Battle of Pickerington - OCC

North gets in the redzone twice, no scores

safety from intentional grounding puts north up 16-14 with 50 seconds in the third quarter left

Last edited:
excluding the final drive, North had three total possessions in the second half and they allended in the redzone with zero points.

westerville did play close games in all their loses against good teams

PN is not #2 in Ohio. They are a pretty good squad.....but as in most years....overrated. I think they'll have a nice season and the seniors will go out with some quality wins and positive memories but no rings.
Panthers will go 9-1 and make it to Regional Final... where they will lose again to Gahanna. If their offense is clicking, they'll score against anybody. Good to see them trusting their big QB. Unfortunately, the D is not strong enough to get to Canton..

Westerville Central isn’t a bad team just catching some bad luck. PN didn’t seem to play with much urgency today but a win is a win. Winning football games at this point when your on top is tough just ask Westerville North or Olentangy.

I’ve been wondering the same thing. Maybe
Not sure if this is the reason he isn’t playing but I do know that some transfers can only play the first 5 weeks while others seem to be able to play the full season. North seems to have the transfer loopholes figured out so I would be surprised if that were the case.

Not sure if this is the reason he isn’t playing but I do know that some transfers can only play the first 5 weeks while others seem to be able to play the full season. North seems to have the transfer loopholes figured out so I would be surprised if that were the case.
The word around town is he is out for now due to transfer but will be eligible play-off time? I have never seen this before and not sure I believe it.

The word around town is he is out for now due to transfer but will be eligible play-off time? I have never seen this before and not sure I believe it.
That is a false statement. He is out for the rest of the year just like the TE at Central and others around Columbus.

Last edited:
I miss the days when we had local sports journalism with the ThisWeekNews, where there was weekly game previews for all the big local teams and articles about the results after the games. From this you often able read about a key player being hurt or ineligible, and hear the coaches thoughts about the upcoming game or after a game. Now, I cant read anything on the Dispatch website cause its paywalled but seems like they only write about the top game or two of the week, good thing they got sold to a newspaper conglomerate. :LOL:.

Didn't watch any games this week, but looks like the Picktown schools did about what we all expected. North plays Grove City next week, been a few times over the years when North was the way better team yet lost to them. Looks like Westerville Central finally got that first win against Grove City though. Pick Central plays an easier opponent after the next for their last 3 weeks.

I miss the days when we had local sports journalism with the ThisWeekNews, where there was weekly game previews for all the big local teams and articles about the results after the games. From this you often able read about a key player being hurt or ineligible, and hear the coaches thoughts about the upcoming game or after a game. Now, I cant read anything on the Dispatch website cause its paywalled but seems like they only write about the top game or two of the week, good thing they got sold to a newspaper conglomerate. :LOL:.

Didn't watch any games this week, but looks like the Picktown schools did about what we all expected. North plays Grove City next week, been a few times over the years when North was the way better team yet lost to them. Looks like Westerville Central finally got that first win against Grove City though. Pick Central plays an easier opponent after the next for their last 3 weeks.
I subscribe to the Dispatch. Their H.S sports coverage is not nearly what it used to be... They cover a handful of games, but no longer publish standings, stats, box scores. Apparently that is a trend across all newspaper sites. I subscribe to newspapers in VA and NC and their high school sport coverage has also be severely decreased.

That is a false statement. He is out for the rest of the year just like the TE at Central and others around Columbus.
Is this because of the transfer or injury? I find it hard to believe that 2 out of town “move ins” would have to sit because of transferring. The Pick schools normally have this aspect of team building down to a science. Maybe they should bring the Richmond Heights athletic department in as an outside consultant.

Is this because of the transfer or injury? I find it hard to believe that 2 out of town “move ins” would have to sit because of transferring. The Pick schools normally have this aspect of team building down to a science. Maybe they should bring the Richmond Heights athletic department in as an outside consultant.
Don’t know anything about SWD, but the unreliable thirdhand I heard on Galloway was that whoever he is living with that has him in PLSD is not a guardian or anyone with custody rights. If that’s the case, then that bangs two of the exceptions off the bat.

Don’t know anything about SWD, but the unreliable thirdhand I heard on Galloway was that whoever he is living with that has him in PLSD is not a guardian or anyone with custody rights. If that’s the case, then that bangs two of the exceptions off the bat.
That would be huge a loss for both squads. I think Gahanna is dealt the worst hand as their transfer Cameron Frazier might of been playing some of the best football in state.

If they made me king for day, here's what my league for PC would look like:

Pick Central
Gahanna
Reynoldsburg
Pick North
Lancaster
Groveport-Madison
New Albany
That would be huge a loss for both squads. I think Gahanna is dealt the worst hand as their transfer Cameron Frazier might of been playing some of the best football in state.
What happened to Frazier or is he simply a 'casualty' of the transfer rule? I don't understand why a great player would transfer somewhere knowing that he could only play 5 games at his new school.

If they made me king for day, here's what my league for PC would look like:

Pick Central
Gahanna
Reynoldsburg
Pick North
Lancaster
Groveport-Madison
New Albany

What happened to Frazier or is he simply a 'casualty' of the transfer rule? I don't understand why a great player would transfer somewhere knowing that he could only play 5 games at his new school.
I wonder about that too. Do the coaches let these kids know their eligibility is at risk prior to transferring.

If they get them back for playoffs, I can see why they would want transfers to come in. Even assuming they get to come back, does it have to be 5 straight? Feel like the better plan would be to play your transfers on your hardest games, (no offense to Reynoldsburg) but why would PN GL PC use a transfer game on a team they are going to hang a running clock on? If they don't come back, and you have to play 5 straight, why play them in the first 5? Whole issue makes 0 sense to me, also is Jeremiah Watkins gone for GL too? he was WR1 for them coming into season.