Benedictine 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, should have asked the father of the young man what his name was, how to spell it, and his first borns name as well. My apologies.

I commented on what I was told by a father of an 8th grader going to LW with another son already at LW.
So that father should have said....I appreciate the efforts but my son will be going to LW to join his older brother....best of luck to you guys

Dont think it would be appropriate honestly the way this has been blown out of proportion.
Then why name John? The better answer would have been I know of a guy from benny but would rather not say who, then it would not as you say been blown out of proportion.

Then why name John? The better answer would have been I know of a guy from benny but would rather not say who, then it would not as you say been blown out of proportion.
Well thats my apologies. Maybe shouldnt have said the name but also didnt think it was appropriate to have someone linked to the school talking about other schools. Did not intend for it to be a massive deal. And for those saying they dont believe it, it was right from the father so say what you would like

Well thats my apologies. Maybe shouldnt have said the name but also didnt think it was appropriate to have someone linked to the school talking about other schools. Did not intend for it to be a massive deal. And for those saying they dont believe it, it was right from the father so say what you would like
This is exactly what I'm talking about. You have no idea what was said, you weren't there. Your friend was, with his son. Knowing John, this is the way it went down. Hey how you doing, talked about Benedictine to the family. They told John that their son is probably is going to attend LW because of the older brother. John probably said, why would you want to go there? Teasing the family. Of course in 2021 everything is as serious as a heart attack. John has ben doing it that way since before most of you have been born. No offense to any school, just the way he teases with people. So now Jackson & HSFN go on Yappi and berate the guy. You don't know the man, so don't comment about the man, on a sports chat page. John would never seriously talk about another school to a parent, administrator, alumni, or clergyman, negatively about their school. Ever.
So before the next time you feel it's your duty to report to the high school sports world about someone or thing. Know the person or thing your talking about personally. Has the guy or girl your talking about been to your home? Have you ate a meal with him? Know the guy and his or her personality from your own experiences. Otherwise in the immortal words of my father. If you have nothing good to say, say nothing at all.

Was really disappointed to hear this and I hope maybe theres not a ton of merit behind it? Frosh coach for the Bengals talking to a recruit's family whose son already goes to Lutheran West....trying to get little brother to flip to Benne.....Dad informed me he came off as arrogant and incredibly rude speaking down on other schools. Burtes or Burtis maybe? I get recruiting and root for tons of NEO teams. Was disappointing to hear.
I can not imagine John Berdisz recruiting in that fashion. I’ve seen him out there and he recruited several kids I’ve known, but always been complimentary in other schools. BENE prides itself in doing this the right way and not speaking down to others. Fans can have their own opinions, but I know our coaches focus on the school and what it offers. Not what other schools do or don’t do.
Are you sure that’s what your coaches always focus on?? Back when my son was playing CYO Fink was the MoB master of badmouthing schools. He took that to Ed’s obviously but perhaps Johnny Boy learned some tricks of the trade.

Are you sure that’s what your coaches always focus on?? Back when my son was playing CYO Fink was the MoB master of badmouthing schools. He took that to Ed’s obviously but perhaps Johnny Boy learned some tricks of the trade.
Yes, I’m sure. Fink is no longer with us. We strive to go about things the right way in this program. We teach these kids they will be interacting with kids from all sorts of schools in just a few years. We do some things better than others while others do some things better than us.

Alot of hot air on this site now. First rule of trying to inspire young men to attend Benedictine is NO PUTTING DOWN OTHER SCHOOLS. Coach John B would NEVER put down other schools. If you're looking for a all boys school with a very good academic tradition and a historically great football history than Benedictine is the place to be. The fact that Benedictine has 8 State Championships in football and LW has ZERO speaks for itself. Benedictine speaks for itself we don't need to put down other schools.

Alot of hot air on this site now. First rule of trying to inspire young men to attend Benedictine is NO PUTTING DOWN OTHER SCHOOLS. Coach John B would NEVER put down other schools. If you're looking for a all boys school with a very good academic tradition and a historically great football history than Benedictine is the place to be. The fact that Benedictine has 8 State Championships in football and LW has ZERO speaks for itself. Benedictine speaks for itself we don't need to put down other schools.
Well the honorable John B did so there goes that. Also maybe you should practice what you preach, father.

Well the honorable John B did so there goes that. Also maybe you should practice what you preach, father.
No he didn't hsfan216. How about minding your own business and stop making up stories about a guy that has had a good reputation with the muni league and cyo as well? You guys make me ill.

Benedictine's QB is hot & cold. Doesn't seem to have good vision down the field. His progression reads are non existent, looking only to the primary target. When he is on, Benedictine scores a ton of points. When he is cold you know the scenario. Last several games he has been in a funk. Hopefully the coaching staff can get him out of it.

Benedictine's QB is hot & cold. Doesn't seem to have good vision down the field. His progression reads are non existent, looking only to the primary target. When he is on, Benedictine scores a ton of points. When he is cold you know the scenario. Last several games he has been in a funk. Hopefully the coaching staff can get him out of it.
Maybe go w the young guy???? Let him sit and observe?

Status
Not open for further replies.