BBCOR Bats - Top Performers

They all have the same bat exit speed, or "pop". Some are balanced, some are end-loaded, some have bigger sweet spots. But, NONE are hotter than the max exit velocity allowed. They are all tested before release and then again by random sampling. Be sure that the bat companies are all testing each other's bats to make sure no one is cheating. I also believe that USA baseball and the NCAA also regularly test.

Some have cooler graphics though so they are worth the $450!!

Last edited:
The Easton Mako is the best. It comes off that bat like a BESR bat.

They are not like a BESR bat. If you ever played when the BESR bat was allowed you would definitely know the difference. Guys who are hitting HR's with BBCOR bats today are stronger and know how to get it to the sweet spot. Just about anyone could of hit one with BESR if you got enough of the barrel.

Some have cooler graphics though so they are worth the $450!!

Keeping that in mind :rolleyes:, is there anywhere a kid can test out different bats? Gonna need to make the move from -5 down to a BBCOR next year. Actually see what bat feels good rather than reviews of others? Or a place to maybe buy a used good BBCOR, rather than drop the big money right away only to not like the bat.

Keeping that in mind :rolleyes:, is there anywhere a kid can test out different bats? Gonna need to make the move from -5 down to a BBCOR next year. Actually see what bat feels good rather than reviews of others? Or a place to maybe buy a used good BBCOR, rather than drop the big money right away only to not like the bat.

My recommendation is to wait and let everyone else go buy a bat and then have your son borrow a few to test during preseason practice :thumb:

Could always hit play it again sports or craigslist and pick up a cheap one to get swinging in the off season.

My recommendation is to wait and let everyone else go buy a bat and then have your son borrow a few to test during preseason practice :thumb:

Could always hit play it again sports or craigslist and pick up a cheap one to get swinging in the off season.

BINGO!! Let everyone else buy new bats in fall ball and have your kids take BP or real at bats with other kids bats. Doesn't take long to find a bat that feels right. Lighter is better at first.