Benches clear after Ronald Acuna Jr. is hit by a pitch from Jose Urena

This was total BS by the Marlins and Urena. Their response to Acuna going for his fourth leadoff home run was to beam him with the first pitch. It also happened to be the fastest pitch Urena has ever thrown in his MLB career. This is one where I think MLB needs to hand out a message sending suspension. The Marlins were 20 games back to start the night and potentially took out a star of playoff caliber team for what?

Certainly a suspension is coming for Urena, deservedly so. I'm also guessing Acuna will learn he should not be pimping his home runs like he has been. Just run around the bases, save the showboating. Bad teams have pride too, and will make you pay if you show them up.

I've never understood the "strategy" to throw at someone. Look there is a need to throw inside, I get that. I think the other thing to note in this case was the pitcher had absolutely no emotion. If a pitch "gets away" there is generally some gesture to let the hitter know "my bad". Urena basically just stared Acuna down, and that makes it look really intentional.

Like football, players need to understand just how dangerous head hunting is and the short term and long term effect on players, and pitchers need to have that same feeling.

Saw this last night. Unbelievable the umpires were not going to do anything to begin with. Maybe a warning, but even that did not seem forthcoming. A suspension and hefty fine are in order.

Paybacks are dear. Watch your heads, fish.

6 games is all he got. I would have thought at least 10.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I've never understood the "strategy" to throw at someone. Look there is a need to throw inside, I get that. I think the other thing to note in this case was the pitcher had absolutely no emotion. If a pitch "gets away" there is generally some gesture to let the hitter know "my bad". Urena basically just stared Acuna down, and that makes it look really intentional.

It wasn't 'strategy' it was the first batter of the game. It was clearly revenge for Acuna showboating his HR's the last few days, and obviously intentional. Thus the suspension. And a lesson learned for young Mr Acuna as well.