Battle of Pickerington - OCC

It’s my understanding that the most recent bond didn’t incorporate funds to athletic facilities. The actual funds, which were matched by the state if certain building parameters are met, are dedicated for only buildings. It is because of this bond that other money the district had could be “freed up” and allocated to athletics. Could be wrong, but that’s what I’ve been told. Personally, I’m not a fan of the new stadium for a bunch of different reasons. I don’t mind the turf over the grass. I understand why people might be upset about the financial aspect, but I feel like the cost is less in the long run after the higher initial investment.

If you want money to go to students/teachers, ask the school board and superintendent why they haven’t put an operating levy up for a vote in over ten years. Maybe investigate why administrators and teachers are leaving the district at a faster rate than similar districts nearby? That’s a discussion for other forums though.

As for the games, I pull for both teams unless they play each other. Should be another entertaining Friday.
I'd add that the Superintendent just got a 12% raise.... It hasn't been about turf students or the schools in years...

For those of you that have had the honor of playing in " The Ditch," here is a little history and fact that will open your eyes. People do not know how hard it was playing PC in " The Ditch!" Enjoy the read.

View attachment 49132

Egn2-z8XYAEXTZl.jpg

Here is a cool video, its Pickerington High School versus Logan during the 1999 playoffs. Look at how packed and energetic Tiger stadium is, I like how they even used to paint a large P and tiger prints on the field. I know the visiting bleachers were replaced to be bigger these days but, the Logan side is just packed full of folks, so many standing room on the sideline, compare that to how the visiting stands were half empty for the New Albany game last week. Guess HS sports don't draw the crowds like they used to.

And for Heelinohio Logan High School might have a nice stadium, but man they have not had a semi good team since they left the old school and stadium up on the hill. I don't know how they are supposed to compete in the OCC division with Central when they join cause they lost to schools in divisions 4-6 this year. :ROFLMAO: Far cry from the early 2000's when they had some good teams, North used to play them regularly the first few years North was around and Logan I think leads the series.

North taking care of business 21 - 3 at half

Central game is a close one 7 - 7 at half, I hope they pull ahead in this one

OSHAA and spectrum got 20$ from me to watch 2 games at once :ROFLMAO:

North won handily 35-16.....Darby scored literally on the last play of the game to make it more respectable.......officials didn't even let them try the extra point..... PC & UA in double OT.......

If Central did have those two second half turnovers, I think they would have won the game in regulation.

Touch loss for Central :cry:

Last edited:
If Central did have those two second half turnovers, I think they would of won the game in regulation
If the refs didn't give UA the td pass they clearly flubbed in the endzone PC definitely would have won. Spectrum announcers struggled to not comment on the blown call. Sad.

North won handily 35-16.....Darby scored literally on the last play of the game to make it more respectable.......officials didn't even let them try the extra point..... PC & UA in double OT.......
Gahanna has lost their swagger. PN has a good chance of coming out on top of R3.

Central played with lots of heart - as did UA. In the end though, PC's slight talent advantage was more than off-set by UA's coaching prowess on offense... From my vantage point, it seemed UA's TD pass was really an incomplete pass. High school DBs generally don't know HOW to defend, so even when they're in great defensive position they still either commit a PI or give up the reception. That was the case on both of UA's TD passes. Unless UA was holding 'something' back, I don't see them beating Gahanna next week.

Central played with lots of heart - as did UA. In the end though, PC's slight talent advantage was more than off-set by UA's coaching prowess on offense... From my vantage point, it seemed UA's TD pass was really an incomplete pass. High school DBs generally don't know HOW to defend, so even when they're in great defensive position they still either commit a PI or give up the reception. That was the case on both of UA's TD passes. Unless UA was holding 'something' back, I don't see them beating Gahanna next week.
The second td pass was without any doubt incomplete. I hate it for the players and coaches when a blown call tips the game but that's the way it is. Refs just weren't in a good spot to see the flub.

