Being attacked by adds......

vamp2syd

Anyone else getting adds just popping up everywhere? They are popping up over the thread titles then disappear and then others pop up. Makes it difficult to navigate and causing site to become unresponsive. This started about 2 weeks ago.....

Same here, but it seems like it's been going on longer than that.

I can deal with it when I'm on my workstation. But navigating on my phone quickly is all but impossible. You're right, they pop up for a second and then disappear. Or maybe they sense where your cursor is and shift to that spot instead?

Seems like I'm ready to thumb-click a thread, and it gets pushed down an inch below your target because an ad popped up one millisecond beforehand, and you end up on the ad or the wrong thread.

I read these boards on iPad, I use the free version of AdBlock, I see NO ads EVER.

I had to turn adblock off as the adblock count of block adds would go from 0 to a 1000 in a matter of seconds and made the pages on Yappi unresponsive. Could not navigate unless I scrolled up and down a couple of times. Never had problems before and this all started a couple of weeks ago. Maybe try again. I am having a hard time posting this because the adds are popping all over the place and moves the screen and I have to re click in this window to continue posting......

Might be worth noting that I haven't touched any of AdBlocks default settings. I literally downloaded from the App Store and turned it on, boom no ads.

I noticed a change several weeks ago where the ads/site auto shifts my page to the ad. I can be typing and then it just shifts away from where I’m typing to the ad. It’s doing it right now. So horrible Yappi.

Sorry about the ads. It must be individual issues because I'm not hearing many complaints.

We switched over to a new advertising company back in February. Has the issue been going on since then or is it relatively new?

Just an FYI, the switch to the new advertising is the only reason the site is still up and running. The old advertiser was making it impossible to keep the site open. I literally would have made more per day by working one hour at McDonald's.

Happening to me too. I just deal with, though it is a major nuisance, just happened 4 times as I was typing this.

Has something to do with ad sizing, as the ads rotate, they are different sizes and it shifts the page up and down.

Probably started in February.

Sorry about the ads. It must be individual issues because I'm not hearing many complaints.

We switched over to a new advertising company back in February. Has the issue been going on since then or is it relatively new?

Just an FYI, the switch to the new advertising is the only reason the site is still up and running. The old advertiser was making it impossible to keep the site open. I literally would have made more per day by working one hour at McDonald's.

I’ve had no issues. Google Chrome on an iPhone.

I've been experiencing this same issue for about 3 weeks now.