Benedictine 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was really disappointed to hear this and I hope maybe theres not a ton of merit behind it? Frosh coach for the Bengals talking to a recruit's family whose son already goes to Lutheran West....trying to get little brother to flip to Benne.....Dad informed me he came off as arrogant and incredibly rude speaking down on other schools. Burtes or Burtis maybe? I get recruiting and root for tons of NEO teams. Was disappointing to hear.

Was really disappointed to hear this and I hope maybe theres not a ton of merit behind it? Frosh coach for the Bengals talking to a recruit's family whose son already goes to Lutheran West....trying to get little brother to flip to Benne.....Dad informed me he came off as arrogant and incredibly rude speaking down on other schools. Burtes or Burtis maybe? I get recruiting and root for tons of NEO teams. Was disappointing to hear.
I think it might be Berdysz, could be wrong... either way that guys always been a scumbag. did the same to my boy back in the day (first or second stint maybe who can keep track). If you need to dump on the other schools maybe yours is no good????‍♂️?‍♂️?‍♂️

I think it might be Berdysz, could be wrong... either way that guys always been a scumbag. did the same to my boy back in the day (first or second stint maybe who can keep track). If you need to dump on the other schools maybe yours is no good????‍♂️?‍♂️?‍♂️
Not sure of the spelling. But was disappointing to hear. Dad was not impressed by the comments as he is currently paying tuition at the school he was speaking about with distain

First of all. Joh Berdysz is not a scumbag. Secondly. He can talk to 8th graders about attending the school letting them know about the academic advantages of an all boys school. John Berdysz is a 1975 graduate of Benedictine. He is loyal & proud of his alma mater. Nothing wrong with that. For you people to come on here and talk trash about a guy you don't know personally, is par for the course, on this sports blog. I stayed away for the last 3 years because of this type of nonsense. Here we go again. HSFAN sounds like you might be a little jealous that your boys couldn't attend The Home Of Champions! Any time you would like to talk about the advantages of attending Benedictine, the advantages of having a graduate head freshman coach, who understands about traditions, teaching the boys to become Men Of Benedictine, & caring for his players like they were his own. Call Me. I'll be available for you! My name is Greg Findura. Who are you?

First of all. Joh Berdysz is not a scumbag. Secondly. He can talk to 8th graders about attending the school letting them know about the academic advantages of an all boys school. John Berdysz is a 1975 graduate of Benedictine. He is loyal & proud of his alma mater. Nothing wrong with that. For you people to come on here and talk trash about a guy you don't know personally, is par for the course, on this sports blog. I stayed away for the last 3 years because of this type of nonsense. Here we go again. HSFAN sounds like you might be a little jealous that your boys couldn't attend The Home Of Champions! Any time you would like to talk about the advantages of attending Benedictine, the advantages of having a graduate head freshman coach, who understands about traditions, teaching the boys to become Men Of Benedictine, & caring for his players like they were his own. Call Me. I'll be available for you! My name is Greg Findura. Who are you?
I for one didn't speak about the man in any ill manner. I said it was disappointing to hear. To bash other schools while speaking with a family is not what you want to have happen. I am a fan of Benedictine football as well as many other schools. I just like that our area has great football. It was disappointing to hear from a family.

My son is looking for a new team. I heard the “home of champions” will accept anyone with a pulse…do you take fifth years??

Jeff Rotsky burner ALERT ? or VASJ fan ! Try harder !!! Good luck !

Jeff Rotsky burner ALERT ? or VASJ fan ! Try harder !!! Good luck !
Not a burner for JR. Im not a fan of him after the things I have heard this year. I heard from the father of a player in muni championship. Other son goes to LW. The coach was speaking poorly of other schools trying to flip the youngest. I do not believe that is that outrageous of a statement. Was disappointed to hear that. Thats all

I agree with some of that. Love when alums come back to help further a long tradition of winning. Says so much about a school and its past. BUT if he was talking poorly about other schools, that would be disappointing. I'm a public school guy (here due to Rotsky mentions) so recruiting isn't something I necessarily know a lot about, but I can compare it to doing business with someone. If you have to put someone else down to boost yourself up, it says more than words EVER could. Really hoping it was exaggerated or something. Benny shouldn't need to put other schools down!

Anyone who can't promote their own school without talking down about other schools is a loser. @JacksonNEO5 said he came off "arrogant and incredibly rude" which sounds par for the course for Berdysz and the rest of the MOB.

A couple of new dudes show up and originally post within 15 minutes of each other making a lot of dubious accusations on a freshmen coach?!? Sounds like a coordinated smear attack to anyone with half a brain. Welcome to Yappi during the 1st week of football playoffs.

A couple of new dudes show up and originally post within 15 minutes of each other making a lot of dubious accusations on a freshmen coach?!? Sounds like a coordinated smear attack to anyone with half a brain. Welcome to Yappi during the 1st week of football playoffs.
Probably the same person …

What was the original post? The original post was disappointing to hear something a coach was saying to a family. Thats all that was said

I can not imagine John Berdisz recruiting in that fashion. I’ve seen him out there and he recruited several kids I’ve known, but always been complimentary in other schools. BENE prides itself in doing this the right way and not speaking down to others. Fans can have their own opinions, but I know our coaches focus on the school and what it offers. Not what other schools do or don’t do.

Last edited:
Derell Bedingfield

I can not imagine John Berdisz recruiting in that fashion. I’ve seen him out there and he recruited several kids I’ve known, but always been complimentary in other schools. BENE prides itself in doing this the right way and not speaking down to others.
And I was simply commenting on what the father had told me. I was at the Muni League game and chatted for about 10-15 minutes. The comment was made to me by dad.

What was the original post? The original post was disappointing to hear something a coach was saying to a family. Thats all that was said
Coach Rotsky , go back to the VASJ thread and worry about your cheating scandal over there ✌? Do not bring lies to the Home of Champions thread .

Sorry but that was not all that was said, there was your editorial content involved specifically stating, "arrogant and incredibly rude speaking" . Knowing the guy this is far from how carries himself, you didn't even know the name until wonder of wonders another person shows up and is able to fill in the blank and is unsurprisingly very willing to pile on.

Sorry but that was not all that was said, there was your editorial content involved specifically stating, "arrogant and incredibly rude speaking" . Knowing the guy this is far from how carries himself, you didn't even know the name until wonder of wonders another person shows up and is able to fill in the blank and is unsurprisingly very willing to pile
How low can the VASJ people go ? REAL LOW…

Sorry but that was not all that was said, there was your editorial content involved specifically stating, "arrogant and incredibly rude speaking" . Knowing the guy this is far from how carries himself, you didn't even know the name until wonder of wonders another person shows up and is able to fill in the blank and is unsurprisingly very willing to pile on.
Yes, should have asked the father of the young man what his name was, how to spell it, and his first borns name as well. My apologies.

I commented on what I was told by a father of an 8th grader going to LW with another son already at LW.

Wouldn't want such a hallowed name, overflowing with Benedictine tradition, to go on misspelled.

Yes, should have asked the father of the young man what his name was, how to spell it, and his first borns name as well. My apologies.

I commented on what I was told by a father of an 8th grader going to LW with another son already at LW.
What is the father's name since John's named got dragged into this.

Status
Not open for further replies.