I was really hoping for a Pick Town rematch in the finals. So much talent between both schools the future is bright.
I'm worried about Central's future. They lose a lot of senior starters - not that any of them were 'great', but they were all pretty good. The JV was not impressive and, other than the QB and K. Alexander, all of the key offensive players graduate. There seems to be an extreme resistance to update the offense... Everybody in the stadium knew what play was coming on the last 4th and goal from the 1 yard line. It would have been shocking had they scored.

Hoping it's the Spectrum 1 game. Doubt very much they show UA two consecutive weeks. PN will have their way with Bradley IMO.
Yea I think PN has been tested all season vs quaility opponents. Bradley has a great QB but I’m not sure if they’ve played against a team of this caliber this season.

Hoping it's the Spectrum 1 game. Doubt very much they show UA two consecutive weeks. PN will have their way with Bradley IMO.
Hate that game is at DeSales. Good seating, nice facility, but the Parking situation is HORRIFIC......understand they ended up putting Gahanna vs UA at Thomas Worthington as well???? Real headscratcher as that is nowhere near a big enough venue for the crowd those two schools can draw.

Hate that game is at DeSales. Good seating, nice facility, but the Parking situation is HORRIFIC......understand they ended up putting Gahanna vs UA at Thomas Worthington as well???? Real headscratcher as that is nowhere near a big enough venue for the crowd those two schools can draw.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231105_103725_X.jpg
    Screenshot_20231105_103725_X.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 58
I'm worried about Central's future. They lose a lot of senior starters - not that any of them were 'great', but they were all pretty good. The JV was not impressive and, other than the QB and K. Alexander, all of the key offensive players graduate. There seems to be an extreme resistance to update the offense... Everybody in the stadium knew what play was coming on the last 4th and goal from the 1 yard line. It would have been shocking had they scored.
If your going to downplay the seniors they lost then at least get your fact straight about who is coming back. Rocco and K.Alexander both return along with Retherford ( TE ), Sharone White ( WR ), Mike Jones ( WR ), Justin McCoy ( WR/RB ), Nick Klipfer ( WR ). Throw in Amare Spiva ( Athlete ) and you have a lot of speed and experience that returns. Throw in speedy Arreyon Washington ( WR ) and Jayden Nelson ( WR ) and PC's offense will be very fast and athletic.

Now, if you really still have your head in the sand, you will note that PC as the year went on began to throw the ball a lot more then they did in the earlier part of the season. Remember, this years offense had 3 returning starters and 3 returning starters on defense. That is 16 brand new starters that have to learn on the fly. More young players played this year than you realize.

And.......finally...Everybody in the stadium knew what play was coming on the last 4th and goal from the 1 yard line. It would have been shocking had they scored.
What kind of statement is that? So what if everyone knew what play was coming. IF the motion back and the running back do not collide after the handoff the running back walks into the end zone.

Learn to be a little more informative before you say stuff you are not exactly correct about. Makes your argument looked very bad.

Last edited:
I think what’s impressive with North this year is the offensive play calling I’ve lost track of how many players found the end zone this season

Now that the season is over, I want to say I was happy with the progress that the team made going into next year. I hope that the staff learned some things from this season though. I do think they have a decent amount of talent coming back. The JV team wasn't going to be as good when you had key sophmores playing significant minutes ( I counted at least 3 starting at some point in the season). A number of juniors played on the defense so I think they'll be ok. I do have a couple of concerns about the offense. It seems like PC is always bringing in 4 new starters on the OL every year. They haven't had much experience on the line in a couple years. I think they need to rethink that strategy and give underclassmen more quality time during the weak league schedule. They'll be starting all over again on the line next year with one starter back. Also, let's face it. The offensive philosophy has to change. Williams is a QB talent that PC only gets every five years or so. They've got to design a better offense around him. Install better audibles and diversify. They don't have a big back that can get a lot of YAC, so you need to change. As for the defense, they need to teach DBs how to cover. It's not illegal to put your hands on receivers before the ball is thrown. Teach them to disrupt routes and locate the ball. Teams like UA, PN, and Gahanna probably laugh at how badly our DBs play. DEs need to learn to use their hands and set the edges better. Little things will make a difference next year. Still, I think it was a better season than I expected. Loved the effort.

