themselves believe every word that their guy says even when there is no evidence to support what their guy says. I'm tired of the most common practice in all of loserism in which one comes up with a derogatory name for a person or situation in order to make himself or herself feel better about the outcome. Sports fans have done it for years: Pittspuke Squealers, Cincinnati Bungles, Baltimore Ratbirds, Dallas Cowgirls, and it's well-embedded in politics these days: The Orangeman, Sleepy Joe, DeWhiner, Kung Flu, Plandemic, etc. Grow up, people!

And to be honest...I think everyone knew there could be issues playing teams from other states. Since a lot of schools went to league only schedules it cut out a majority of these games and wasn't noticed as much. Kinda a Buyer Beware thing. I don't agree with it but these stupid rules come up more than people think. Ohio just recently joined the Single License Plate crowd.

From cincinnati.com:

That being said, it is a recommendation, not a requirement, the Ohio Department of Health said.
"When determining whether you should quarantine, consider the activities engaged in while you were traveling to or through listed states. Did you social distance, wear a mask, and wash or sanitize your hands often? Did you have prolonged, sustained contact with others? For example, stopping for fuel or traveling to an office where social distancing, mask wearing, and hand hygiene are practiced regularly are less risky than going to a restaurant or gathering that does not enforce mask wearing or social distancing," officials said.

Of course, it's easier to scream than to look up the facts.

Status
Not open for further replies.