Agreed. I don't think UA, although they have a very good defense, has enough offense to keep up with Gahanna. UA has a fantastic coaching staff that get's the most out of what they have. I saw the Gahanna vs Grove City game on Youtube and Gahanna D got torched big time in the second half. Numerous personal fouls and lack of discipline will cost them against Pickerington North IMO.

If your going to downplay the seniors they lost then at least get your fact straight about who is coming back. Rocco and K.Alexander both return along with Retherford ( TE ), Sharone White ( WR ), Mike Jones ( WR ), Justin McCoy ( WR/RB ), Nick Klipfer ( WR ). Throw in Amare Spiva ( Athlete ) and you have a lot of speed and experience that returns. Throw in speedy Arreyon Washington ( WR ) and Jayden Nelson ( WR ) and PC's offense will be very fast and athletic.

Now, if you really still have your head in the sand, you will note that PC as the year went on began to throw the ball a lot more then they did in the earlier part of the season. Remember, this years offense had 3 returning starters and 3 returning starters on defense. That is 16 brand new starters that have to learn on the fly. More young players played this year than you realize.

And.......finally...Everybody in the stadium knew what play was coming on the last 4th and goal from the 1 yard line. It would have been shocking had they scored.
What kind of statement is that? So what if everyone knew what play was coming. IF the motion back and the running back do not collide after the handoff the running back walks into the end zone.

Learn to be a little more informative before you say stuff you are not exactly correct about. Makes your argument looked very bad.
I'm a die-hard, 30+ year Pickerington football guy, so I truly hope I'm wrong! I also hope Deuce's injury wasn't serious... I had forgotten he was just a junior. I also hope Spiva returns next year. Just wonder if he's the STAR basketball player this season (that I think he'll be!) if he'll come back to football. Holland will be a lot better w/ greater strength. He has great instincts and was rarely out of position. The others you mentioned are unproven. Replacing 4 starting O-lineman will be tough. The standard is so high at PC that losing to every good team they played this season makes the 8-4 record feel a little worse than it was. Truth is, they probably played up to their potential and it is hard to ask for more than that. They played hard and w/ pride, so I congratulate them.

I'm a die-hard, 30+ year Pickerington football guy, so I truly hope I'm wrong! I also hope Deuce's injury wasn't serious... I had forgotten he was just a junior. I also hope Spiva returns next year. Just wonder if he's the STAR basketball player this season (that I think he'll be!) if he'll come back to football. Holland will be a lot better w/ greater strength. He has great instincts and was rarely out of position. The others you mentioned are unproven. Replacing 4 starting O-lineman will be tough. The standard is so high at PC that losing to every good team they played this season makes the 8-4 record feel a little worse than it was. Truth is, they probably played up to their potential and it is hard to ask for more than that. They played hard and w/ pride, so I congratulate them.
Well said. I think they did play up to their potential as you said. I think if they would have believed early they would have had a better record. The UA game hurt. But that shows that PC needs to keep improving. I think the OL will be the hardest to replace. PC does have big strong lineman coming up in the ranks. But experience ( just like this past year ) will be a something they have to overcome very quickly. Holland is a very physically gifted player. He needs to get much stronger in order to advance to the next level. But all the tools are there for him to succeed. Spiva I believe will return. I think he will have an expanded role ( much like Shaw did this year ). Deuce is the big question mark. If he does not have a major injury I can see him being one of the top playmakers in Central Ohio next year. I know the underclassman were very upset after the UA game. I know they will come back with a chip on their shoulder.

There is a rumor from the kids at the Junior High, my relative who works there heard, that North's QB is out sick and wont be playing this Friday.

Hopefully unfounded nonsense 😅

Should be a great one tonight as Pick North takes on Bradley. I think PN speed, athleticism, and depth will catch Bradley off guard. Contain Bradley’s QB by applying pressure up the middle and the DEs being discipline on the edge should be the formula for success tonight.